The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: First time posting pics. Hope it works? Oakland county PUBLIC lake  (Read 1417 times)

Offline The Splash

• Team IceShanty Addict

We fished all day with minimal success, but once night feel and i set the lantern over some holes we nailed these crappie in a half an hour. 30 fow 10-16 feet down. 2 of these crappie were 14". It's been awhile since we have caught crappie this thick around here. Great fillets. 4 inches of ice.

Offline Elk5012

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hey PIKE ME!
Nice batch of crappies, did you get them all on the spoon tip with minnow? The last picture had me drooling for a Bud light.

Offline The Splash

• Team IceShanty Addict
 Thanks, It really didn't matter what we used. Small spoon, fatboy, hali jig, etc. Only a few were taken on whole minnows. Once again, the minnow head proved to be the ticket.

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
wow awesome job ive always intended to try the lantern at night for some crappies in oakland county. Hows the ice holding up over there?
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
nice job, always keep the lantern near the hole for spek fishing, to make the light more directional take some kitchen foil and cover 1/2 of the glass. thanks for the info as well, not sure how much ice we have now with this bit of rain.

Offline The Splash

• Team IceShanty Addict
 I planned on fishing Monday morning, but I'll wait until after xmas to go back out. It should freeze right back up on top.

Offline djkruszewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • that's one big hole.
hey splash which lake did you nail them at?
when fisherman fish alone, do they really catch fish??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.