Author Topic: My auger  (Read 1706 times)

Offline pearcheyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
My auger
« on: Feb 19, 2018, 02:42 PM »
Had to send my jiffy propane power head in for service they sent a brand new unit back no charge ,how's that for customer service!

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: My auger
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2018, 04:37 PM »
You have to love it when you get great service.  That's the kind of thing that will make you a life long customer!

Offline pearcheyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2018, 04:54 PM »
Yea I had the pro 4 lite ,they said the timing belt broke so they scrapped it and sent me a 44 pro to replace it.It was out of warranty also so props to them I was expecting some kind of bill

Offline davecz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2018, 02:59 PM »
I just picked up a propane auger on sale from cabelas. Great price brand new bc it was the last one but now my wife might make me sell it... she said I don’t need 2 new augers, just got the electric strikmaster

Hopefully she forgets about it

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2018, 04:04 PM »
How much u get it 4?

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2018, 08:22 PM »
How do you like the the Strikemaster auger.  My buddy just got one Jan 2 and got a very good deal on it from Cabelas.  He loves it.  He said it was a cutting machine.  I didn't get a chance to do try it as the ice left too soon for our area but there is always next year.

Offline davecz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2018, 09:29 PM »
$354 plus tax so kind of an impulse buy.

I do love the strike master though it’s awesome, maybe if we had consistent 24” plus ice I might be worried about battery life but for what we have k can go days without recharging.

Offline davecz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2018, 03:18 PM »
Decided to sell the auger, I have it posted in the classifieds section. I have it listed for what i paid plus tax and $20 on top to cover gas to and from Cabela’s.

Offline PLake Boy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2018, 06:22 AM »
We just made a trip north and I used a 6" strikemaster with Mora blades and a Rigid 18V drill. With 24" of ice I could drill 15 holes per battery. I was very impressed.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Philippians 4:13

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2018, 10:38 AM »
Decided to sell the auger, I have it posted in the classifieds section. I have it listed for what i paid plus tax and $20 on top to cover gas to and from Cabela’s.
GOOD LUCK FINDING SOMEONE WHO IS WILLING TO BUY THIS TIME OF YEAR. HOW MUCH DO THEY SELL 4 REGULAR PRICE?

Offline davecz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 07, 2018, 02:47 PM »
Haha yeah I know might be tough, but told my wife I would post it.  New they are $529 so its still a good deal, but if I cant sell it oh well I guess Ill keep it... ill tell her I tried

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.