The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Crooked and Burt Lks  (Read 1842 times)

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
Crooked and Burt Lks
« on: Feb 14, 2008, 10:13 AM »
 Heading to Petoskey this weekend and hope to fish Burt and Crooked.  Are they doing any good on Maple Bay on Burt?  Also is there slush on the ice?

Offline khaaxma

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Crooked and Burt Lks
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2008, 10:44 AM »
We fished Burt Lake last Friday and Saturday before the big winds. There was about 5' or 6" of wet snow, but  it wasn't too bad. Did not fish Maple Bay, so I can't tell you how the fishing was there. Where we fished, we caught some nice perch and a few walleyes, but not everyone had equal success. There is plenty of fish in the lake, but getting them to bite is another story!
I am blessed to live in an area where the fishing is great and the people are nice!

Offline jjmoser

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • give me cold temps and I'll keep em comming
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2008, 11:28 AM »
I have been hearing good things about the perch in Burt lake.  10" average and 13-15"ers not uncommon with a chance of a walleye.  Is this true?

Offline khaaxma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2008, 01:37 PM »
It is true!
I am blessed to live in an area where the fishing is great and the people are nice!

Offline craig mack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2008, 02:18 PM »
I have been hearing good things about the perch in Burt lake.  10" average and 13-15"ers not uncommon with a chance of a walleye.  Is this true?
Very true

Offline drolrevo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2008, 05:51 PM »
fished maple bay and guys were running for many flags especially in the morning.. We got 2 nice 20+ brown trout, a pike, and some nice perch. other guys around us got some walleye, browns, and perch.

Offline fishinfool96

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Oh yeah!!!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2008, 10:26 PM »
In another post I said I would check out Burt lake but I never got a chance. Sorry. :( I really doubt that their is any slush, matter of a fact I wouldn't be suprised to see auto's on Burt. It has been very cold here for quite some time. We haven't gotten much snow (couple of inches) since last saturday night but the wind was 50 mph so I can't say how much stayed on the lake. I really wish I could get out there and try my luck. Hopefully saturday morning and afternoon on crooked then maybe burt all day on sunday. My fingers are crossed. As far as Burt Lake perch, it has always had very nice perch, but at 17,000 acres and mostly 40ft deep they can be hard to find and to get to bite. If you've ever been around Burt during mayfly hatch you'll know why it is hard to get them to open their mouths.

Offline khaaxma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2008, 08:40 PM »
Last weekend the perch on Burt Lake were gorging on wigglers. It was amazing to see them still go after our jigs when they already had a mouthful of wigglers.

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2008, 01:33 AM »
Even thought I live in Alaska now I really miss the hard water fishing on Burt.  :tipup:
Bob

Offline superslabs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 03, 2008, 07:59 PM »
Headed over to burt with my dad. Is it worth my time?
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.