Author Topic: Otter XT Cottage question  (Read 621 times)

Offline OHice

• IceShanty Rookie
Otter XT Cottage question
« on: Jan 13, 2024, 10:06 AM »
Those who have removed the bench, can you get 2 fold up chairs in it still? Unfortunately I don’t have anywhere close to check these out and get an idea on seating options. I’ve read several comments on guys removing the bench to save on weight….do the benches weigh that much?

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Otter XT Cottage question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2024, 04:56 PM »
I have a pro xt cottage so I can't really speak to replacing the bench (I like the pro seat) but it would be pretty darn snug fitting 2 guys in there.  It's perfect for me alone but I'm a big guy. You might be able to fit two small tripod chairs in one but I'd feel like a sardine with another person in mine...no matter the seating arrangement. I'm probably just getting old, a little ornery and like my personal space too much.

Offline OHice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2024, 06:46 PM »
Thanks for the info

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2024, 07:26 AM »
What size is the tub/sled ...you should be able to get a Full Back Directors chair in there or a Swivel hunting chair. Either of these would be my recommendation. Most benches have a lot of steel ...that weight adds up quickly.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline OHice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2024, 07:14 PM »
I put a bucket and a small camp chair in to test, it will be tight but doable. Also put quick pins on the bench hinges so I can remove when I’m going solo.

Offline MnPucker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2024, 03:04 PM »
Hello I am considering purchasing a cabin or cottage.  My concern is that it won’t fit under my tonneau.  I will have to take the seat or bench out in order to make it work.  Does anyone know the packed height of either model excluding the seat or bench height?  I called otter and dealers and none of them could tell me.  When I tried to measure it myself the houses were chained down for security so I was not able.  I am just in need of the height from the ground up to the highest point, I assume that means the pivot point if all the pipes.  Thanks in advance!

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2024, 05:58 PM »
I'll be pulling my pro cottage (with hyfax) down off an upper shelf in the garage when my boy is home from school.  Probably this weekend.  I'll put a tape to it then. Looking at it the high point seems to be on the back wall of flip where all the fabric piles up.  It might compress pretty well though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.