New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: owasco lake bs thread  (Read 20549 times)

Offline mwajac

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Owasco Lake
« Reply #90 on: Feb 09, 2014, 05:18 AM »
Does anybody know what time Casey's bait shop is open in Auburn on Sunday?

9:00 am but said he would open earlier for bait if you called him to let him know you would be there.  Talked to him yesterday. (315) 515-1618

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #91 on: Feb 09, 2014, 12:11 PM »
Coming out Saturday with a buddy to try and ice our first Lakers. Will be off ensenore. Hoping to get a couple :)

Offline mfox13760

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hard Water Fox
« Reply #92 on: Feb 09, 2014, 02:26 PM »
went after the lakers today  :P only 2 this time not like last week when we landed 14 nice one. a ton of ppl out there must be cleaning the lake out  ;D good there is a crap load of lakers in there. hoping to hit skinny next week the southend any tips thanx
HARD WATER FOX

Offline jerrywwx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #93 on: Feb 11, 2014, 10:49 AM »
This weekend is my first chance to go to the north end. I'm almost a senior with lots of will but the brawn is getting sketchy. Have I got a chance to pull my shelter in this snow or should I find a shorter pull? How many inches of snow should I expect? Is it slick and need creepers? Thanks for any help anyone can proved.  :-\

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
owasco lake bs thread
« Reply #94 on: Feb 12, 2014, 11:45 AM »
Lets chit chat in here

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: owasco lake bs thread
« Reply #95 on: Feb 12, 2014, 11:55 AM »
Lets keep reports and conditions board open for for that..so I made this thread for all general chat and questions or for what ever....
 ;D

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #96 on: Feb 12, 2014, 11:57 AM »
better do this in your state board

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline IRISH56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Feb 12, 2014, 12:55 PM »
Sunday there was appx. 4" to 6" of snow and the ice is slick.  There may be some trails to pull on but once you get away from those it will be a tough drag.  Creepers will help immensely.

Good luck.

DAN

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Feb 12, 2014, 01:35 PM »
Maybe this one will work not sure

Offline festus

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice is Nice
« Reply #99 on: Feb 12, 2014, 02:03 PM »
I've seen a number of people mention fishing off of Buck Point, Burtis Point, and Martin Point.  Are those areas publicly accessible or are they private access only?  If public, from where do you access?  The only times I have fished Owasco have been out of the south end but I'd like to try a different area.  I don't have a 4-wheeler or snowmobile so access would be strictly a hand drag.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!

Offline BAZOOKAJOE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #100 on: Feb 12, 2014, 02:21 PM »
I know there's a small boat launch on the northwest side of the lake.

Offline loneranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Feb 12, 2014, 05:27 PM »
^
Missoula fish are you on your way out here to the finger lakes want to fish with me I don't gaff lol  sorted thru bout 65 perch today and kept 14 over 10 inches but no pike or trout

Offline IronBoots

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #102 on: Feb 13, 2014, 09:35 AM »
Planning to get onto Owasco for the first time either this Saturday or Sunday. Hoping to hit some togue but it sounds like they are out pretty deep. DEC site only mentions Emerson Park for public access, but that looks like more than a mile walk to get to the deep stuff. Any other access points that would shorten up the walk?

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Owasco lake
« Reply #103 on: Feb 13, 2014, 10:19 AM »
Pike also on the northend. along with the walleye I got 2 nice eyes last week just past the bouts line in 28 fow .and welcome to ice shanty..bigal ill be heading to the dead sea in a few weeks

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Owasco lake
« Reply #104 on: Feb 13, 2014, 11:33 AM »
The dead sea pretty much lived up to it's name for the crappie derby. Hope you do better that I did.  >:( >:(

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #105 on: Feb 13, 2014, 11:36 AM »
If you are looking for the deep water, you can access it at public boat launch at Ensinore. Short walk out and your in deep water.  @)

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #106 on: Feb 13, 2014, 09:39 PM »
Getting pretty excited for Saturday. First time at Owasco and first time chasing Lakers. Is the parking at ensinore on the side of the road or is there a parking lot? I looked on Google maps and couldn't see anything other than the campground.

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #107 on: Feb 14, 2014, 08:52 AM »
Getting pretty excited for Saturday. First time at Owasco and first time chasing Lakers. Is the parking at ensinore on the side of the road or is there a parking lot? I looked on Google maps and couldn't see anything other than the campground.
You drive down Ensinore Road to the lake. Boat launch is right there and you  park on the side of the road.  I never saw a campground there. There are mostly camps there but it looks like some people live there year round. I've only fished it a few times but this is what I've seen when I was there. good luck.  ::) ::) :tipup:

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #108 on: Feb 14, 2014, 11:50 AM »
Owasco get hit with snow like Oneida did? I just about died trying to walk back in.

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #109 on: Feb 14, 2014, 11:50 AM »
You drive down Ensinore Road to the lake. Boat launch is right there and you  park on the side of the road.  I never saw a campground there. There are mostly camps there but it looks like some people live there year round. I've only fished it a few times but this is what I've seen when I was there. good luck.  ::) ::) :tipup:

Ah thanks  ;D

Offline Larry D

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #110 on: Feb 14, 2014, 04:24 PM »
Unlike Oneida you only have to walk about 100 yards or less on Owasco to be in deep water. You don't need to go that deep for the lakers. Don't forget Owasco has some nice browns in it.

Offline loneranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #111 on: Feb 14, 2014, 07:52 PM »
Loneranger, I am on my way;)
ok Missoulafish im getting bait

Offline loneranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #112 on: Feb 14, 2014, 07:56 PM »
Unlike Oneida you only have to walk about 100 yards or less on Owasco to be in deep water. You don't need to go that deep for the lakers. Don't forget Owasco has some nice browns in it.
O yea there are some nice browns in there 6 years ago I got one was 33.5 inches and 13.51 pounds on a perch tip up  that was a surprise

Offline stingdave9119

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #113 on: Feb 15, 2014, 12:43 AM »
with all this snow will the laker grounds be good still on sunday or monday. I got a day or 2 to fish by myself and dont want to overkill my self walking through the deep snow for half mile both ways on oneida.

Offline IronBoots

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #114 on: Feb 15, 2014, 02:52 AM »
What's the best bait shop near Ensinore?

Offline meek48

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #115 on: Feb 15, 2014, 06:35 AM »
never fished for lakers on tip ups what is your favorite bait for them and there the ones you only put the bait 1-2 foot below the ice right?

Offline loneranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #116 on: Feb 15, 2014, 07:38 AM »
What's the best bait shop near Ensinore?
into Moravia heading north on rt.38 turn left at the liquor store just past the high school and there is a mom and pop store called johns grocery opens at 8;00am

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #117 on: Feb 15, 2014, 03:52 PM »
One eye.is all I got all day bigal...only hit all day on a tipdown...north end of owasco issue producingg some nice Jack perch rite now jig head tipped with fathead...20 fow

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #118 on: Feb 15, 2014, 05:29 PM »
One eye.is all I got all day bigal...only hit all day on a tipdown...north end of owasco issue producingg some nice Jack perch rite now jig head tipped with fathead...20 fow
That's not too good is it? We were hoping on hitting Ensinore first thing Sunday morning but may be out of luck getting our shiner minnows.  Our usual bait store near my home is out. Saw they have a bait store in Moravia. Anyone know if they carry them and I see they open at 8. Wonder if that's Sunday AM as well?

Offline loneranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #119 on: Feb 15, 2014, 06:23 PM »
I'm not sure what time on Sunday  they usually do have perch minnows shinners and pike bait a small bit of tackle good luck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.