Author Topic: Bellamy  (Read 883 times)

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
Bellamy
« on: Dec 22, 2007, 04:48 PM »
Got some more Crappie and pics with another decent bass. Ol'Rustyboy and myself. It was a tough walk out but not as bad as you'd think. Only real deep water was on the way in where a couple of atv's had run around the ramp area crushing down the snow leaving just the water.

Gonna hit cobbetts in the am. I'll let you know how much ice we find.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Bellamy
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2007, 06:09 PM »
Hey Spike...I'll also be out on Cobbetts tomorrow morning.  Look for 3 guys (two BIG, one not so big) with a yellow sled and a portable ice hut.  Come on over and say hello.

Steve H.

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2007, 07:11 PM »
HAd to cancel my burner died tonight and I'm not sure it will get fixed tonight so we bailed. Good luck and let us know what the conditions are. We fish off my inlaws camp on the north end, not even sure I can get in the driveway without shoveling, lol.

Spike
gallery

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2007, 05:26 PM »
I forgot to mention that I brought my camera to the Bellamy and couldn't see squat. Not even the bottom!. The only other place I brought the camera with the same results was Kingston lake in about 15-30' of water. It was very dark with a scum ridden bottom. I did see some jelly like scum in Kingston on the bottom. The Bellamy in 20' of water I saw nada not even scum. I turned the lights on and could see silt swirling around but that was it. I did down view and dropped down on my buddies jig and saw that clearly but never saw any fish no bottom nothing. Anyone else have similiar experiences with the cameras? I have a select list of lakes that I bring the camera to. They are all clear water lakes. As for the murky muddy waters I leave the extra weight at home. I guess the Bellamy falls into the murkey muddy water category.

Spike
gallery

Offline Wakefieldfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2007, 06:10 PM »
 Fished Bellamy 10:00 - 3:00, 25+ fish. Mix of crappie and blue gills. Not doing as well as last year, but I'm to lazy to venture far from the ramp in the slush.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.