Author Topic: Ebay underwater camera  (Read 4240 times)

Offline cbjdriles

• IceShanty Rookie
Ebay underwater camera
« on: Dec 07, 2015, 11:26 AM »
Greetings fellow ice fisherman. New to the Ice Shanty forum. I am in E. Oregon and love to ice fish. We hit Unity Lake, Phillips Lake, Wolf Creek Res, N. Powder Pond and if Thief Valley and Malheur Res would not drain out from the drought, we would be fishing there for the large 20" trout those lakes produce.

I am seeking some of your expert advice regarding underwater cameras. I have read nearly every single thread within the Iceshanty forum regarding underwater cameras yet I still have a question. I have also done extensive research on other fishing forums for underwater camera reviews/advice. Have any of you or any of your buddies purchased and used one of the cheap Eyoyo brand 7" underwater cameras that can be purchased from Ebay/Amazon for about $150? I would love to purchase a Marcum camera but it is out of my price range. I am leaning towards the purchase of an Aqua Vu 710 reconditioned model that I can get from their website for $200. I have a Marcum Showdown 2.0 and really like it. A color camera and recording option is NOT a big deal. If any of you have experience using the Aqua Vu 710 model, please chime in.

Thanks in advance.
Craig

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Ebay underwater camera
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2015, 06:29 PM »
well, 7 hours later and no users of that model chiming in.
i'll chime in simply to say welcome and thanks for joining us!
i have a new camera that is part of the marcum lx9 and have yet to get it wet, so nothing to offer on that unit either.
i know the replacement cost of the lx9 camera is 280$ and i think it is with all of their cameras for camera only.

here's some info on it. all i know is you get what you pay for. it got 4 out of 5 star review with 41 votes
http://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-4000mah-Rechargeable-Battery-Underwater/dp/B00B7YDJY2

http://www.amazon.com/Underwater-Camera-System-Fishing-Finder/dp/B00B7YDGGS

http://www.hightechfisherman.com/fishfinder-reviews/eyoyo-brand-fish-finder-underwater-fishing-video-camera-7-color-tft-hd-monitor/

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2015, 08:49 AM »
Greetings fellow ice fisherman. New to the Ice Shanty forum. I am in E. Oregon and love to ice fish. We hit Unity Lake, Phillips Lake, Wolf Creek Res, N. Powder Pond and if Thief Valley and Malheur Res would not drain out from the drought, we would be fishing there for the large 20" trout those lakes produce.

I am seeking some of your expert advice regarding underwater cameras. I have read nearly every single thread within the Iceshanty forum regarding underwater cameras yet I still have a question. I have also done extensive research on other fishing forums for underwater camera reviews/advice. Have any of you or any of your buddies purchased and used one of the cheap Eyoyo brand 7" underwater cameras that can be purchased from Ebay/Amazon for about $150? I would love to purchase a Marcum camera but it is out of my price range. I am leaning towards the purchase of an Aqua Vu 710 reconditioned model that I can get from their website for $200. I have a Marcum Showdown 2.0 and really like it. A color camera and recording option is NOT a big deal. If any of you have experience using the Aqua Vu 710 model, please chime in.

Thanks in advance.
Craig

don't get discouraged if you get no replies to your question. because of the lack of ice ,very few members are here yet. as soon as we get ice, watch out, you will have tons of replies. welcome to the best icefishing site on the web and if I can be of any help, just ask. also, post your location below your name. this way you will get more replies from people in your general area.

HIMO
                                                                                                   Iceshanty & MFF Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline PerchFace

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2015, 05:27 PM »
my father bought one of those off ebay. directly from china. it looked like a good product but was junk. parts they put together didn't work together. the internal battery never charged correctly and there was something with the display or the cords. cant remember. had to pay for shipping back to California. customer service spoke as much English as my 9 month old.

buyer beware
Gunna freak fish out through the ice this year

Offline cbjdriles

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2015, 09:33 PM »
I found a STEAL on a year old Marcum vs825!  $300!!  Now, I hope to use it on my next days off. Very excited. I will leave a review of the camera later on.

Offline cbjdriles

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2015, 09:35 AM »
I have been able to enjoy two days of ice fishing this past week. I went to Anthony Lake and caught a mess of Rainbow and Brook Trout each day. Using the new camera was very cool. I did not even use my Marcum Showdown Troller while I was at the lake which I am now contemplating selling. The quality of the Marcum camera was quite impressive. I have nothing to compare it to but I would highly recommend it. I used it up to 15 feet deep. With several feet of snow on the ice the amount of light getting down to that depth was limited. The camera/monitor switching from color to black and white worked well. Even when the fish would stir up the sediment on the bottom, I could still see the fish through the cloud. One design flaw I learned about the unit is that it does not have an inline fuse. While removing the camera cord from the storage box, the connector for the charger touched the negative battery cable. POOF! The positive wire from the connector cable to the battery post melted!! Now, I need to repair and upgrade so should that happen again, it will blow a fuse and not melt the wiring. I will also be covering the negative battery terminal with tape.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2015, 10:59 AM »
thanks for your time updating your on goings. sounds fun to me and i am also looking forward to using my new lx9 camera.
the switching to b/w helped a lot then huh?

Offline cbjdriles

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2016, 07:42 PM »
I used the camera in 40ft of water at Phillips Lake (Baker County, OR) last week. I could see a lot of stuff in the water and was not sure if I would see any fish. However, I was able to clearly see perch swimming around when they finally arrived to our bait. The view at 20 feet and less was much better due to better lighting conditions and less stuff in the water. It was in color at 20ft and black and white at 40ft. I am very pleased with the camera and cannot wait to use it in the spring and summer when I can get into the lakes I use my boat on.

Offline simonmichel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2020, 03:10 AM »
Here's an online lesson with buyer guides to choose the right model of ice fishing camera. Go throw the lesson and find the suitable one for you.

https://fisherreel.com/best-underwater-fishing-camera/

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 25, 2020, 07:48 AM »
Here's an online lesson with buyer guides to choose the right model of ice fishing camera. Go throw the lesson and find the suitable one for you.

I am a bit suspicious of the "buyers guide" after looking it over.  My guess is that there is a money-motivation behind some of the ratings.

What I found most unfair/shocking/weird is that they totally ignore the AquaVu Micro 5 - probably one of the most portable, best and popular cameras. The ONLY AquaVu tested was the large and expensive AV7HDI.

Somehow that seems disingenuous and FAKE NEWS to me when a leading contender is simply ignored.  Perhaps it is simply the $$$ from Eyoyo that drives things.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 25, 2020, 09:34 AM »
Aqua View sells reconditioned units with new unit warranty. I haven't used it yet but I bought a Revolution 5.0 for $200.00.

Offline papadarv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 25, 2020, 10:32 AM »
I built 4 DIY cameras. First 2 I used 720p spy cameras mounted in Ozark flashlight housings. Last 2 are 1200 TVL Eyoyo 15mm & 30mm cable.

I no longer hole hop so my recent build are 100% wireless inside a tool box. Also use my M18 auger drill battery for power. My cost under $130.

Video quality is exceptional with the Eyoyo 1200TVL. This 6 ft sturgeon is 20 feet from the camera, 18" ice & 3” snow on the Eyoyo camera.

Offline R.S.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 26, 2020, 04:47 AM »
fishin buddy has one but we rarely use it anymore. we missed more bites watching tv I think.  lol  was fun at first but takes away from fishing time. imo  besides its fun to drop down and se what comes up from those flashing red lites.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #13 on: Nov 26, 2020, 06:45 AM »

Thanks in advance.
Craig

Is this the Marcum you were thinking about?

"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.