The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Smitty sled  (Read 862 times)

Offline stickbait

• Team IceShanty Addict
Smitty sled
« on: Jan 19, 2018, 04:11 PM »
Built a Smitty sled prototype last year to haul my shapell hut,sled and other gear. This thing is great!! My sled would always get wet!and gather snow on the bottom. Not any more. Now I carry more gear than ever, with far less work.

Offline sebago2jigtima

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Smitty sled
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2018, 04:14 PM »
nice job!  ;)

Offline PenguinIII

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2018, 05:04 PM »
Nice job Stickbait, that thing is a tank

Offline stickbait

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2018, 05:44 PM »
Nice job Stickbait, that thing is a tank

Thx. It’s a tank when loaded. But really very simple and light. It’s made up of the two skis, and two 1x4” cross members that can be assembled and broken down in a matter of minutes.

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2018, 06:00 PM »
Nice job Stick, I like things are made by individuals as opposed to manufactured goods.

I don't have a picture to show you but I use the rope used by water skiers with the hand grip and roller wheel like the clothes line reels.
It will turn the sled very easily

BEE is good at improvising but he hasn't convinced me to get rid of my Tanaka auger yet.

I did quite a job rigging my Honda wheeler & can carry about everything with room to spare.

Now I've started working on some ideas for my Tundra sled. It's powerful, has plenty of room length wise and a real work horse.
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2018, 09:10 PM »
Im looking into making something similar. Have heard they cut pull weight drastically.
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Sampson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2018, 09:52 PM »
 Less friction

Offline lynng

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2018, 08:23 AM »
Here is mine.  Built it a few years ago. It really makes pulling so much easier, especially in snow. I walk to my fishing. It is remarkable how much it reduces the effort required to pull all of my "necessities".  Built mine wide enough to put a Jet Sled XL with a large Clam Hub beside it. Best thing I've built for my ice fishing. Highly recommend for anyone who walks.

Offline MadFisha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Wish this was work....
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2018, 10:35 AM »
Man o man those look nice, definitely something I need it seems as though every time i go I bring more and more stuff.

Offline stickbait

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2018, 12:00 PM »
Man o man those look nice, definitely something I need it seems as though every time i go I bring more and more stuff.

Thx. Easy to make. I had all the parts laying around the garage, except for the skis. I got the skis at the local Salvation Army for $5.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.