Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Clear Lake  (Read 431493 times)

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Home of the Free !!!!!!!!
Re: Clear Lake
« Reply #1380 on: Dec 27, 2011, 09:03 PM »
If we are, we will have red eskimo QF2

Offline Bigwally

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1381 on: Dec 27, 2011, 09:12 PM »
I will keep an eye out for it.  I have a red QF3 and I will be on little lake.  So far all my friends have that work problem and cant go but I still plan to as of now.

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Home of the Free !!!!!!!!
« Reply #1382 on: Dec 27, 2011, 09:18 PM »
will be on farmers......

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #1383 on: Dec 27, 2011, 09:20 PM »
never been to clear lake go to boji alot . Four of us heading there on 6th hope the ice is still good dont think we are not going to have a season where we are from . You locals have any advice for us . Pm me please. Thanks
Never to many short poles

Offline Bigwally

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1384 on: Dec 27, 2011, 09:24 PM »
what part of the lake is farmers?

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #1385 on: Dec 27, 2011, 09:29 PM »
hope to get up there me and four buddies are planing a trip there on 6th .Hope you have good ice then this weather is crazy.Any advice for us please PM me thanks  ;D
Never to many short poles

Offline bobracing32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1386 on: Dec 27, 2011, 09:47 PM »
Farmers is the south west corner of the big lake. Theres really only one way to get, which is a dead road on the south side of the lake. Ive seen guys walk from macintosh, however its a long walk. I was on farmers tonight with a good eight inches. Alot of open water around the lake. Stay safe especially with the weeks weather.

Offline buckeye24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1387 on: Dec 27, 2011, 11:43 PM »
I did fairly well tonight! Caught 3/4 of a bucket tonight and a bucket full on monday morning!!!   ;D

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1388 on: Dec 28, 2011, 06:33 AM »
I did fairly well tonight! Caught 3/4 of a bucket tonight and a bucket full on monday morning!!!   ;D

That's great.

Why don't you give a few tips for us fellow fishermen. What size bucket are you using? Could be an ice cream bucket and that is just not impressive.   :P

Offline Bigwally

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1389 on: Dec 28, 2011, 06:36 AM »
Also what did you put in the bucket, gills? Yellows, sharks?

Offline bobracing32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1390 on: Dec 28, 2011, 07:18 AM »
I had half a bucket....... of minnows last night.  Ive seen a few photos of guys catching that many. However the lake is hit and miss. One day a guy could catch only two, or maybe a hundred.

Offline Bigwally

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1391 on: Dec 28, 2011, 07:33 AM »
Those of you that were out there lasy night how was the ice?  I am wanting to be on the ice tomorrow morning and plan to get on the ice when its still a little dark.  I just want to make sure the ice is still good and I can trust that Im not going walk on a soft spot or open water.  I am planning on going to the little lake part.

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1392 on: Dec 28, 2011, 07:41 AM »
I always hate to post ice conditions ( don't want to be responsible). If your not sure of conditions I would wait till sunrise.

I will tell my son is out fishing right now. they just got a 24"er.................CAT FISH.    ;D ;D

Be safe!

Offline tyke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1393 on: Dec 28, 2011, 08:52 AM »
Don't give up hope yet, my cousin who has past away now always had a saying (When the days begin to lengthen the cold begins to strengthen). Seems to hold true.
jdj

Offline Bigwally

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1394 on: Dec 28, 2011, 08:57 AM »
I always hate to post ice conditions ( don't want to be responsible). If your not sure of conditions I would wait till sunrise.

I will tell my son is out fishing right now. they just got a 24"er.................CAT FISH.    ;D ;D

Be safe!

Nice!!  What did he catch the cat on?

Offline buckeye24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1395 on: Dec 28, 2011, 09:12 AM »
Also what did you put in the bucket, gills? Yellows, sharks?

Sorry forgot to put it in there! I caught 3/4 of bucket of yellows!

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1396 on: Dec 28, 2011, 09:27 AM »
HOW BIG OF BUCKET!!! ;D ;D ;D

sorry couldn't resist.  :)

Offline nick858

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1397 on: Dec 28, 2011, 10:20 AM »
Some computer savvy person should post a map of Clear Lake labeling Farmers and the little lake.  Its not that hard if you see a map.  And I cant imagine if you are up moving around drilling tons of holes that you cant end up with a minimum of 15 fish.  If you are just drilling two holes and sitting in a shack, then you arent yellow bass fishing.

Offline ice-aholic

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #1398 on: Dec 28, 2011, 11:06 AM »
have some friends on little lake right now said they caught one yellow and little crappie but it is pretty dead, they said they are drilling a lot of holes and marking a lot of fish but they won't bite

Offline 641cfrank

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1399 on: Dec 28, 2011, 11:16 AM »

Offline Bigwally

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1400 on: Dec 28, 2011, 11:36 AM »
Sorry forgot to put it in there! I caught 3/4 of bucket of yellows!

(Image removed from quote.)

Wow thats a big bucket!!  Nice work.  What where they biting on?

Offline icefisher4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1401 on: Dec 28, 2011, 11:56 AM »
Thinking about heading out to little lake tonight..hopefully the ice holds up for this upcoming week I want to bring the wheel house out but the damn weather!! just get cold and snowy already, what the hell is mother nature waiting for?!?!

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1402 on: Dec 28, 2011, 12:06 PM »
She just cant seem to get it outta 1st gear.

Offline icefisher4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1403 on: Dec 28, 2011, 12:08 PM »
that is definitely true although i heard thers going to  be some snow coming around the 1st. but not very much, hopefully there is something in the forecast....something has to change

Offline Derek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1404 on: Dec 28, 2011, 12:31 PM »
Im very confused as to why people still insist on fishing little lake and complain about how bad their fishing experience was a Clear? People are constantly asking where the good fishing is and they get an honest response from iaeye or crappiebuster or luckydog. When some one says, "Big Lake in 6-7 fow" you should probably take their advice and absorb as much as possible. Just my $.02 worth

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1405 on: Dec 28, 2011, 06:32 PM »
Ice is taking a pretty good hit guys.  Be careful out there! Walked right by 3x3 ft hole of open water with bubbles coming outta it today.  Carp?  Methane? I have no clue it was kinda freaky tho.   

Offline Bigwally

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1406 on: Dec 28, 2011, 06:37 PM »
What part of the lake was that on?  I was planning to be on little lake around 7am.  Not sure I wanna mess with ice like that though.  How thick was the ice?

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1407 on: Dec 28, 2011, 06:44 PM »
I was on the west end of the little lake.  Most ice I found was around 6, found a few spots that were around 4.  Lotsa dink yellows on that end 5 ft thick at times.  Gonna go back to farmers tommorow.

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1408 on: Dec 28, 2011, 07:21 PM »
Im very confused as to why people still insist on fishing little lake and complain about how bad their fishing experience was a Clear? People are constantly asking where the good fishing is and they get an honest response from iaeye or crappiebuster or luckydog. When some one says, "Big Lake in 6-7 fow" you should probably take their advice and absorb as much as possible. Just my $.02 worth

Thanks for 2 cents.

I do give honest reports, no I do not give up exact locations. That is part of fishing (finding them).

Even my stubborn teenage son can listen. He iced 96 yellows this morning.

Here's a bonus from this morning.

Ice is changing rapidly be care.

good luck

YTD 901 yellows, 1 walleye

Offline nick858

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1409 on: Dec 28, 2011, 08:02 PM »

This is very true.  7fow.  Id recommend drilling 50 holes, 10 feet apart before you even start fishing.  Leave your bucket and ice shack at home.  A flasher and a rod and just keep moving.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.