Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Boots  (Read 1254 times)

Offline ajw2202

• IceShanty Rookie
Boots
« on: Feb 04, 2018, 03:22 PM »
My muck arctic sport boots are on their last gasp. Just curious if anyone has something they prefer more or just in general what else is out there to choose from. 

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Boots
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2018, 04:04 PM »
Lacrosse Ice Kings
EYECONICFISHING

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2018, 05:27 PM »
Baffin Titans!!
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2018, 07:59 PM »
I had a pair of LaCrosse Ice Kings for 10 years with heavy use before they started leaking.  Replaced them with some kind of Kamik's which were much lighter but aren't near the same boot and not as warm.

Offline Central Iowa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2018, 09:07 PM »
I bought a pair of Korkers Polar Vortex 1200 boots and like them a bunch. I’ve had most of the good boots out there but these I bought primarily for being on the ice. They have interchangeable soles and come with regular soles and a set of soles with studded carbide studs. Another cool feature is the BOA lace system that is super handy.. They are spendy full price if you can catch them on sale or clearence they are well worth it. I picked a size and a half bigger than my normal size and that’s just right for heavy socks and plenty of air gap insulation room (key to keeping feet warm). So far I’m digging them!

Offline Fish Butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2018, 09:17 PM »
In our NW IA. climate a higher end, middle of the road, boot will work fine. Sorel works well and comes in at only $100 and change.

Offline BigSling

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2018, 09:29 PM »
Baffin Impacts (can find for around $100) have worked well for me the last 2 years.

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2018, 03:27 PM »
I needed a new pair of boots and wanted Ice Kings, but they didn't have my size. They had a pair of Ice Man and I was told they would keep my feet warm. I wear a mid weight Wigwam sock and have not been disappointed. On very cold days I will use toe warmers.

Offline dcmod25

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2018, 03:33 PM »
nothing but baffins! one pair of normal socks and have never had cold feet and i fish outside 99% of the time

Offline ajw2202

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2018, 06:04 PM »
In the keeping feet warm department, going a size bigger makes a difference?  Thanks for all the advice!

Offline cyclones30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2018, 10:13 PM »
Baffin here for the past 9 years or so, same pair

Offline Ihawkangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 07, 2018, 05:57 AM »
Military surplus Mickey boots with the felt insoles by Little Hotties (5.99-7.99) and two pair of Merino wool socks have worked great for me.  Boots make a difference no doubt, but Merino wool socks help a lot.  Get the highest % Merino wool sock you can find, add the Little Hotties and I think you will find a lot of boots will do the job.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.