Author Topic: WILLOW SLOUGH  (Read 8972 times)

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: WILLOW SLOUGH
« Reply #30 on: Jan 17, 2018, 08:13 PM »

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 17, 2018, 09:06 PM »
Crooked fence antiques (which is the same building cheifs bait was in) is seĺling bait and a few ice jigs and such. Not much selection on gear.

Pedees also has bait selection and not much for jigs. Pedees is open 7 days a week 8 a.m. till 6, but in the winter he closes around 5.

Crooked fence antiquesis open wed-sunday, hours.. i cant remember.

Pedees loation... take meridian south of rte 10 to 757 west. Turn left (its a subdivision) go the the left hand turn, turn left. Goto the end, in the cul de sac, on the left hand sign you will see his polebarn.
Got one goin'!

Offline ice_mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 17, 2018, 09:21 PM »
If you’ve never been PeeDees is a challenge to find.
He’s always had what we were after though

Offline Dahouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 18, 2018, 06:02 AM »
Theres a place right as you get into Schneider coming from the North on 41 , Marathon Gas Station, Sluders ????  Bait and roaches and crappie Minnows.

Offline wallyspartan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 19, 2018, 02:25 PM »
Theres a place right as you get into Schneider coming from the North on 41 , Marathon Gas Station, Sluders ????  Bait and roaches and crappie Minnows.
Studer’s, just south of the railroad overpass.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 19, 2018, 04:21 PM »
Bite was better today managed 11 bigger fish.

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Jan 19, 2018, 04:32 PM »
Pics or it didn't happen lol I wanna see pics of these gills being caught on the slough.....

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 19, 2018, 07:12 PM »
Looks like you got me. Guess I am lying lol

Offline Rob219

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 19, 2018, 08:52 PM »
How’s the slough bite?? Thinking of finally going tomorrow. And I must add I’m new to this forum and it’s hilarious how people down talk the slough and all the feeds on here. Show us somewhere better for gills?? That’s right top secret.

Offline ice_mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #39 on: Jan 19, 2018, 09:02 PM »
I haven’t been there yet this year but talk to guys who go regularly since I’m only 20 miles away.
For the most part I’ve been told it’s hit or miss.
A couple guys are on them and getting limits.
All I’ll say is go to the back and avoid the crowd.

Offline Rob219

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 19, 2018, 09:17 PM »
I’ve been ice fishing the slough for almost 20 years. The key is to move around. The fish are real spooky in 4ft of water but is a great fishery. Not over rated at all

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Jan 19, 2018, 09:24 PM »
I’ve been ice fishing the slough for almost 20 years. The key is to move around. The fish are real spooky in 4ft of water but is a great fishery. Not over rated at all

Move around or don't move around ?

Offline tnrandy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On!
« Reply #42 on: Jan 19, 2018, 09:28 PM »
The bite was good this afternoon and the golden hour today.

Offline bottom bouncer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 19, 2018, 09:59 PM »
Like most bodies of water fishing pressure is making getting a limit consistently from the Slough tougher.  Hundreds of guys walking, spudding, dragging sleds and drilling holes on 4' of water is bound to put the fish off. Add in 100's of Vexilars all banging away with ultrasonic sound waves and make it almost non stop 7 days a week. Then when a few guys do manage to get on a good bite they start posting pics of piles of fish on Instagram, Facebook and other Interweb sites and you get the Slough we have today.   I've seen the Slough go from the years we had maybe a dozen guys on buckets with jiggle sticks and frozen beer to the 3 ring circus it is on a weekend today. Call me an A-hole if you want but I don't post pics of fish for that very reason. On a forum ask me about ice conditions, baits used and other generalities be happy to help. Pics of fish under the lake heading? Sorry no.  Back in the good old days a fella stopped at the local bait shop to have a pic taken for the braggin' board. Then, it took the guy at the bait shop 2 weeks to get the pics back from PhotoMat. Nowadays the fish ain't done floppin' and somebodies "friends" including the kid in Czechoslovakia are looking at the pic on Facebook!!  IMHO 2 worst things that happened to fishing were the internet and the I- phone!  ???   
Being retired is turning into hard work!

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Jan 20, 2018, 08:07 AM »
I have fished the slough for 29 years and you are rite about the noise ! If you move around you can forget it !  Pic a spot all alone and set up and be quite don't move is the key ! The internet and the giant billboard with a pic of a 30 something inch pike on 10 about the slough doesn't help either !

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #45 on: Jan 20, 2018, 10:33 AM »
How come I never seen any pictures of those monster gills ??

Offline crappiecrusher34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 20, 2018, 08:37 PM »
 I waited all year to go in till now and she didn't disappoint. Panfishpopper85 was there for the hogging today also. Still holds biggest in the state.
Chasing a dream on the water.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #47 on: Jan 20, 2018, 08:44 PM »
Gills only send me your number. 7654044025 or anyone else who can post pics. Was at slough today buddy of mine land one 11 plus inches. I got the pics and tape on it. We got the giants today. I waited all year to go in till now and she didn't disappoint. Panfishpopper85 was there for the hogging today also. Still holds biggest in the state. Someone help me get this pic up.

If you have the pic on your phone just click the P Add image to post  link below the window you are typing in, select the pic off you phone and it will appear.  Simple...no one should need to post your pics for you if you have them on your phone.

Offline crappiecrusher34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Jan 20, 2018, 08:50 PM »

Offline crappiecrusher34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Jan 20, 2018, 08:51 PM »

Offline crappiecrusher34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Jan 20, 2018, 08:53 PM »
Thanks wax worm that's much easier than before. I got some pics to catch up on.

Offline SK8TNPIGEZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 21, 2018, 04:01 AM »
On the other hand, I would not be the fisherman I am today without people like BigR, high tide, Stinkybaits, crapcrusher34, the dudes from the fort etc
Who have educated me and always answered my pm questions! 

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Jan 21, 2018, 04:52 AM »
A TRUE SLOUGH BULLGILL, YOU PUTTING HIM ON THE WALL? CONGRATS.

Offline crappiecrusher34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Jan 21, 2018, 05:16 AM »
Yes he's mounting it.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #54 on: Jan 21, 2018, 08:30 AM »
Those are dandy fish !!

Offline hookitNcookit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Jan 24, 2018, 10:22 AM »
Hey bottom bouncer you are retired so there should be no reason to be grumpy about the interweb man you dont have to work anymore! Lol i disagree with you on the internet and the iphone being the 2 worst things to happen to fishing. I have renewed my passion for fishing that i almost gave up (well lets say I focused on golf more) because i was tired of fishing the same crappy lakes and ponds locally so i found 100s of new fishing spots thanks to google earth you tube chi town angler and ice shanty to name a few im not a big bluegill guy so i can understand where u are coming from but guys like me go out there to catch and release pike and bass and hell ill bluegill fish for fun because i hate cleanin them little *****s lol and i know of guys like me and seen em. Also youre retired and can fish anytime you want some people can only go a handful of times a season! Sorry to ramble but i have learned so much more on various tips and techniques on how to catch multiple species through the internet then i ever have from tv or word of mouth. I basically just chased largemouth bass now because of the interweb i chase lake michigan perch and smallies  river walleyes and smallies from wisconsin to michigan all over. Needless to say i dont golf anymore thanks interweb!!
"It aint how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward."

Offline bev

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Jan 24, 2018, 11:04 AM »
nice

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Jan 25, 2018, 01:25 PM »
THERE ARE A COUPLE GUYS FISHING TODAY (Thursday). if YOU ARE 1 OF THEM HOW MUCH ICE IT THERE?

Offline countryboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!
« Reply #58 on: Jan 25, 2018, 06:29 PM »
Is patrol road closed?

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Jan 25, 2018, 08:25 PM »
WAS LAST I HEARD.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum