Author Topic: Toddler snow suit and boots  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
Toddler snow suit and boots
« on: Sep 14, 2018, 10:50 AM »
Any recommendations for a toddler (2 year old) snow suit or boots? It seems to be hard to find a suit that's warm and not bulky and boots that fit snug and don't fall off.
Da Pack!

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
Re: Toddler snow suit and boots
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2018, 11:16 AM »
Take a shanty, as very hard to find anything at all, let alone warm.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2018, 12:29 PM »
Take a shanty, as very hard to find anything at all, let alone warm.

X2 

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 14, 2018, 12:34 PM »
I have a hub with a foam floor which he'll be able to hang out in with a sweatshirt and pants, but I still want something to get him outside. Sitting in a shack is no fun for me or him.
Da Pack!

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 14, 2018, 12:41 PM »
Good luck with running around, with all the old holes ect, little feet always find them. Went thru it with my kids, they don’t make warm stuff for little kids to be outside for more than 15 min or so (recess)

Offline PazzoCorso

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Sep 14, 2018, 01:04 PM »
I've used their  fleece "footsie" PJ's as a union suit. Only problem is most have ears or some *$*$ sewn onto the feet. Seems to keep them comfortable. Kamik boots seem to work for mine also. Bring a change of clothes or 2 just in case

Offline Lamar84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Sep 15, 2018, 07:55 AM »
Check out the bogs snowboots for kids. They worked great for keeping my daughter warm. The snow suits I pieced together. Problem is they grow so fast you don’t want to drop a lot of money on tiny pants they only wear for one season. I would check second hand shops. Some rich grandma probably dropped some money on some tiney Patagonia pants

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Sep 15, 2018, 09:34 AM »
Check out the bogs snowboots for kids. They worked great for keeping my daughter warm. The snow suits I pieced together. Problem is they grow so fast you don’t want to drop a lot of money on tiny pants they only wear for one season. I would check second hand shops. Some rich grandma probably dropped some money on some tiney Patagonia pants

I saw those bog snowboots and was wondering about them. Might give them a try, reasonably priced. Yeah I know north face and a couple other companies make a nice one-piece snow suit that looks like it would work good, but there's no way I'm dropping >$100 on a suit he will only fit in for one season... Thanks for the suggestion!
Da Pack!

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8 on: Sep 15, 2018, 09:37 AM »
Junkie4life go to Ice Fishing safety forum a few threads on ice cleats for young children and how to keep them comfortable and safe may be some information of use to you. This is just my humble opinion and suggestions. You will probably want to keep any outings short since your son's interest will wander. Bring favorite snacks and drinks, buy cheap toys to bring don't want to loose a favorite toy down a hole. Ditto on the spare clothes. Plan to spend more time watching and keeping your son interested/entertained then actually fishing.
Have a great hard water season ,may your son develop a love for ice fishing.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.