Author Topic: Polar Bird....you out there ?  (Read 2598 times)

Offline wile.e.1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Polar Bird....you out there ?
« on: Feb 07, 2018, 08:47 AM »
Trying to reach there cust. service dept.     1 of the rods on my 4 T ice shelter cracked.  Anyone speak to them recently ?    I know they used to chime in here from time to time.   Calls to listed number gets menu tree with two options....sales or cust. service,  neither gets answered.   Also sent email on Monday.    Thanks
Remember those that served..All gave some...Some gave All

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Polar Bird....you out there ?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2018, 09:01 AM »
uh oh.yeah I'm supposed prostaff for polarbird and haven't heard one thing from them this year...heard there was  different guys running polarbird now.i took my prostaff badge off because theres no communication this year.last year I would chat daily with polarbird.sorry I'm no help.

Offline wile.e.1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2018, 09:28 AM »
Thanks for your reply Doc.   I know what you mean,  A while back  they were all over this site,   I Did a quick search before posting my message and found no activity.  That, along with no answer from phone calls led me to reach out here.   I was actually shocked to see a crack in one of the poles,   hope I can get a replacement.  ( still the toughest hub I have owned though).  Thanks for your time Sir !

Offline bighornrmk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2018, 09:36 AM »
On their web site it says final sale while supplies last. Sounds like they are shutting down. I just bought a 4t in December. Really like it

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2018, 09:37 AM »
Polar Bird's website https://polarbird.com/ is announcing a Final Sale, while supplies last.  You can't help but wonder if they really mean FINAL sale, as in the last sale ever...  I hope I'm wrong, but all key indicators would lead me to believe that they're done selling in the US market.  I'm still tempted to grab another one while I still can.

Doc, see if your code will pop another 10% off the sale price.  Let me know.

DN

DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline IcePirateJace

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2018, 09:39 AM »
They have been very prompt anytime I email them. Last week I sent a message and it was responded to in 2 minutes. They’ve taken good care of me after the sale.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2018, 10:12 AM »
Don't see anything on the site for Parts. Not good.
<===Lefty===

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2018, 10:15 AM »
Polar Bird's website https://polarbird.com/ is announcing a Final Sale, while supplies last.  You can't help but wonder if they really mean FINAL sale, as in the last sale ever...  I hope I'm wrong, but all key indicators would lead me to believe that they're done selling in the US market.  I'm still tempted to grab another one while I still can.

Doc, see if your code will pop another 10% off the sale price.  Let me know.

DN
yep it takes about 40  bucks off. the 3t long dropped it from 404 to 364

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2018, 11:37 AM »
Two 4T's for $321.75 each is pretty enticing.  That's only about $25 more for each 4T than the free-for-all prices in early '16 when I got my 3T for $256.  I think the 4T's were going for $296.  Very tempting...  Pretty sure I could unload one locally for $350 or so too.  Cabelas has the 4T Long for $383 again, but that is just too much shelter for me.  Decisions, decisions... :-\

DN

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline wile.e.1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2018, 11:41 AM »
They have been very prompt anytime I email them._**** Last week I sent a message and it was responded to in 2 minutes.***** They’ve taken good care of me after the sale.

Like that line from the movie  Airplane.........looks like I picked a bad week to break a pole  ....:-(

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 07, 2018, 11:59 AM »
Like that line from the movie  Airplane.........looks like I picked a bad week to break a pole  ....:-(

Did you try emailing "[email protected]"?  That's supposed to be the best way to contact them.  Try it if you haven't.

DN

Offline wile.e.1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 07, 2018, 01:10 PM »
Thanks Ninja   , I originally sent it to [email protected]   , ( on Monday )    just forwarded that email to info@ as you suggested    thank you

Offline wile.e.1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 07, 2018, 01:12 PM »
Hey  cool    just got a reply email,   it said  :  Received, thank you.     so we will see,  thanks again

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Feb 07, 2018, 01:28 PM »
Regardless of the response you get, I bet It would be pretty easy to find a replacement pole that will work for you.  It might not be color coordinated, but better than nothing.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 07, 2018, 01:41 PM »
The 15% off if you order two or more shelters isn't working on the website.  It's only calculating a 10% discount.  I have sent an email regarding the bug.

DN

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #15 on: Feb 07, 2018, 01:48 PM »
The 15% off if you order two or more shelters isn't working on the website.  It's only calculating a 10% discount.  I have sent an email regarding the bug.

DN
does my code work for you?

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 07, 2018, 01:54 PM »
does my code work for you?

Yup, sure does!  Got a buyer for one already.  They just need to get the 15% code fixed when you buy two!

DN

Offline Fishin fan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 07, 2018, 05:04 PM »
A quick fix for a replacement pole is to buy the yellow fibreglass driveway marker and cut to size. I’ve done it and works very well.

Dave

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 08, 2018, 09:06 AM »

DN

UPDATE:  The website checkout has been updated to take an additional 5% off when ordering two or more shelters.  Unfortunately the additional 5% off is being calculated on the sale price instead of the original price, but better than nothing at all for buying two or more.

Bottom line:  A Polar Bird 4T can be had for $328.00 each delivered if you order two or more.  $367.00 if you order only one.  Still a good buy on an excellent hub with an indestructible, insulated floor.

DN

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
RIP Polar Bird
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 10:55 AM »
Polar Bird is no more.  I called it on February 7, 2018 below.  Sad news.  I just had a little exchange via email with the most recent President, Igor Gladkov.  He claims lack of sales were to blame.  More like lack of advertising and lack of knowledge of the industry is how I see it.  Discontinuing the forum sponsorship was his first mistake.  Damn shame.  A very nice hub leaves the market.  The website www.polarbird.com now re-directs to polarbird.us and is owned by Snegir, the Russian parent per a "Whois" search.

DN

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 03:12 PM »
Guess us polarbird owners are going to have rare shelters.lol and sheet out of luck for repair parts.lol.cant believe the didnt really even try to market the shelters very good.for every shelter that was bought with my code i was supposed to get 30 bucks.guess the checks are never coming.lol owell got a free polarbird 4t thats fine with me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.