Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1686485 times)

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #2850 on: Jun 22, 2018, 05:55 PM »
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2851 on: Jun 22, 2018, 06:21 PM »
The 2ah batteries are worthless, the impact driver is needed for what?, and the drill will be a discontinued model next month.
Don't waste your coins on this unit which will disappoint you on the ice.
Leave Some For Seed

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2852 on: Jun 23, 2018, 02:59 PM »
[quote author=Deal Ninja link=topic=331034.msg3853428#msg3853428 date=1529430504

PS.  Feel free to let me know if you're in the market for anything.  The deals on boots should continue to pop up on Amazon as they try to unload inventories of winter items.
[/quote]

I need some new boots before winter but in no hurry. I bought a pair of muck artic pros this past winter but my toes get cold after awhile, these rubber boots made me realize my feet sweat, wicking sock with smart wool sock. Also toes get cold easy it seems these days, spent too long outside with a poor boot one or twice (I'm only in my mid twenties  ???) Thinking I need a breathable pac boot,  Baffin probably makes sense for Minnesota and hole hopping. Impact or Apex; still looking around though.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2853 on: Jun 23, 2018, 03:54 PM »
[quote author=Deal Ninja link=topic=331034.msg3853428#msg3853428 date=1529430504

PS.  Feel free to let me know if you're in the market for anything.  The deals on boots should continue to pop up on Amazon as they try to unload inventories of winter items.

I need some new boots before winter but in no hurry. I bought a pair of muck artic pros this past winter but my toes get cold after awhile, these rubber boots made me realize my feet sweat, wicking sock with smart wool sock. Also toes get cold easy it seems these days, spent too long outside with a poor boot one or twice (I'm only in my mid twenties  ???) Thinking I need a breathable pac boot,  Baffin probably makes sense for Minnesota and hole hopping. Impact or Apex; still looking around though.
Ever try foot powder in your socks? Works great to keep sweat from ruining your day. They also sell Charcoal liners for boots.
<===Lefty===

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2854 on: Jun 23, 2018, 05:02 PM »

Please give me your regular shoe size (here or pm) and I will find something for you.  I can’t do anything for you without your shoe size.  ;)  I’m a huge fan of Baffins.  They feel like your feet are surrounded by a tempurpedic mattress.  Unbelievable comfort.
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2855 on: Jun 23, 2018, 07:56 PM »

Try cabelas breathable winter boots 400 gram plus boots I got 400 gram and there awesome for over nighters...  while the 1200 gram I would love..

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2856 on: Jun 25, 2018, 03:31 PM »
 i've got the sweaty stinky feet and the mucks don't help that one bit.  absolutely love my baffin impacts but even up here in north sask they can be too warm at times, especially if you're doing any amount of walking.

sure is nice of d.n. to look out for all of us bargain lovers, much appreciated!

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2857 on: Jun 25, 2018, 10:29 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I will have to look at some of those!

Please give me your regular shoe size (here or pm) and I will find something for you.  I can’t do anything for you without your shoe size.  ;)  I’m a huge fan of Baffins.  They feel like your feet are surrounded by a tempurpedic mattress.  Unbelievable comfort.

My nike tennis shoes are size 11.  Very cool of you to look around, much appreciated!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2858 on: Jun 26, 2018, 06:00 AM »
Alright boot hunters!  ABSOLUTE STEAL!!!  Baffin Men's Endurance Snow Boot size 12 - $59.55  :o  (from Baffin's site for information- https://www.baffin.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=POLAM005)  These are excellent, extremely warm boots.  One of Baffin's seven Polar Rated (-148F) boots.  One thing to keep in mind though, these are VERY LARGE boots and may not serve the run-and-gun guys too well.

The deal HERE:  https://www.amazon.com/Baffin-Mens-Endurance-Snow-Expedition/dp/B006T89I5K/ref=sr_1_3?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1530009329&sr=1-3&nodeID=5658904011&psd=1&refinements=p_89%3ABaffin&th=1&psc=1

You fellas who are size 11 should be all over this.  I don't care much for the orange, but at $60 for a boot that regularly runs $180 - $230, I could live with it.   ;D  Read the reviews, Questions and Answers and the comments on sizing.  These apparently are fairly true to size according to the comments, so if you wear an 11-12, I’d go for it.  Returning to Amazon is easy-peasy if you don't care for the fit.

DN

PS.  Let me know if you grab this deal!  Thanks!

A pretty good deal for the guys who like to be on the move - https://www.amazon.com/Baffin-Mens-Evolution-Snow-Brown/dp/B003HNNAF4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1530011617&sr=8-1&keywords=Baffin%2BMen%27s%2BEvolution&th=1&psc=1

Another steal in size 14  https://www.amazon.com/Baffin-Mens-Evolution-Snow-Brown/dp/B003HNNAM2/ref=pd_ybh_a_19?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=XSCHQDPT8FZ423VWEHKN

Very nice buy - Baffin Shackleton size 10 - $109.49  Buy if your normal shoe size is 8 to 9.  https://www.amazon.com/Baffin-Mens-Shackleton-Snow-Brown/dp/B004YGRC66/ref=pd_ybh_a_125?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=NKANN6QDDGJCQ1J4Q7WK  Another of the -148 rated Polar Series.

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2859 on: Jun 26, 2018, 06:50 AM »
i've got the sweaty stinky feet and the mucks don't help that one bit.  absolutely love my baffin impacts but even up here in north sask they can be too warm at times, especially if you're doing any amount of walking.

sure is nice of d.n. to look out for all of us bargain lovers, much appreciated!

If I wanted to clear the room all I had to do was take off my shoes as after working all day as my feet smelled like a container of night crawlers that were left in the trunk of the car for a few days. Nasty Nasty smell. I went to a podiatrist for another problem and discussed the rotten smelling feet. I got a bottle of Formalin solution, a dilute solution of formaldehyde, from him that stopped the sweating of my feet. No more sweating no more stinky feet.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2860 on: Jun 26, 2018, 07:06 AM »
STEAL - Fenwick Aetos Ice Spinning Rod 18" L - $17.84 

https://www.amazon.com/fenwick-AICE18ULXFS-AETOS-Ice-Spinning/dp/B011LVAVBY/ref=pd_ybh_a_27?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=9AZD0YT60BSH2JPJB7WQ&th=1&psc=1

10" Strikemaster 42cc Lazer Mag - A steal if you need a 10" auger at nearly 50% off regular pricing @ $231.32 Reviews are not compelling though... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Y5OLHG?th=1&psc=1

Frabill Citadel 3455 Insulated - $522.70 and free ship.  About $225 off regular price and free ship.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LW3OHN4?psc=1

DN

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline the force

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2862 on: Jun 26, 2018, 01:29 PM »
Your the man DN! I’m from Canada but going to be in Washington next week on vacation so am getting some stuff sent package holding facility.
If anyone sees a large insulated pop-up shelter let me know... been trying to find a Eskimo 9416i for quite a while without luck.

Also, some lighter weight boot (sz11) I use mucks right now which are great minus the comfiness when hiking and breathability. I’m in a bit of a bind cause want breathable but often end up fishing in slush which doesn’t mix well.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2863 on: Jun 26, 2018, 04:00 PM »
I don’t think you’ll find a leftover 9416i anywhere at this late date.  Best available that I could find at a reasonable price is the Frabill 450 Bunker at Sportsman’s Guide.
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/frabill-bunker-insulated-hub-style-450-ice-fishing-shelter-6-person?a=1845482

You could try these. They're lighter than the Polar Series, but still fairly large boots. 
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003HNNAPO/ref=sr_1_1_olp?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1530045954&sr=8-1&keywords=baffin+control+max&condition=used

For $51.39, it might be worth a shot.  I buy a fair amount of stuff through warehouse deals and my experiences have ‘mostly’ been good.  Even if they don’t work for you, you’d only be out $51.

Good luck to you and have fun on vacation!

DN

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2864 on: Jun 26, 2018, 07:38 PM »
I bought the orange boots! I hope that they fit! Thanks again DN. $56 can’t be beat.

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2865 on: Jun 27, 2018, 02:52 AM »
I bought the orange boots! I hope that they fit! Thanks again DN. $56 can’t be beat.

Look like awesome boots! Too bad they have none in a 10 for that price!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2866 on: Jun 27, 2018, 03:30 AM »
Look like awesome boots! Too bad they have none in a 10 for that price!

How about the black Shackleton for $46.87?  ;D  These run small, so if your regular shoe size is a 10, they will be very tight.  I wear a 9 and bought the 10s and the are still snug.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004YGRAX6/ref=olp_twister_child?ie=UTF8&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&mv_color_name=0&mv_size_name=3&qid=1530087556&sr=8-9

DN

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2867 on: Jun 27, 2018, 06:01 AM »
Vexilar VXW753-3 Cold Snap Tundra Bibs, Large - $114.96  The Vexilar msrp on these is $299.99, so definitely steal territory for the right buyer.  The matching parka goes for $179.99 on the Vexilar site.

https://www.amazon.com/Vexilar-VXW753-3-Cold-Tundra-Large/dp/B00AU5TH3G/ref=pd_ybh_a_35?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1FV14Z4V94YG9RB1NKR0

DN

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2868 on: Jun 27, 2018, 09:04 AM »
ABSOLUTE STEAL!!!!  Eskimo EVO 1 IT - I just bought this for a spare @ $176 and it actually DROPPED another $4 to $172.  Lowest price ever by about $17.  Regular price is $329.99  Act fast.  It won't stay this low for long, I promise! 

https://www.amazon.com/Eskimo-25501-Portable-Insulated-Shelter/dp/B01M7REPVQ/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Y8MQF7NCPGFGQP8GSJYZ

DN

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2869 on: Jun 27, 2018, 06:22 PM »
How about the black Shackleton for $46.87?  ;D  These run small, so if your regular shoe size is a 10, they will be very tight.  I wear a 9 and bought the 10s and the are still snug.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004YGRAX6/ref=olp_twister_child?ie=UTF8&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&mv_color_name=0&mv_size_name=3&qid=1530087556&sr=8-9

DN

I’m more of a 9 1/2 and usually go to a 10, sometimes and 11, so they would probably be a little too snug!

Offline buckslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2870 on: Jun 28, 2018, 07:23 AM »
Baffin Endurance boots - for you guys that have these, does the liner pack down a bit.  Bought the 14's, but they are still quite tight and too tight if that liner doesn't pack down some.  These are very big boots!  I might return them just on the case of bulk alone.  Wondering on those liners though.

Offline aquarium234

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2871 on: Jun 28, 2018, 09:09 AM »
They will pack down some i only wear thin socks with mine and my feet are toasty at -30 no need for thick socks with Baffin s my other boots i used electric foot warmers.....
Its all fun and games until someone loses a walleye.......

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2872 on: Jun 28, 2018, 09:15 AM »
Baffin Endurance boots - for you guys that have these, does the liner pack down a bit.  Bought the 14's, but they are still quite tight and too tight if that liner doesn't pack down some.  These are very big boots!  I might return them just on the case of bulk alone.  Wondering on those liners though.

Hey buckslayer.  I have a pair of the Shackletons.  All of the -148F Polar rated boots have the same thick, stiff liner.  They will compress some after some use, but don't count on anything major.  Karen at Baffin recommends wearing just the liners around inside the house to loosen them up.  I just started wearing the whole boots just to break them in.  They still feel snug when I put them on, but after wearing them a bit, they seem to relax.  (I did mention up above that they were very large boots.) lol  Karen also says not to wear cotton socks with them.  I actually wear a pair of my son's old soccer socks that are tall and thin.

DN

Offline buckslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2873 on: Jun 28, 2018, 12:01 PM »
Hey buckslayer.  I have a pair of the Shackletons.  All of the -148F Polar rated boots have the same thick, stiff liner.  They will compress some after some use, but don't count on anything major.  Karen at Baffin recommends wearing just the liners around inside the house to loosen them up.  I just started wearing the whole boots just to break them in.  They still feel snug when I put them on, but after wearing them a bit, they seem to relax.  (I did mention up above that they were very large boots.) lol  Karen also says not to wear cotton socks with them.  I actually wear a pair of my son's old soccer socks that are tall and thin.

DN

I bought them for my 6'3" son who typically wears a 12.5-13 shoe size.  Figured I couldn't go wrong on that deal, but I don't think they'll wear in enough to be comfortable for him.  My wife and daughter both wear Impacts, and I know those look bulky.  I was just surprised at how much more bulky this Endurance model is.  As someone who's coming from the traditional pack boot, I really don't care for all the bulk.  Maybe we'll look for a less bulky Baffin model.  Thanks, and keep posting the deals.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2874 on: Jun 28, 2018, 12:58 PM »

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2875 on: Jun 29, 2018, 06:40 AM »
They will pack down some i only wear thin socks with mine and my feet are toasty at -30 no need for thick socks with Baffin s my other boots i used electric foot warmers.....

Sometimes thicker socks are colder than thinner ones if you end up squeezing them in. Bear in mind that it's the air that provides the insul, so if you squeeze it all out you are worse off.
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2876 on: Jun 30, 2018, 12:33 PM »
Baffin trapper boots on eBay for $56!

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2877 on: Jun 30, 2018, 06:44 PM »
if you post a great deal like that, please provide a link. ebay is a big place.
.      Just type in "baffin trapper boots" in the eBay search box, they pop right up.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2878 on: Jul 01, 2018, 12:56 AM »
Your the man DN! I’m from Canada but going to be in Washington next week on vacation so am getting some stuff sent package holding facility.
If anyone sees a large insulated pop-up shelter let me know... been trying to find a Eskimo 9416i for quite a while without luck.

Also, some lighter weight boot (sz11) I use mucks right now which are great minus the comfiness when hiking and breathability. I’m in a bit of a bind cause want breathable but often end up fishing in slush which doesn’t mix well.

9416i Used Like New on Amazon $450 & free ship - https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00LDYNZ2M

DN

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2879 on: Jul 01, 2018, 06:46 AM »
if you post a great deal like that, please provide a link. ebay is a big place.
sorry bud! I'm not very tech savvy and to honest I don't know how!like smokey said type in that search on eBay and it comes right up!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.