The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Keeler Bay Report  (Read 746 times)

Offline lingcod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Keeler Bay Report
« on: Mar 19, 2017, 01:01 PM »
Just got home from Keeler Bay, @ Lavigne Rd. Ice was betwwen 10 - 16",(my ice scoop has a ruler) out to about 250+ yards. Snow not bad at all, its settled down pretty well. Fishing was way slow (even by my standards). Had one tip up go off & jigged about 2 dozen bluegill & perch. I can see why the guys fishing there yesterday didn't return, spent a beautiful 4 hours, had the bay to myself.

Offline perch bait

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lil' Crayfish
Re: Keeler Bay Report
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2017, 01:31 PM »
While there may be a good a mount of ice off of lavigne road, there were several patches of open water further out (One off of the point) and at the end of the cattails that surround the mouth of the creek. Saw a huge flock of geese swimming around in that pocket just yesterday. Just letting you and others know in case anyone decides to head back out there. Be safe and drill as you go if you venture away from the area just off the end of Lavigne. Sounds like you did better than my Dad and I on Carry yesterday!
Perch bait- a small minnow that can have big results in the ice fishing game.  :icefish:
My Blog: https://jacobcrawford8.wixsite.com/pboutdooradventure

Offline lingcod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Keeler Bay Report
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2017, 02:49 PM »
Thanks, PB; I only fished straight out from the launch. Saw open water in distance, shore seemed locked up. Safe fishing to all.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.