The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: snow snow snow!  (Read 868 times)

Offline 187fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
snow snow snow!
« on: Dec 09, 2013, 09:28 PM »
Man we were off to such a great start! Most of the lakes around kent county had about 1.5" black ice. Now we have 6" stupid snow, and snow all week. So be sure to use that spud!

Offline Swedish Pimp

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: snow snow snow!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2013, 10:09 PM »
High winds will keep it clear tomorrow. As for the rest of the week not looking to good. Lake effect is going to hurt. They are calling for some real cold air. Hoping not to be making the drive away from the lake shore this year.

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2013, 12:24 PM »
Its coming down now!  Yeah the lakeshore never catches a break...  It doesn't matter to me as most of the lakes I fish are 45 minutes North, South or East.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2013, 12:53 PM »
love the cold but hate the lake effect snow in Allegan county every year..it really slows ice production.

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2013, 01:03 PM »
love the cold but hate the lake effect snow in Allegan county every year..it really slows ice production.
I agree.  We were actually off to a good start until now.  At least its not that sloppy crap we had last year that insulated the ice the 1st half of the season.  20 miles East they had no issues.  Should of bought that house in Cedar-Rock...haha

Offline dutch3376

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2013, 01:10 PM »

You been out to check the ice on Selkirk yet, Dr?  Curious how it's coming along.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2013, 01:20 PM »
You been out to check the ice on Selkirk yet, Dr?  Curious how it's coming along.
my bro in law took a step on it but its not ready yet.

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2013, 03:20 PM »
as long as the ice is strong enough to support the snow it will be fine but the bigger lakes that are half frozen right now are going to be crap down the road

Offline scout 2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2013, 03:32 PM »
as long as the ice is strong enough to support the snow it will be fine but the bigger lakes that are half frozen right now are going to be crap down the road

Hi guy glad to see you are still around. I heard there is 6 inches or more of ice up this way but it is to cold and windy to go out. Gettn old I guess

Offline dgb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Gill Time!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2013, 05:20 PM »
All this snow really sucks........ >:(

Offline Jermyhiney

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2013, 05:42 PM »
At least around my area the snow has been pretty fluffy and with the gusty wind we've been getting it should blow most of it off the ice. Hopefully!
If it smells like fish, eat all you wish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.