New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Otsego B.S. 2015  (Read 22220 times)

Offline broken ice

• IceShanty Rookie
otsego lake
« Reply #210 on: Mar 02, 2015, 08:33 AM »
 >:(was out on 3 mile yesterday conditions were horrible whatever its fishing i was actually more aggravated by the amount of garbage blatantly left in the parking lot and on the ice if you take it out there bring it back I saw someone leave yesterday and there is a redbull box laying there and the cans were left on the ice dude yoy

Offline TIP DOWN!

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Otsego B.S. 2015
« Reply #211 on: Mar 02, 2015, 07:22 PM »
I have taught my two young boys to clean up other peoples crap. We always bring a garbage bag with us on every trip we take, and pick an area before we leave. If everyone did this it would help to make up for the slobs that have no respect for fishing access areas. They have also learned not to be afraid to approach people they see littering. Probably pretty humbling to have my 7 yr old make you aware of your bad habits.

Offline davise6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #212 on: Mar 03, 2015, 09:47 AM »
Box of red bull in the lot this morning. I'm the only one at 3 mile now. 1 for 3 on lakers. Good to get out before my class at one at the field station

Offline stringer01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #213 on: Mar 08, 2015, 07:57 PM »
Did they change the rules again took a ride stopped by glimmerglass today two guys thirteen tip ups unless i missed something you might want to rethink that the eco in that area is a good guy but he takes his job serious and i know his binocs are better than mine

Offline bfelins

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #214 on: Mar 08, 2015, 09:06 PM »
Any idea how much snow cover out from GG?
Thanks

Offline Bonecollector2727

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #215 on: Mar 20, 2015, 07:58 AM »
Anyone been out lately?

Offline knowledge

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #216 on: Mar 26, 2015, 07:42 PM »
Planning to go out from GG on Saturday.  Bringing my daughter for her first time on hard water while meeting up with a few other friends.

Offline fishslapped

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #217 on: Mar 27, 2015, 05:13 PM »
Headed out for one last romp on the ice sunday!!

Offline bfelins

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #218 on: Mar 30, 2015, 07:31 AM »
How did you do?

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #219 on: Mar 30, 2015, 08:27 AM »
How did you do?

They got there an hour late  :o

It was an all out bite for the first couple of hours then the switch flipped completely and it was dead.

Lots of ice and no issues with shoreline  ;)
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline fishslapped

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #220 on: Mar 30, 2015, 05:23 PM »
They got there an hour late  :o

It was an all out bite for the first couple of hours then the switch flipped completely and it was dead.

Lots of ice and no issues with shoreline  ;)

That we did, we got into a few more after you left Ship, beautiful day out there!!! pretty sure that was my last trek out there this ice season. Was a pretty good one Hopefully they will be a little bigger next year!! Not holding my breath!! ;D ;D Tight lines- Nick

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #221 on: Mar 31, 2015, 06:53 AM »
That we did, we got into a few more after you left Ship, beautiful day out there!!! pretty sure that was my last trek out there this ice season. Was a pretty good one Hopefully they will be a little bigger next year!! Not holding my breath!! ;D ;D Tight lines- Nick

Glad to hear you got a few more.

March 29th on the ice .....  on 17 inches of ice no less .... gotta love it.

Although i am ready for some big cow stripers  ;D    ...     about a month or so until they get here!

Offline adksguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #222 on: Mar 31, 2015, 07:06 AM »
Glad to hear you got on em fishslapped it was good meeting u couldn't beat the weather
good ice, good buds, and good times that's what it's all about!!

Offline fishslapped

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #223 on: Mar 31, 2015, 04:44 PM »
Glad to hear you got on em fishslapped it was good meeting u couldn't beat the weather

Same here Buddy, did you have any luck after we talked? had a little chat with a couple guys in the parking lot when we were leaving showed me a pick of a slammer laker caught in the last few weeks, There still some swimming around!!!!

Offline fishslapped

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #224 on: Mar 31, 2015, 04:47 PM »
Glad to hear you got a few more.

March 29th on the ice .....  on 17 inches of ice no less .... gotta love it.

Although i am ready for some big cow stripers  ;D    ...     about a month or so until they get here!

Hey ship hope you had a good birthday Cheers!!!!! def want to get up there for some Hudson bass action I got your number!!!

Offline fishslapped

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #225 on: Mar 31, 2015, 05:24 PM »
A little recap on this years ice season on Otsego always a blast!! We can only hope they will get bigger again like we had in the years past!!!!

Im a Big fan of pictures so please post some of your catches from this year!!!!

Offline FishReaper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When hell freezes over, I will ice fish there too!
« Reply #226 on: Apr 01, 2015, 07:57 PM »
So, being in Syracuse, I switched this year from fishing lakers at Otsego, and started going crazy over at Keuka Lake. Wowwwwwww, I am super amazed at how emaciated those lakers look compared to the ones we have caught all winter! I knew they were skinny but.... quite honestly, I am shocked at how poor their condition is. Everyone knew alewife were low, but... damn.... those fish are in serious trouble.

Offline FishReaper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When hell freezes over, I will ice fish there too!
« Reply #227 on: Apr 01, 2015, 08:00 PM »
Sorry, that last message sounded like a real downer! Didn't mean it that way, glad you guys got into some good fish! I'm just worried about the fish... hope the alewife rebound

Offline fishslapped

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #228 on: Apr 01, 2015, 08:24 PM »
Sorry, that last message sounded like a real downer! Didn't mean it that way, glad you guys got into some good fish! I'm just worried about the fish... hope the alewife rebound

Yeah They might not look the healthiest we can only hope the lake will right its self!! Yeah the ice fishing on keuka looked pretty sick this year wish I could of got out there, prob only going to be another decade before that happens again  ;D so I guess I will have to go back to otsego next season and see if they got any fatter!!  ;D ;D ;)

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #229 on: Apr 03, 2015, 09:49 AM »

That post falls into the category of "don't shoot the messenger" because you are dead right but obviously you had nothing to do with it.

A lot of the smaller fish we caught seemed more normally proportioned.

Anyone been by glimmerglass??  any chance at one last shot tomorrow?? 

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #230 on: Apr 03, 2015, 12:20 PM »
Great fish guys, but Yikes!!   those fish are doing so poorly. :sick:   I sure hope everyone is keeping at least one per day.   the lake clearly just can't support the lakers it has right now.    I can't even begin to imagine how aggressive they must be.   

Offline fishslapped

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #231 on: Apr 03, 2015, 02:39 PM »
Great fish guys, but Yikes!!   those fish are doing so poorly. :sick:   I sure hope everyone is keeping at least one per day.   the lake clearly just can't support the lakers it has right now.    I can't even begin to imagine how aggressive they must be.

There is no denying it those fish are hungry atleast the bigger ones. like ship said alot of the younger fish seem to be where they need to be, not to say I didnt catch small snakes but they seem to have figured out what to eat.  My opinion on the older age class that were catching, that are all head! there dead fish swimming. They will not figure out to change there game plan on feeding, Im just a bucket biologist as were called on here fueled by what iv seen and my own opinions, I hope the smelt and ciscos can recover in there!! I did see some really nice fish come out of the lake this winter not on my lines, but some nice double digit fish !!! guess will have to see what or if next year will bring!!! im in it for the love of fishing, the worst beats my best day workin!!! Tight lines- Nick

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #232 on: Apr 03, 2015, 03:28 PM »
nick, in no way was I taking a shot at your fish, you guys got some nice really ones. And the lake IS most certainly producing big fish, for those who are willing to fish tipups up shallow :pinch:.   and you are right, the ciscoes and smelt will come back...they are already making a slight comeback.  I've already lamented enough about the past of this lake on here, i really should have kept my mouth shut.     Again, nice fish!!

Offline fishslapped

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #233 on: Apr 03, 2015, 03:56 PM »
nick, in no way was I taking a shot at your fish, you guys got some nice really ones. And the lake IS most certainly producing big fish, for those who are willing to fish tipups up shallow :pinch:.   and you are right, the ciscoes and smelt will come back...they are already making a slight comeback.  I've already lamented enough about the past of this lake on here, i really should have kept my mouth shut.     Again, nice fish!!

Hey  Red  I took no offense to your comment  what so ever I was just putting my own opinion in im pretty sure you and I are on the same page about the state of otsego would like to hit the the ice with you some day!! ;D ;D about to hit the road and switch gears for some chrome this weekend Cheers - Nick

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.