Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1627120 times)

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #10590 on: Nov 20, 2017, 10:21 AM »
tt - good luck with the power co issue.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #10591 on: Nov 20, 2017, 05:56 PM »
Good Evening, Everybody

Sunny all day - Breezy, not like yesterday - Got to the hi 40's - Still felt a chill in the air

Mr. Clean - Were you any where near that cosmetic plant that had the problem today?

T.T. - Stay sharp with them, the power co's all think they set the rules, I've been hearing some grumbles about the people going solar this way, revenues off

Mrs. W.W. - Your making me fat with the cookies

W.S. - Do you have any venison in the freezer now?

I.F.F. - At least you can confirm that you caught them

Mason - How did the pour go?

H2L - Can you get another tag?

All we seem to get is rain where everybody else is seeing some snow, I'm not jealous thou, I still havn't pulled the snow blower out yet, will do that when we get back from
     Nashville

Be Safe - Stay Warm - Have Fun - Tight Lines or Straight Shots - Records & Limits - Good Eats - Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10592 on: Nov 20, 2017, 09:53 PM »
Good evening everyone ,busy day for area fire departments a local cosmetics factory around three miles from me had two explosions knew something big was up heard sirens most of afternoon. Close to 40 people injured (7 fire fighters in second explosion) none of injuries appear life threatening. One missing person has now been found dead inside factory. There was a shelter in place advisory for residents closer to fire also 2 local schools held students for extended hours. I did not realize this event made NYC television news until I saw Capt.Jim's post also my sister called a little after 10 PM to check on me. (Guessing Capt.Jim is at southern end of NYC stations broadcast area)
Wallyworld hope you did not have to do much shoveling and any snow was of the dry/light variety. I can relate to the to many toys cleaning out the house. ::) :whistle: Once again a big thank you to all and all the fellow F.D. ladies aux. for the work you do sure ladies from my local dept. had a busy day.
IFF did you get to check your boat battery and charger. I've been on both sides of the net man incident not a great feeling either way . good sign catching the almost legal walleyes shows the lake is doing well hope you made so notes on location of fish caught for ice fishing season.
Whopper Stopper sounds like area around you shack is prime deer habitat. Good luck if you get out Thanksgiving morning. How did the job/jobs with oaks go today.
Mr.Turkey all the best with hunting tower battle. I think that doe has seen you shoot a few of her relative from the tower appears very alert .Best to you this Sunday.
Eddie good to read you and your sons saw deer this weekend. Belated birthday wishes to your grandson he will be joining you all to soon on your hunting trips. Have you taken him ice fishing . Guess it is coming down to the wire with outside concrete work. Glad you only found 1 inch of snow nothing like waking up and finding several inches and you have to go to work.

Before I forget safe travels and a Happy Thanksgiving to all. After being open for many years my employer decide to close for Thanksgiving like many others In retail I worked my share of holidays over the years. Also did extended hours a couple times when coworkers called out from work or did not show up for shift. Great feelings calling home and saying make me a plate to eat got to work late.
Steve

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10593 on: Nov 20, 2017, 11:30 PM »
Good Late evening, As I am the only one in the department tomorrow and all of todays freight has already out on display, feel its going to be a boring day.  Still a few days the water whippers can find open water, and there is always the rivers to fish.  So may have some in for bait.. 

Steve not to concerned about the battery, I can jump it from any of the remaining 4 batteries that are on board.  May wait to put in a new one come ice off.

Tom  Van all fixed ?
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #10594 on: Nov 21, 2017, 02:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 25* this am with a high of 50 forecasted for today.

Bud..hope you your day goes well, how are the Icefishing sales looking for Black Friday...anything you can mention?
  Steve..wow, that sounds like it was one heck of a fire! Thoughts and prayers going out to all those injured and the family of the person who's life was taken.  Have taken my grandson out on the ice a few times here locally, nice weather days. Our last trip, we actually ordered pizza and had it delivered to the boat ramp...lol...he enjoyed that!   ;D
  Capt.J...the pour went pretty well yesterday. The winds had a bite to them and kept sending leaves all over the concrete, but aside from that, not too bad. How's work going on your end Sir?
  Tom..glad to hear the deer hunting has picked up in your area, best of luck on the next trip! Best wishes with the Power Company, hope things go your way!   :thumbsup:
  Wally..saw on the local news here 6-8" of snow fell out your way! Hope you didn't over do it with the shoveling! Today's weather should help getting rid of some of it...still pulling for Mr.WW, maybe today is the day!    :thumbsup:
   Marv..enjoy reading about those banner days from the stand, best of luck if hunting Thanksgiving Day! How are those rib muscles holding up from yesterday's job? Hope you and the crew have a safe day today Sir!    :thumbsup:

Some pretty slick spots on the drive in yesterday morning, but the closer I got to the City Of Albany, the less snow there was...barely a dusting there.
  Noticed the smell of gas when I got out of my truck. Couldn't see anything to speak of with my flashlight, but when I got back to it at day's end, found there was a leak going on. Made the drive home ok, but had a lot of gas leaking by then. My mechanic can't get me in until Monday, have another I'll speak to on my way home today...not going to tackle this one myself.
  Well, time to get running, 5am start again today and tomorrow....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10595 on: Nov 21, 2017, 03:30 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Sorry to hear about the gas leak Eddie :%$#!: Always has to be something going on to keep a person from being able to do fun things.

Yesterdays trees went well. Like I had said the boss didn't think we would finish in1 day. I had the trees down and the crew had them loaded by 10:45. When I called the boss he was sleeping. The first thing he said was that he figured it would go good and we would be done early ??? He allowed us to do 4 more jobs being we did so well on the first one :whistle: Can't wait for the season to end.

Capt Jim I have my bow buck in the freezer so I am fine on venison.

The winds are howling at over 20mph with gusts, making it feel like single digits. Supposedly today's job involves  taking down 2 cotton wood trees that are over hanging some power lines and a house. I have a feeling the boss will be mad again because this is not the day to spend in the bucket trying to wrestle the trees down. I am sure if I don't say something he won't either, but that's because of his ignorance. Yep I have a Grump on >:(

Best of luck if enjoying the "Great Outdoors" :thumbsup: Above all be safe!

WS

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10596 on: Nov 21, 2017, 05:22 AM »
Good Morning ER's 

Sorry about the wind Marv, there was a lot that went threw Colorado yesterday.  Hope you Don't mess with any power lines today

Eddie gas leaks are bad news, any idea of where it was coming from ?

On a trip from California back in the 50's remind's me of and a Brother, driving think it was a 1940 Packard he had bought and set out for Wisconsin, without even checking to see if it had a spare tire, no tools what ever, oh and it had a rod started knocking to which we would put in heaver oil,  had a flat in a station in Nebraska when getting gas, then upon arriving in our small home town, right at closing time at a small station he had worked at before being shipped out to Korea, checking the oil discovered gas leaking at the carb, and the gas line fell off in his hand.  What a trip  ::) ;D

Back to my pillow.
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10597 on: Nov 21, 2017, 06:01 AM »
Good Morning. 23 this morning but going to warm up to about 50 today.
Got help (daughter and BF) over the weekend to get the boat in the garage. Glad it fit, wife let me get in because I told her I wouldn't have to pay to have it stored. Could have gotten 4 inch bigger Lund....lol.
Capt. Jim, no doe tags in the Adirondacks. Bucks only. Unless you bow hunt or hunt with MZ. There is an early MZ season where I hunt, buck or doe, but didn't have any luck. There use to be a late season MZ but they stopped that because too many deer were being taken. It didn't bother me when they stopped it. Too many outsiders coming in and shooting everything they saw.
Everyone have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10598 on: Nov 21, 2017, 06:40 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....saw the cosmetic factory explosion on the news here last nite also  didn't realize how close you are to the site  :(  thoughts & prayers to all involved  :'(  glad to hear your employer decided against being open Thanksgiving  :thumbsup: having worked in both retail & corrections I too did my share of holidays, not much fun  :-\
Eddie....happy "humpday"  :roflmao: we got about 4" or so, most of it's pretty well settled already  :clap: better than rain at this time of year  ;)  good luck with the gas leak, prices are too high to have it running out on the ground  :wacko:
WS.... again I have to say YOUR BOSS IS A REAL JERK  :cookoo:  be safe around those power lines my friend  :flex:  I'm guessing you aren't looking for a spike type hair style  :nono:  :pinch: :woot:
IFF......sorry you're facing another boring one at work  :(   are you working Black Friday  ???  that should liven things up a bit  :woot:
CaptJ.....are you forgetting the fact that holiday cookies have no calories  ???  magic elf dust don't you know  ;)2 :woot:

Sunny & high in the low 50s for today  :blink:  good day to get outside & trim some bushes in front of the house  @)  MrWW is hunting this morning then will be headed home for a couple days to rest up  :roflmao:  back to camp Thanksgiving night

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10599 on: Nov 21, 2017, 07:47 AM »
ww You and all of your cookie baking reminds me so much of my mother. At Christmas she would give us a ton of cookies every year. My boys would go to her house after school but never caught her baking cookies as she did most of it at night. She not only made that amount for us she shipped cookies to where ever my brother was stationed in the Army. Even to Germany and two years in Nam. When out of country his family would get a bunch of cookies shipped to them also.

She always had Oreos in a cookie jar on the counter. They thought that they were sneaking some but she put them for them as she was a serious diabetic. All the youngest wanted when she passed was that cookie jar. His brother hid the cookie jar from him for a few days.

My son was hunting one of my blinds the other night. There were a few does and fawns fighting in one of the food plots just at dark. They started grunting. The next thing he heard was a deer running just out of sight from the blind. He could actually feel the ground shake. It must have been one of the 8 points that we had on camera earlier in  November. What ever it was it ran off all of the does and went chasing after them.

I had a long talk with the right away coordinator from the power company yesterday. After explaining to him where my blind was he did not have any problem with it being there. He could not see it on the aerials but I was able to explain where it set to him. I think I have talked to him before. He has always been  good to deal with.

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10600 on: Nov 21, 2017, 10:44 AM »
WW, yes working Black Friday, Think I see a power auger on the flyer @ $309.  For their door buster is some Sage fly rod combo's  Will see if I can update from store computer.

Tom  :thumbsup:

Have to hit the ditch in 15

Take care all.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10601 on: Nov 21, 2017, 01:53 PM »
Just dropping  in quick before heading off to work will reply to everyone posts later tonight. Latest update on the explosions/fire the person killed was identified as a 57 year old man from city of Newburgh. I was out earlier today did not smell any lingering smoke of burnt materials in the air sure D.E.C. is still monitoring the site. I watch NYC NBC news broadcast last night they stated Verla Intl. had been cited this past spring and paid fines for safety  violations one violation was for improper handling of flammable materials. below is a link to my daily newspaper Times Herald Record I think they have number of injured mix up with fire personal responding TV news had 33 to 37 injured with 120 fire personal responding.

www.recordonline.com

Have a gooday folks.
Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10602 on: Nov 22, 2017, 01:32 AM »
Good early morning folks busy first day back at work with shoppers getting their thanksgiving feast items sure today will be a mad house also at least it makes the day go by quickly.
Eddie nice to hear you have taken your grandson out on the ice a few times hopefully it will be sport he pursues for life. Crazy questions any special way you remove the leaves from wet concrete. May the gas leak be a simple inexpensive fix.
Whopper Stopper hope the lights went on in your boss's head and he found another job for you with less hazardous conditions.
Wallyworld glad the Lake Effect snows did not bury you under many inches. After being open for Thanksgiving from 1991 my employer decided to close for the day in 2015.
IFF good news about the battery . Hope things are not to crazy for you on Friday.
MR.Turkey great news about your tower stand may one of the 8 point bucks give you a clear shot on Sunday.
Hunts2long nice to hear boat fit into your garage .

Have a safe and good day folks best to all fishing and hunting.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10603 on: Nov 22, 2017, 02:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy and 30* on the Hill this am, high of 40 expected today...chance of some passing rain this morn.

Steve..thanks for the article and the update on the fire. I'm sure you'll be busy at work today, hope your patience holds out!! We always have a leaf blower handy, pick out as many leaves as possible by hand, some will get floated in..we call that " the Fall finish ".   ;D

Way behind this morning, don't mean to slight anyone...will reply back this afternoon.
  Cawfee's on....

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10604 on: Nov 22, 2017, 02:55 AM »
Good Morning mr.clean, Eddie! Good Morning Everyone  :bow:

14 in the bog with a high of 32 by days end.

Good luck heading back to work mr.clean :thumbsup: I am sure you are wondering where the week off went ??? hope you were able to get some rest and things accomplished on the house clean out.

Hump Day, last day of the week Eddie :thumbsup: Hope you and the crew have a good and safe day Sir!

An early start on this end also as we have some travel time getting to our first job. Yesterday went as I figured and I had one of the worst days in recent times fighting the elements. The home owner was thankful we came as I guess he had been wanting us there for some time ??? Not sure why he was put on the back burner but this was the 3erd time we were scheduled to be there as he needed the trees down for a late fall construction project.

It sounds like the end of the season is upon us and unless something crazy happens I could be done next week sometime.With all the BS going on at work it's probably just as well to get away from it.

Hope you all have an Excellent day no matter what's on the agenda. Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline quackpot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10605 on: Nov 22, 2017, 05:32 AM »
Good morning everyone I hope all of you have a great day. Getting ready to head to work. I enjoy seeing the temps you post but makes me jealous. 31 degrees this morning and getting up near 40. The local lake has a temp in the low 30's so it's getting closer. With the terrible conditions the last couple of years time on the ice was limited. Hopefully this year will be different. Good luck to any of you who are getting to fish and remember to post pictures.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10606 on: Nov 22, 2017, 05:43 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....the end is in sight, that's some good news  :thumbsup: :clap:  time to get switched over to semi-retired mode  :roflmao: :woot: bring on the ice  ;)

Eddie....look at that, it's Friday already  :o :clap: :roflmao:  hope your day passes quickly, enjoy the long weekend  :)

MrC....time does go by faster when you're too busy to pay attention to the clock  ;)2 hope the change back in sleeping hours hasn't been too bad  :-\

TT...thank you for the comparison to your Mom   :)  I have also had the chance to bake cookies that were shipped to the middle east during the holidays. It's not a big thing, but it sure feels good to do something tangible to say "thank you" to our service men & women.

IFF....great travel story  :thumbsup: :clap:  funny how simple life seems when your young   ;D

Got some pies to bake for dinner tomorrow  (big surprise I know  :o;D  Best wishes to all for a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Safe travels to anyone  doing the over the river & thru the woods thing  ;)  Enjoy your time with family/friends.  Stay safe.

Morning quack....welcome & have a good day at work !!

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #10607 on: Nov 22, 2017, 05:45 AM »
Good morning 945'rs!! 32° and cloudy. Sorry I haven't posted but all my posts would look the same work work work didn't want to bore u folks lol.though I haven't posted I have been checking in daily to keep up with the goings on with the 945 club. Seems as everyone is doing well.  As I type this I can hear a log truck making  a delivery in my wood yard.....more work lol. Things are good with me and the fam. Wife and I are still very busy with fall cleanups,shold be done with those by end of next week then have a few excavation profects and tree removal jobs then hopefully a little break before snow season. Hopefully can squeeze in some treestand time. We'll better get the day going. have a great day all

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #10608 on: Nov 22, 2017, 05:48 AM »

Good morning Steve, Eddie, Marv, ER's,
                       It's 35* and I can't see any stars out so it must be cloudy with showers in the forecast!
                       I'm sorry for not posting but I have been leaving early to hunt with my # 3 son, he and #2 are laid off till
                after Thanksgiving.
                      I have many stories from my hunting trip to Maine but I won't bore you with all of them. On the first day I was
                there we had 3" of snow which is always good to find if there are deer around. The other six guys on our trip hunted
                where they found deer last year, since I didn't go last year I went to one of my favorite spots from the year before. I
                found that they had logged the area and deer tracks were nowhere to be found. So I went to another spot, now it had
                stopped snowing and the wind was blowing a gale and the temperature had fallen to 12* so the wind chill was brutal!  :%$#!:
                I had forgotten my gloves so around 1pm I went back to camp to get them and found most of the crew there so I stayed.
                Day two I went back over to the area I started the day before but hunted farther west of the day before, I jumped a deer,
                and I didn't know what it was,  but it had a big track so I followed it. At one point I had stopped to get my bearings
                and the deer blew at me so off I went, the deer  got into a lot of other tracks and I lost which way it went. I was now
                about 3 mile deep in the woods and it took me a while to get back to my truck, then back to camp. the next day was
                Sunday and there is no hunting on Sundays. We get firewood for the next year and fix stuff in camp! Monday proved to
                be another cold day, I went back to where I saw that deer and I saw 3 Does and a Red Fox and I didn't bring my camera!
                No other deer was found, so I went to a spot that I hunted before, it's at the end of a old logging road, about a mile in
                and there is a skidder trail going up in the woods, there was a big track going up and down the trail, the trail is in a revenge
                and it makes a good place to ambush a deer if one travels down the trail. So I found a nice perch to sit on, I sat for about
                an hour almost dark, so I got up early the next morning and got in my perch before light and sat for about 2 hours, still a
                deer did not pass through. Now it's Wednesday and the rest of the crew finally found some deer near to where I jumped
                the deer earlier and so I joined them, I started about a mile from where they were and hunted toward them but I was
                too far east and missed the area so I went back to my perch for the last 2 hours of the day, with about an hour left I heard
                a shot below me down by where I parked my truck, I said to myself **censored** then about 3 minutes I heard another shot. So I
                ventured down and I found 2 bird hunters, they had shot two grouse! Oh I failed to mention there is great bird hunting
                in the North Maine Woods, so there are a lot of bird hunters driving the roads. I talked with them and they said they
                saw my tire tracks on the my road and decided to go in there, no one had used the road till I went in. Thursday turned
                out to be a windy snowy day, lightly snowing with little accumulation, we went back to the area they found deer, I hunted
                through and jumped a spike and it ran toward another in our crew, he shot at it but hit a branch and never hit the deer.
                Friday turned out to be another snowy day, heavy wet snow our last chance, we went back to the area we hunted the
                day before, everyone got on a track but the wind kept us from getting close to one. So about 10 am we were soaked
                and decided to head back to camp except for 2 guys, they decided to take a long loop back and found a track on a road
                and decided to follow it but lost the track in a swamp. They were walking back down the road to their truck and one
                happened to turn around and saw a deer walking toward them on the road. They took a shot the deer bolted off into
                the brush and followed it but there was no blood trail, all of a sudden a bigger deer, it must have been bedded down
                up and one guy shot it. It was the 8 pointer 216 lbs. End of our trip, I hope I did bore you all with this long winded report.
                        I hope everyone has a good Hump Day and if you're traveling to family for Thanksgiving, safe travels and Happy
                Thanksgiving.

IW

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10609 on: Nov 22, 2017, 07:10 AM »
Good Morning ER's
Not at all Jeff.  Still hunting brings out the hunter in you, I know.  Had one that I had got out of its bed, followed it all day, only to have it wrap me around a tree in a 10 acre clearing, by laying a track 3/4 way around it, moved down wind, from the tree, then laid down on a knob watching to see what was following its tracks, then duck into a tag alder swamp and run like crazy back to where it had bedded down that morning.  In all covering about 2.5 miles.  Most deer never travel that far in a day.

Toying with taking to the lake this morning, but  :unsure: better not press my luck with the honey-do-list maker. ::) :whistle: in favor of going Sunday.
maybe another cup of coffee for courage  ???

Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10610 on: Nov 22, 2017, 07:49 AM »
IW Thanks for the report. It sounds like you hunt the same way I used to. STILL HUNT!. I would get dropped off 3 miles from home and spend 5 or 6 hours working my way home. In one area I used to be able to hunt it was all glacial moraines with holes that had almost straight up and down hills with a few acres of flat ground in the bottom. If you knew the ground you could work you way around the tops and never have to climb a hill. I was able to kill three deer in their beds laying on the side hills out of the wind. I sure miss being able to hunt that way any more. So much of that land has been sold off and split up it is impossible to hunt like that around here any more.

I just set the wild turkey out to make sure it is thawed out. I always roast it the day before Thanksgiving to allow for more room in the oven on Thanksgiving. It is put in a casserole after carving and some of the juice out of the bag is put on it to keep it moist. The wild turkey is heavier than the domestic one we bought. It only sounds like we are having a dozen for dinner tomorrow. We have had around 20 years ago.

I got a call from the field man for the power line company yesterday. Boy did he ever have ownerships of our 40 acres screwed up. He had left a note on my sons door the other day to Tom and Ruth Ann with the right last name. I had a hard time getting to understand that those two had not connection to us. That Tom is one of four of us Tom's with the same last name. I will be meeting him Monday morning after I hunt my morning sit. He did say he saw one of the big 8 points heading on to our property the other day. :)

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10611 on: Nov 22, 2017, 09:27 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to the gang. Well I guess I 've got to hunt the Pa. gun opener on Monday. My son tagged out in Pa. and Ohio and I got a buck in Ohio(all archery). I can't decide on which rifle to use 308,270,243, or my 7/30 waters. So I made it more complicated and bought a new one.lol I drove to Cabelas in WV and got a 6.5 Creedmoor. I've got to go to the range and sight it in,I've hear tremendous things about this gun. If all goes well ,I'm sure i take it out the first day. I picked up a fresh turkey from my  farmer buddy in Ohio,I told him I wanted a small hen,,well I got a hen but it weighed 23 lbs. lol  I guess will have plenty of leftovers. Good luck to all the hunters and be safe.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10612 on: Nov 22, 2017, 09:47 AM »
Good Morning ER's nice reports by all today. Happy Thanksgiving and through the weekend.

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10613 on: Nov 22, 2017, 03:05 PM »
Capt54, nothing wrong with any of those, so long as you hit em   ;D

Today, One of the darkest days of my life.  The other was December 7th

Enjoy a very good Thanks Giving Day All.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10614 on: Nov 23, 2017, 03:15 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Wishing all the 9:45'ers and everyone one on this great site a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!   :bow: :thumbsup:

28* to start the morning off, high of 37 expected today here in the Hilltowns.
  Tried making a post last evening and my computer froze up again. Crossing fingers this one goes through, these computer issues sure can be frustrating!

Bud..they claim words of sympathy can be very difficult to write for some, believe there is a lot of truth in that. I offer you my Sincere Condolences Sir and hope today brings you happiness.
  Really enjoyed that story you shared about the California road trip with your brother, almost fealt like I was along for the ride! Thanks for sharing that.... :thumbsup:
  Capt.54...had to look up the 7/30 Waters, wasn't familiar with that one. Best of luck on Monday, hope the new gun brings you luck!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...keep those hunting stories coming, good stuff!!   :clap:
  Jeff...great story and recap of your trip! Sounds like you had a lot of obstacles to get past! Glad to read you've been getting some hunting in with your sons, excellent! Good luck this morning if heading out.... :thumbsup:
  MW...welcome back and continued success with the business! Hope you and your wife can get some hunting time in before the close of the season, best of luck!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...yesterday couldn't end quick enough, lol. Hope the pies turned out perfectly, I'm certain they did!! Best of luck to Mr.WW!   :thumbsup:
  Quackpot...welcome aboard, looking forward to your posts..great group of people here!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...sounds like you had a rough few days! Hope the season ends soon for you. Best of luck today if heading to the shack...hope you see what you're looking for!   :thumbsup:

My boys are hunting together today and my long time partner and I will be making our traditional hunt together.
Kind of pressed on time at the moment, have to get my gear together and get a turkey ready before heading out.
  Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, safe travels, and a wonderful day...cawfee's on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #10615 on: Nov 23, 2017, 04:19 AM »

Good Morning Eddie, ER's,
                     It's 21* here on my hill on this Thanksgiving Day!
                     First I want to wish everyone on the 9:45 a Happy Thanksgiving, i'm sure when Raquettdacker started this great
             thread that it would take off the way it has, and I give a special thanks to him for doing so! :thumbsup: :clap:
                    Eddie.......I'm heading out for a couple hours in a little while then to dinner at #2's in-laws.
                    Marv........It's almost time for your winter lay off, hang in there till then!
                    Tom.........Love the story!
                    Quackpot.....You've joined in on a great thread, welcome!
                    I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving even if you have to work or you are enjoying the day off!

IW

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10616 on: Nov 23, 2017, 04:58 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Good luck hunters!  Well, I made two batches of jerky so far (20 lbs. raw weight) and will be doing another before I’m all done.  Dinner at Mom’s today at the farm.  May shoot my .270 a few times just to make sure it’s still on.  Saw lots of buck sign when i was brush cutting, so I’m optimistic and excited for opening day Monday.   Enjoy your time with family and friends today. :)

Mark
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10617 on: Nov 23, 2017, 04:59 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Happy Thanksgiving to all the 9:45 followers :thumbsup:

Bud Hope things are brighter today. I believe there will be many thoughts and good wishes heading your way from the 9:45 Sir :thumbsup:

Best of luck in the woods today Eddie, although your day will probably be less about hunting and more about remembering past years with a very good friend :clap: May this day bring with it more good memories to share in years to come!

Hope you are getting some rest IW. Today is a day for the couch and some football :thumbsup:

Wally hope you and Mr Wally have an excellent dinner and may the pies last until dessert. I think if they were here there would already be pieces missing ;)2

I had been toying with the idea of a run to the shack for one more sit in the deer stand. Unfortunately snow fell yesterday afternoon up there and word is the roads have a good coating of ice on them. The wife asked me to not go as she was afraid of my ride up there. I guess I will just call it a deer season and hang out at home today. Ice fishing is right around the corner and she will have enough to worry about with that.

Safe travels, Good luck, and may the day be stress free! Stay safe everyone!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10618 on: Nov 23, 2017, 05:26 AM »
Morning all.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone & thank you to all the service men/women, law enforcement men/women & first responders on the job today keeping us safe  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow: :flex:

IFF....my thoughts & prayers are with you my friend  :)  may your day be peaceful & relaxing
Eddie/IW.....best of luck in the woods this morning  :thumbsup:  hope you both get the shot of a life time  ;D
WS....sorry to hear your plans for hunting today got squashed (pun intended  ;D ) very thoughtful of you to honor MrsWS request  :bow: it's never easy to get a dessert where it's going in one piece  :roflmao: :woot:
DN....that's a LOT of jerky  :o :o how are the hands holding up  ???  good luck Monday  :thumbsup:  give your Mom a hug for me today please  ;)
MrC.....heading to your sister's today  ???  enjoy the day off

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving whatever your plans. Cherish the time with family & friends. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10619 on: Nov 23, 2017, 05:33 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving. 24 degrees this morning. Got my deer in the freezer yesterday. Took a whole loin and some burger up to my brother for helping me get it out of the woods.
Wife made 3 pies yesterday and if I took a piece early, I would be in the freezer.
Good luck to all those hunting. Always enjoyed the Thanksgiving morning hunt with the old gang. Having filled my tag already I will just take a ride up to the woods and see who is out this morning.
First I have some dishes to do. I am sure there will be more before the day is done.
Have a good one...h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.