The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: The 2018-19 Ice Season is Approaching!  (Read 2038 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
The 2018-19 Ice Season is Approaching!
« on: Sep 19, 2018, 01:21 PM »
The 2018-19 Ice Season is Approaching!

Are you charging your flasher batteries? Dusting off and cleaning your shacks? Stringing new line? Picking up new baits?

Planning on any new gear this season? Who else is getting gear ready for First Ice!

Things will be picking up here pretty quickly I would think!

See ya soon!  @) :tipup:

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The 2018-19 Ice Season is Approaching!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 2018, 09:18 AM »
Cool nights have me thinking cold but he fall bite is just kicking in. Have a couple trolling rods that got broke in half going to get turned into ice rods. I'll be ready when the world freezes again!
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline flx28man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2018, 12:00 AM »
Im ready for ice got gear and sled ready to go

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2018, 07:31 PM »
Getting caught up around the rod shop myself, beginning to organize some gear, and waiting on a few FedEx shipments to arrive!  :tipup:

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2018, 09:03 PM »
I can't believe how hot it was two weeks ago and the light switch got flipped. 15 degrees for opening day of elk season! Brrrr!!

I bought a marcum Lx-7 a couple ice seasons ago. It was basically on the sidelines all of last year with issues. I sent it into marcum and they did their due diligence to treat me right. We will have to see if all their updates worked!

So as of now I don't NEED anything for this year's season....but I'll of course buy some stuff ;)
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2018, 09:09 PM »
Hopefully it works for you trent. Im still running the original firm ware on mine. Like 3.17 or something like that. I don't see the need to mess with it if it's still working. I seen those temps on the NWS site for green river. Good stuff
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2018, 01:01 PM »
Hopefully it works for you trent. Im still running the original firm ware on mine. Like 3.17 or something like that. I don't see the need to mess with it if it's still working. I seen those temps on the NWS site for green river. Good stuff

Mine was very weird. It started to "lose the bottom." Then it was very hard to get my settings to where I could see my jig...and then it just lost everything and because a paper weight. Tried a new transducer and nothing. Ended up sending it in in February after not having it most of January and they got it back to me in March or April. Used the vex all year! It still works but is on its last legs.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 16, 2018, 11:07 AM »
I got a showdown that I use.  I still don't like it because it only really works good on the 8 Degree beam.

I'm looking at those Hook2's from lowrance.  I can use my way points I have saved from summer on it. 
Don

Offline Icephishwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 29, 2018, 09:32 AM »

Thinking about ice fishing while finishing up the hunting  ;D

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 30, 2018, 12:32 AM »
 Going to be a great year! Hopefully we will be fishing in the hills within a month.

Offline BoatsNHose307

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 01, 2018, 06:37 AM »
First post here, and hopefully not hijacking too much... What are typically the first places to get on good ice? I assume high Alpine lakes are the ticket. Sibley and meadowlark in the bighorns? The snowies before they close the road? Obviously this is all weather dependent on who gets cold and where. I don't have a sled so places I can drive to or manage to walk to. Just getting antsy for hardwater. I'm based out of Casper for reference so I guess I'm looking at central/eastern wy.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #11 on: Nov 01, 2018, 09:04 AM »
Nice user name BNH307, welcome to the shanty  @)
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline reelrusty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 01, 2018, 11:29 AM »
It's been pretty balmy down here in the "Banana Belt" but I'm getting just as antsy as the best (or worst) of y'all! New six inch K-Drill ready to go. Sweetie got me an entry level Marcum underwater camera last Christmas and fishing with it really opened my eyes regarding fish behavior. It is however not a "hole hopper". Kinda lookin at the Aqua View Micro II and like the portability of it but not seeing much for unbiased reviews on youtube. Anybody use this unit and how did it work out for you? Curious regarding how well you can see the screen in sunlight. Also, recharging the battery. Can I just replace with a charged one or do I need to run the generator in the camper for hours to trickle charge the thing? I can see the grandkids goin through a charged battery pretty quick and when I get to go ice fishin I'm generally out for a few days or longer. Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful season on the ice! :tipup:

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 02, 2018, 01:40 PM »
I'll be going high country soon BNH307. Welcome to the Shanty!  :tipup:

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Nov 02, 2018, 04:06 PM »
Bnh Toltec south of Casper will probably be ready in 2 weeks or so. It's the first to freeze ariund here beside the really high altitude stuff.

Offline BoatsNHose307

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Nov 02, 2018, 05:02 PM »
Thanks waterlike! Toltec wasn't even on my radar. Ive never been so I'll have to check it out!

Offline lippy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 03, 2018, 12:08 PM »
I am ready for the ice this year I picked up 4 new ugly sticks 36"er going to give em a try lignin. bring on the ice.

Offline Quicsilver171

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Nov 11, 2018, 06:21 PM »
Just fired up the auger got some fresh non ethanol 2 stroke ready to roll. Fresh blades and sharpened up some spares. Getting excited

Offline callovthemackinaw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Winter: realm of eternal ice.
« Reply #18 on: Nov 12, 2018, 11:29 PM »
Thanks waterlike! Toltec wasn't even on my radar. Ive never been so I'll have to check it out!

weather permitting imma hit up toltec this weekend.  if you all want ill post what I find.

fished it for the first time ever last month, its like an antero without all the googans.     very impressed.

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Nov 13, 2018, 09:46 AM »
yeah let us know about toltec. i was thinking of heading up soon too.  should be very close, especially after this weekend.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 13, 2018, 11:06 PM »
weather permitting imma hit up toltec this weekend.  if you all want ill post what I find.

fished it for the first time ever last month, its like an antero without all the googans.     very impressed.

Place that into the R&C forum if you would please?  :tipup:

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Nov 14, 2018, 01:14 PM »
Getting closer here in Fremont county the water that was left in the canals are freezing up as well as some of the marsh land around. With the snow coming in to cool the water down might be out shortly after Thanksgiving on a local lake but just have to wait and see. Hope to see so e of you out on the ice good luck and be safe on first ice.

Offline ND_Outdoorsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Nov 19, 2018, 04:48 PM »
Just a new Garmin Panoptix.............. ......... yeah i wish! Check out Uncut Angling's walleye fishing video on youtube and you will see how sick it is.

Im actually looking to downsize this year and maybe save up for that Garmin. Anyone want to buy a Frabill Full Thermal side step flip over?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.