The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Bass Lake contest  (Read 465 times)

Offline minnowdrowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • T-bar!!!
Bass Lake contest
« on: Jan 23, 2013, 06:38 AM »
Anyone ever fish the bass lake ice fishing contest just south of Somerset? Might check it out this weekend, $#&^@% lake to fish I've heard but the prize list is pretty decent for being so close. Just wondering where the contest is set up (N end, S end)? I know they pre-drill your holes...
How many times do I gotta go through holes before I watch where I'm going? I am an amateur fisherman, but an all star minnow drowner!

Offline redneckfishin

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bass Lake contest
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2013, 04:33 PM »
I have never fished Bass lake, But I was also thinking of going to this contest. Do you know if you can park at the lake?

Offline ice.ice.baby

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2013, 05:08 PM »
I heard they do it on the North end by the boat landing. Ive never fished in the contest.

Offline ice.ice.baby

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2013, 05:52 PM »
I read the rules on the website it sounds like you can park on the lake but you have to be a certain distance from the contest area... I think it was 30 ft or something like that.

Offline minnowdrowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • T-bar!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2013, 06:44 PM »
From what I gathered on the website, looks like they have the parking on the lake but right at the landing, I think the 30' rule is for wheelers and sleds driven close to the contest area. Supposed to be cold but I already paid my money so might as well go  ;) I just couldn't figure out if it was north or south end, talked to another guy that said it's usually on the north end as well.
How many times do I gotta go through holes before I watch where I'm going? I am an amateur fisherman, but an all star minnow drowner!

Offline ice.ice.baby

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2013, 06:45 PM »
The only landing is on the North end

Offline minnowdrowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • T-bar!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2013, 06:54 PM »
Gotcha, I must have looked at the lakemap wrong. Thought it showed one on each end, oops ??? Never even been to the lake, guess that's why I spend so much time on here to inquire from those that know  ;D

Offline ice.ice.baby

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2013, 06:59 PM »
ya I saw the same thing I think it was on my gps map. Then I drove around to that side of the lake and there is a nice little sign that says NO BOAT LANDING!! it must have been a landing years ago but now it is private.

Offline ice.ice.baby

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2013, 07:14 PM »
I fished Bass twice this year. Once early Ice. North end in ten or so FOW. Didn't even mark one fish others were fishing much much shallower (like 3ft). The second time near the little bay on the west side. One 12" bass one nice gill but I fished for 4 hours and the whole time truck after truck was driving to the south end. I think they catch walleye down there. But take what I say with a grain of salt because I've only fished the lake twice in my whole life.

Offline ripstik

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2013, 09:48 PM »
I have fished the tournament the last two years and will be there again this year. The catch ratio sucks. Two years ago there were only a hand full of perch caught. Last year I only remember one or two perch caught. Nothing else. The winner the last two years was both perch weighing in at ounces. Two years ago we had to park at the ramp at the north end, or be bused from the school parking lot. Last year we drove out on the ice, I expect this year to be able to drive on the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.