IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

9:45 on a Tuesday..

<< < (2997/5845) > >>

ICE WANDERER:

Good morning Eddie, WS, ER's,
                        It's 27 * and we had only about an inch of snow over night. ::)
                        Marv..........That's good news on the MRI results, most of us here in the ER gang were on working hard jobs all our lives, it's no wonder
                that we have ailments now that we are retired. So to our younger members learn from us, take care of yourself, it's too heavy don't try and be
                a hero, get help lifting those objects. ???
                       Eddie..........That jack hammering :o take it easy Sir. :thumbsup:
                       Tom............It sure has been a crazy winter here too, I don't think stores are out of salt, I only buy 2 jugs of it, the pet safe kind for our
                dog and the weather cat! :woot: My town is gracious enough that we can get salt from them if needed. We also can get salt/sand mix to do our
                driveways. :flex:
                      Bud.............I hope your temps stay low enough to hold the ice. :whistle:
                      Steve...........My trip to the VA was good, my wife drove and did a good job, she hates driving in heavy traffic, it wasn't bad at the time we
                had to be there, plus it's vacation week for schools so traffic was low. :thumbsup:
                      So they took my stitches out and told me that the arm has to be immobile for another month. The Dr. also explained that I should bend at the
                waist when taking a shower and dangle my arm to clean   the underarm.  Apparently it has created a problem that people get a fungus there. :o
                      I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out on the ice.

IW

hunts2long:
24 this morning and light snow just started. 
IW, sounds like things are going in the right direction, it just takes time.
WS, glad the MRI went well.
The wife's sister and niece are coming for a visit this afternoon and will be staying overnight.
Wife is doing well. She does have a cold and she may have gotten it from me, as I was just getting over one when she came home. The culture they did on Tuesday came back as "rhino virus" which they said was regular ole cold. Told us just to watch her temp and if it stays normal, she will be fine.

My nephew is getting ready to tap trees for this springs run. He got some new lines run before we got all this snow. He also bought a new evaporator, changed an old shed into a "sap house".

Have a good day....h2l

icefisher-45:
Good morning everyone, we got snow last night supposed to be almost 50 degrees. Have had a bad headache for the past few days and unable to read. Hopefully later it will be better and I can catch up on the posts. I hope everyone has a good day and a safe one.

tomturkey:
So much for the guess of freezing rain yesterday. All we got was the short burst of hail I mentioned in another post. They are calling for some bad rain over the weekend coming from that heavy rain Califunkia got. Hopefully they are wrong again as the wife has an early appointment for her wrist on Monday meaning traveling with all of those late for work idiots.

I went to pick up some diabetic test strips yesterday and they wanted to charge me for them. I told them to keep them as I knew that they were covered by my Medicare. I called Medicare and they confirmed I was right. I will have another new RX sent to another pharmacy. I tried to get the cost of my Norco from two Pharmacies. They would not give me a cost unless they had an RX in hand. So much for shopping for prices. If my DIL was not in Fla I would have her get me the cost at the pharmacy at the hospital she works at where I am getting most of my meds.

WS Are they promoting Roof Melt out there. It is nothing more than some expensive hockey puck size salt to melt ice dams on the roof. You could throw up a bunch of softener salt on the roof and do the same thing for a lot less $$.

H2l It is good to here that there was nothng srious wrong with you wife so she did not have to stay in NYC again.

IW I used to get a rash from sweating under my arm. My mother tought me to put some corn starch on it. It works great to get rid of it.

Whopper Stopper:
Good afternoon everyone  :bow:

I went out at day break and did the final clean up and blowing, I just got in. The banks were getting higher than the blower would throw, so I did some shovel work to knock them down and blow it into a different spot. As I had said I needed to open up my wood pile path and blow a path to get out to the turkeys.

TT yes they do sell that roof melt here. The hardware stores went through it like peanut butter through a fat kid. I actually have a bucket of it. That drinking lady that I did work for gave me some, I had forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder :thumbsup:

Hope you all have a good rest of the day :thumbsup:

Here are a couple pictures

My wife said she would like to go out for supper ??? I am thinking this would work  ;D

Some day I would like to have a nice wood shed like IW

This is a big spruce next to the house

This is a part of the path on the way to where I feed the turkeys

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version