Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607515 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #18240 on: Jan 12, 2020, 11:06 AM »
Good day 66 outside ::) supposed to cool down to the upper forties over night and Monday's high temperature will be around 45. Blue sky with a few clouds and windy small tree branches on the ground had periods of heavy rain overnight. I looked at the projected ten day fore cast for my town not promising for ice formation if correct it will not be until next Sunday when I will see below freezing temperature for the daily high. Prayers for those killed and affected by the tornadoes in Louisiana .
Drifter sorry to hear there are no local food markets in Yellow Knife offering on-line shopping and food delivery.
Wallyworld hope you and Mr.WW had a good time at the Banquet . Enjoy dinner with your brother today.
Eddie smart idea sticking to a smaller lake just keep an eye on shoreline as they tend to open fast with warm weather on smaller lakes. Glad you found ice to fish on sometimes fishing away from but in view of the crowd will attract attention especially if you are catching fish.
Hunts2long may you and your team mates have a good night at the bowling alley and stay in first place.
UFCreel it seems many of us are having roller coaster weather this Winter which is preventing or slowing formation of ice.
Ice Wanderer may you have a safe and good trip if heading out fishing today.
Whopper Stopper hope today's fishing report shows a photo of the hog walleye.

A safe and good Sunday to everyone . Best to all fishing stay aware of the changing ice conditions with these warmer temperatures.
  Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18241 on: Jan 12, 2020, 01:57 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

0 this morning before warming up to +15 with an east wind.

The fish were moving around today. I brought an extra portable for the s-i-l and set her up about 50 yards from Shamu. I had my wife man the jigging rod and I sat by the dead stick. 8am on the dot the big gal came into the hole. I had bought some night crawlers to see if that would entice her on a jigging rap. It was pretty dark down the hole and I had a hard time pointing it out for my wife to see it, when she did her eyes lit up and she said "oh my God"  :roflmao: The tuna just looked at the offering and headed out, not even giving the dead stick a peak.

We did catch a couple smaller pike and had 5 more amble in but for whatever reason they just did the look and swim. 3 other nice walleyes passed through over the course of 3.5 hours and again they just looked and left. My s-i-l hooked a couple of pike but that was the extent of what she saw.

Tomorrow I have a couple of errands that I need to make in the morning so I am planning on an afternoon matinee. Pretty soon I am going to take Drifters suggestion and fling the spear at the tuna and see how she likes that :roflmao:

There was a confident moron on the ice today. a Ford Ranger came driving out with 4 guys in it pulling a 14' single axle Ice Castle fish house. They drove out about 1/4 mile and set up fishing. Last check of the ice by me showed 9" with 5" being good and 4" being junk ???

Hope you are all having an excellent afternoon on the ice or on the couch :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18242 on: Jan 12, 2020, 02:09 PM »

Good afternoon Everyone,
                      35* and cloudy here on my hill, it was 50* when I woke at 7:15. Did I type 7:15, I must have been tired. I'm usually up by 4:30. ::)
                      Marv...……...That Walleye has your # and is teasing you. :roflmao: I'm glad the Shamu is getting used. :flex:
                      Eddie...……..I didn't venture out today, I heard there was a lot of water on the ice, we had almost 2" of rain since yesterday afternoon. :o
                      Drifter...…...I hope you get the rest you need. :thumbsup:
                      H2L...………...I have a friend that fishes over there more toward Broadalbin, says it's hit and miss, he's mainly a Perch guy! :blink: Good Luck bowling
               tonight. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:
                      Wally...……...I'm glad to read that the banquet was a good one. :clap:
                      A lazy day around our house today.

IW

Offline bake4790

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18243 on: Jan 12, 2020, 08:00 PM »
Temps finally dropped back below freezing here, fingers crossed I don't need my extending ladder to get onto the ice tomorrow  :roflmao:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18244 on: Jan 12, 2020, 09:27 PM »
Good evening Whopper Stopper thank you for today's report minus catching "Tuna" sounds like a fun day out with the girls.
Ice Wanderer does all of us good to sleep in every now and then. Most of my Saturday was dry and ran ended early on Sunday morning over all not as bad of a weekend as I was expecting from inital forecasts.
Bake4790 welcome to Ice Shanty and the 9:45 thread if you have looked through the pages of this thread you will notice a group of us try and post daily talking about everything from fishing to what is happening in our respective lives. Please feel free to join us at any time. Enjoy the website lots of information to be found among it's many forums and pages.
Icefisher-45 hope you and the wife are alright miss seeing your posts.

A safe and good night to all.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #18245 on: Jan 13, 2020, 02:38 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  A little cooler this morning, 27*, high of 42 today.

Bake...welcome to IceShanty and the 9:45!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...imagine that much rain and the warmer temps must have knocked a lot of the snow down up your way. About the only snow we have remaining now is snow banks...need some of Drifters weather for just a day or two! Good luck if heading out today!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...think that’s awesome you had the ladies out for the trip, another good trip and story!   :clap:  Guess we’ll have to stay tuned in this evening to see if you harpoon that tuna, lol. Best of luck with the afternoon trip!   :thumbsup:
  Steve..kind of hoping my weather app is wrong, now showing a significant amount of snow coming Saturday followed by cold temps...not what we want to see right now!  :%$#!:
  Drifter...man, I like it cold, but I don’t know if I could make it up there....certainly not doing masonry anyway!   :roflmao:  Stay warm!   :thumbsup:
  UFC...this roller coaster weather we’ve all been getting should level out soon...almost halfway through January already...it’s coming soon, I think!   ;D  :thumbsup:
  H2...wow, surprised to read the wheelers out there...hope they all stayed on top! Still in first place?    :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope you had an enjoyable evening with your brother last night, I’m sure the dinner was excellent!   :thumbsup:   
  I-45... hope all is well, keep an eye out for a small box in few days!   :thumbsup:

My son and a friend of his went to the same spot I fished yesterday for a little while. What was 9” of ice on Saturday reduced to 5...1” of white and about 4” of good ice. Mentioned most of those 6” holes I had drilled on Saturday had at least doubled in size and  most of the water was off the ice.
  Think I have the picture posting figured out finally...here’s one from Lake George last year for you all....Cawfee’s on!

Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18246 on: Jan 13, 2020, 03:59 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                            It's 24* up here, the guessers predicted 16*, way off. ::)
                            Eddie...…...I like the art work with the Perch. :thumbsup: I think the ice held up but the shore line is what we're worried about. :unsure:
                   I think I need to take a ride. ;D I hope it's not a big snow storm coming Saturday! :cookoo: :%$#!:
                            Marv...…….Are you heading out to Shamu today, I hope you can get that Tuna! :flex:
                            Bake...…...Welcome to IS and the 9:45 thread. :thumbsup:
                            Steve...…..The sleep experts claim that a person should get up at the same time everyday, I got up for work at 4 am for 40+ years and
                   it's something I can't shake. :whistle: When I was in the Navy in Boot Camp our CO said sleep was a bad habit. ???
                            Wally...…..X2 what Eddie said, I hope your evening with your brother was enjoyable! :clap:
                            H2L...……..Like Eddie said, I too am surprised that there were wheelers out. ???
                            Like I mentioned before, I need to do some recon today, I hate getting everything ready and get to the lake and find I can't get on.
                            A friend of one of my sons lost his 4 wheel on Blue Mtn. Lake last week.
                            I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out on some safe ice!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18247 on: Jan 13, 2020, 06:24 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie....that's a lot of ice to lose in one day  :blink:  things look good in the extended forecast   :thumbsup:  except that foot of snow over the weekend  :%$#!:

IW.....hope the recon today shows the shoreline stayed locked  ;)  your body must have needed the extra rest for some reason , maybe fighting off a bug of some kind  :-\

WS....glad you all had a good day on the ice yesterday  :clap:  hope today's the day we all get see a pic of the big girl   ;D

MrC.....we had a 32* drop in temps in 12 hrs yesterday  :wacko:  some pretty big winds most of the day  :o

H2L.....guess someone has to be the first one to drive the wheeler on the ice, as long as it's NOT me  :o   :nono:   :roflmao:

Had a nice evening with my brother, dinner turned out good, chicken, bisquits, mashed taters, gravy, brussell sprouts and MrsTT's  coconut pie for dessert  :thumbsup: 

Having some work done on the pole barn door so the new boat will fit, needs to be a foot higher than it is  ::)  contractor that built the barn says it's no big deal, fingers crossed he's right  :whistle:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18248 on: Jan 13, 2020, 06:54 AM »
27* this morning.
WS, can't believe one of those walleyes won't hit. Maybe she just wants to get bigger for you.
WW, good luck with the pole barn. Make sure it is big enough for the "next boat"....lol
Eddie, cool picture. The weekend weather took it's toll on the ice.
IW, the edges around here didn't look very good yesterday and the lake came up 1 foot in 24 hours so that didn't help. I am also sure the ice had to take a beating. I am seeing the atv's out off the campsite and they are saying 10" of ice but no one is saying what kind of ice. I know I wouldn't trust it at all right now. Some people just don't  use there heads.
The bowling team took 3 of 4 and I think we stayed in 1st place. I bowled the best I have in years. I had a 208 and a total of 521. (170, 208, 143) Just glad we didn't have to roll another game. This Sat I am bowling in the 8 pin no tap tourney, I will see how I do in that. Just hope we don't get the weekend snow storm.
As warm as it got this weekend I still have about an inch of snow/ice in the yard.
Have a good day....h2l

Yesterday morning out front.
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18249 on: Jan 13, 2020, 09:13 AM »
Good morning a cool 32 degrees outside heading toward 47 . I have to check the extended forecast to see what is predicted for this weekend in terms of snowfall.
Eddie any major snow storm will be a set back on ice formation. Amazing how fast ice can melt given certain weather conditions. Nice of you to send IF-45 a ice fishing care package.
Ice Wanderer thankfully now my work schedule is stable at one time I was all over the clock in the course of a week. Looking back I wonder how I was able to work that crazy of a schedule. Assume your friend's son is alright may they recover the 4-wheeler.
Wallyworld may the contractor know his stuff and pole barn work be completed by time you bring the new boat home. Sounds like everyone had a good time at last nights dinner.
Hunts2long congratulations on a good night bowling. Best to you in Saturday's 8 pin tourney. There had to be a lot of snow melt into the river for the water level of GSl to rise one foot in 24 hours.

Have a good Monday.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18250 on: Jan 13, 2020, 12:04 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Good streaking weather here today if I was Drifter. +25 heading to 30 by afternoon with a snow squall moving through late afternoon.

Eddie The girls always love coming with, they just hate cold so they plan most of there days off for the kayak. S-i-l doesn't mind helping get set up but my wife with her eye problem has to keep out of the wind and cold as much as possible. The s-i-l is actually coming out to Shamu this afternoon after work, she has the Tuna fever :roflmao:

IW hope you find some decent ice to get on the lake.

WW not sure if I will ever get the tuna to bite, but if I do I guarantee there will be pictures. :thumbsup:

h2l congrats on the bowling :clap: I have no idea what it would take to trigger the big walleye. We have been catching short walleyes right along but just can't get the combination figured out for this one. Looking at her she certainly is eating something and a lot of it besides ;D

I am heading out to the fish house in an hour or so, I will stay until things get dark. Next year I am going to have covers for the holes and have it so I can fish into the evening more, or maybe all night.

Hope you are all having an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18251 on: Jan 13, 2020, 06:40 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

I had an excellent afternoon in Shamu. It didn't start out very well as I couldn't get my Buddy heater to light. Come to finally figure out the heater takes gas to run ??? I have been using a 20# tank that has a hard plastic base that the tank sits in for stability. The tank felt heavy when I loaded it, but it was empty,
which I found out on the lake :roflmao: Luckily I had a 1lb bottle in the 4wheeler so all was well.

I put a bait down that I have been trying on every outing. A friend of mine from the 9:45 that's the resident mason, sent me a bait last winter that he said was popular in his area. I had it down for only 10 minutes when a huge pike rolled in. I have no doubt it was at least 40" knocking on the 20# mark. It grabbed the stoolie and shook the stuffing out of it before taking it out under the ice. From what I could tell it just missed the hook by a fraction of an inch. I pulled the stoolie back in and the pike followed stopping to look at it. I was able to get a picture (poor at best) just before she left.

I saw 3 other pike after the big one but nothing close to as exciting as the big one.

I am heading out again tomorrow before first light.

Hope you all have an excellent night :thumbsup: Stay safe

WS

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #18252 on: Jan 13, 2020, 07:34 PM »
Good Evening, All

The reason I havn't posted for awhile, Ellie & I finally decided on selling the house here in NJ and moving to Kansas to be closer to our son, Andrew, d-i-l Suzy, and the
     grandkids, Nicholas and Mila

With Melisa gone, Kimberly settled into married life, parents are gone, really the only thing left is to sell my parents house, my sister is retiring from her job as a school
     nurse when the school year ends, so cleanout will get done without the associated nonsense that goes with it

When Andrew left the Navy in San Diego, he got a job in private sector doing the same job he had while in the Navy, working on backup power distribution systems, he
     still works for the same company, just transferred to Kansas City branch, plans on staying there, likes the area

Ellie & I have been talking about a change of scenery anyway, so this means more traveling to see the sites of the US from a more centralized location mid country

To the ladies having radiation for cancer, hope you get a clean bill of health when all is said and done, if you need some advice as to something, have hubby send PM, will
    answer as fast as I can

W.S. - Great looking Winter Ice Palace - good luck getting the big one

I.W. - how is the arm/shoulder doing?

Mason - See you have a few days on the ice under your belt - Good luck

Mrs. W.W. - A new 'Yacht' - good luck

4790 - Welcome to the 9:45 'local', it stops wherever you are at

H2L - Still in 1st place bowling - good

I didn't write everybody's goings on, so forgive me for not asking how all are doing

Have an early start tomorrow, time for some shut eye - more on everything later

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Sharp Spears-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Happy Anniversary-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18253 on: Jan 13, 2020, 08:22 PM »
I have no doubt it was at least 40" knocking on the 20# mark.
           WS

Marv, you need to come and visit me sometime.
I know a place.  ;)

I made the crock pot chicken noodle dish.
It's yummy!!!  ;D

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18254 on: Jan 13, 2020, 09:06 PM »
Good evening, Whopper Stopper sounds like another nice day out in Shamu may you get that pike or "Tuna" walleye on the ice before this season comes to an end.
Capt.Jim all the best to you and Ellie with the move and selling of both houses. It will be nice to be closer to your grandchildren.
Drifter_016 thanks for sharing the photos of the trophy pike you have caught over the years. I was thinking of you earlier checking my TV guide listings and saw Ice Lake Rebels is back on think it is old episodes.

Have a pleasant night everyone.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18255 on: Jan 14, 2020, 02:42 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 35* this am, high of 41 with a chance of rain this afternoon.   :cookoo:

Capt.J...very happy for you, wishing you and Ellie all the best as well, that’s some pretty exciting news!  :clap:  :thumbsup: 
  Drifter...as soon as I pick my jaw off the floor I’ll figure out something to say about those Pike pictures...impressive!? :bow:  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv...wow, between your story and Drifter’s pictures, I’m just about ready to say screw work and go Pike fishing today! :roflmao:  Get that big one today...don’t forget the cookies! :thumbsup: :clap:
  Steve...the weather app now showing about 3” less of snow predicted than yesterday...hopefully it continues to drop! :thumbsup:
  H2...congratulations on your high triple and hanging on to 1st place, awesome!   :clap:  That’s a great looking picture you shared!
  Wally...yes, that top white ice went real quick. Hope the door job goes smoothly...when do you plan on picking up the boat?   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope your recon mission went well yesterday....best of luck with today’s trip!    :icefish:

Some pretty exciting things happening here today with the posts...great way to start off the morning, thanks!   :clap:
  Don’t want to be a Debbie Downer, but is anybody interested in taking my place pouring sidewalks this morning?   :whistle:  ;D.   Cawfee’s on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18256 on: Jan 14, 2020, 03:53 AM »

It's 33* and partly cloudy with a high of 34* today. ::)
                                Eddie...…..The recon mission resulted in some open water along the shore line, a plank should be needed on some areas.
                  We do have one lake that didn't loose the shore so that's where we're headed today. :flex: Thanks for the Offer of some concrete
                  but I'll pass. :roflmao:
                                Capt...…...My shoulder is holding up well, I still have some numbness when laying down in bed. ??? Thanks for asking. :clap:
                                Marv...…...That was a nice Pike, I bet it made your heart pump a little. :thumbsup:
                                Drifter......I guess you do know a place, WOW :flex: :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
                                Time is running out, I'll check in later.
                                I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out chasing the big ones!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18257 on: Jan 14, 2020, 06:04 AM »
30* this morning.
Capt. Jim, moving is always fun. Kansas will be a big change from NJ. Good Luck.
Drifter, those are some very nice pike. As you may know, Sacandaga is known for it's big pike. It just doesn't get as COLD. In a couple of those pictures looks like it might have been above ZERO.
Eddie, it has been awhile since I had such a good night. Many years ago it was every night. Even won high 3 game total for the league one year, 688. With the new lanes and balls you see those scores almost every night in some of the classic leagues.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18258 on: Jan 14, 2020, 07:34 AM »
The big storm for Saturday was over guessed for us. We only got a 1/4 inch of ice and less than 3 inches of snow. Luckily we never lost power. The southern part of the state got between 2 and 3 inches of rain. I spent Sunday clearing up the mess. I blew a lot of dirt due to the ground not being frozen.

Drifter My brother tried to get me to drive to your area and meet him to fish those  pike when he was coming out from Fairbanks to see our mother. Long drive for me. After coming out of a slow winter with work doing construction I need to make my money when I could. After seeing those pictures makes me thing maybe I should have.

The wife had an appointment with a different ortorpoeds PA yesterday as she is having some issues with the knee replacement she had done in September. He recognized her as he had been in high school with her daughter.  I have never seen a PA that was so good at explaining what he need to tell her.

Capt Good luck on getting the houses sold so you can make the move to be  near your son and his family.

I have to get moving as the wife has to get some blood work done for the new PA. Then I have to go pick up some meds and a few groceries.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18259 on: Jan 14, 2020, 07:57 AM »
Morning all,

CapJ....that's great news, I'm so excited for you and Ellie as you start a new adventure  :thumbsup: :clap:  it is definitely not easy being away from the grandkids  :-\  good luck with the home sales and the move  :)  and don't be a stranger around here   ;)2   ;D

TT.....sorry to see MrsTT is having issues  :(  fingers crossed the new set of eyes will be able to find and fix the problem   :flex:

IW.....good luck today, looking forward to some pics   :icefish:

H2L....great job, congrats on your score  :flex: :thumbsup:

WS.....glad to see you're getting so much ice time (and a little envious  :blink::bow: :thumbsup: :icefish:  good luck with today's battle  :woot: :clap:

Eddie....hope your day goes by quickly, I know it's tough to go to work when there's other places you'd much rather be  ::)  maybe soon you can join the retired club  ???

The pole barn retrofit project went well, just waiting for the extra door panel to come in  :clap:  They had to cut a couple rafters and then "box" them in for support  :flex:  we're gaining about 16" which will ensure the new boat's windshield clears  :thumbsup:
Thursday we head to Niagara Fall for our yearly visit to the outdoor show out there  :)  this year my grandson will also be out there for a hockey tournament so it will be double the fun  :clap: :thumbsup:  Sunday afternoon we head towards WI to pick up the boat Monday afternoon, then head back home   ;)  hopefully we find the roads are pretty much clear by then  :-\

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18260 on: Jan 14, 2020, 10:15 AM »

Drifter, those are some very nice pike. As you may know, Sacandaga is known for it's big pike. It just doesn't get as COLD. In a couple of those pictures looks like it might have been above ZERO.

Might have been above zero F.
I think most of the pics were in February and it doesn't usually get that warm until March.

Weather update: Still colder than Hillary's heart here in the North.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18261 on: Jan 14, 2020, 10:47 AM »
Drifter......all I can say is WOW
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18262 on: Jan 14, 2020, 03:46 PM »
Good afternoon everyone  :bow:

Excellent pictures Dave :thumbsup: I could see my old Buick heading up to God's Country some day. Talk about some nice fish :bow:

It was a very quiet day in Shamu. I thought it would be a good day as the snow was coming down heavy as I made my way across the lake. About  a half hour into the sit it started blowing and sleeting, the water didn't get light until about 8:15. About 7:15 I had a good hit and figured I was on my way. It was a let down when I found out it was a small pike :%$#!:  That was it until another snot rocket nailed my jig with a fathead on it around cookie time ;D

As I was getting unloaded this morning a guy drove up and started visiting. He said he lived on the lake and spends a lot of time in the winter chasing walleyes. He said he usually gets a 28"-29" every winter but made mention that for whatever reason he has a heck of a time getting them to bite. He said a lot of times he goes home empty, which for some reason made feel a little better.

I took off around 1pm as I had snow to deal with from last night. Between the new snow and what we had there was about 5" built up. Tonight is suppose to be 1"-3" then cold on Thursday with a possibility of 10" of snow on Friday :whistle:

Hope everyone is having a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18263 on: Jan 14, 2020, 04:29 PM »

Excellent pictures Dave :thumbsup: I could see my old Buick heading up to God's Country some day. Talk about some nice fish :bow:

FYI, they now fly airplanes up here. ;)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18264 on: Jan 14, 2020, 10:36 PM »
Good One Dave  ;D
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18265 on: Jan 15, 2020, 02:44 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!
  36* with some NW wind this am, high of 40. Looking like some good cold weather arriving tomorrow night.

Marv...have you tried dropping any Jigging Raps or spoons tipped with minnows/heads down the hole for those Eyes yet? Thanks for sharing the report, best of luck out there with today’s adventure!   :thumbsup:
  Dave...I like your cold weather update... :roflmao:
  Bud...has there been anymore drone sightings lately out there?
  Wally...it might be a little while  yet before I can jump on the retired train unfortunately.  Very good news on the pole barn door, even better on the Niagara Falls trip...have a great time!   :clap:
  Tom... glad the storm wasn’t too bad, hope all went well for your wife yesterday.   :thumbsup:
  H2...technology has been a big game changer for everything from bowling to ice fishing!   ;D 
  Jeff...hope you guys hammered them yesterday! Good luck today if you’re heading back out.   :thumbsup:

Extended forecast showing less snow again for Saturday and some good ice making weather coming back into town here.  It’s been a strange start to the New Year weather wise.
  Back to the sidewalks again today...we didn’t even need to cover yesterday’s work with solar blankets...no frost in the ground in the immediate Albany area at the moment...that will change soon!   ;D
  Cawfee’s on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18266 on: Jan 15, 2020, 04:18 AM »

It's 34* and with mostly cloudy skies. ::)
                           Eddie...…….I was sure you'd be joining the retired bunch soon, but you have to do what you have to. :blink: Good luck with the sidewalks. :flex:
                           Drifter...…..X2 on the cold weather update. :roflmao:
                           Wally...…….I'm glad the barn door retrofit went well. :thumbsup: :flex: Have a nice trip to the Falls. :clap:
                           Tom...……..I hope your wife's appointment went well and the Dr. can figure what's going on with her knee. :whistle:
                           Marv...…….Unfortunately there are slow days in the fishing world, better luck today. :thumbsup:
                           Yesterday's fishing wasn't the best here, the lake we fished had dink Perch but there was a nice Crappie caught by Jon. I had 2 flags, the first
              one was a hit, run and spit. The 2nd one was a decent size Pickerel, sorry Wally no pictures, I left my phone in my truck.
                           I'm not fishing today, Jon and another are doing an afternoon trip and my wife had invited my #2 sons in laws for dinner.
                           I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18267 on: Jan 15, 2020, 05:51 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

+15 with cooler temps coming Thursday. They are still kicking around a 8"-15" dumping on Friday, may have to  either block the house up or pull it off.

Eddie if I think of it I will take a picture of all my walleye offerings. The under 17" fish seem eager to bite, the big girl just seems to have a "New Years" resolution going or something ;D

IW enjoy the dinner, sounds like a fun time :thumbsup:

WW sounds like some fun road trips coming up, safe travels :thumbsup:

I am off to Shamu.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18268 on: Jan 15, 2020, 05:55 AM »
35* this morning.
WW, sounds like a busy few days coming up. Have fun at the show, good luck to your grandson's team and have a safe trip to get the new boat.
The ice isn't looking very good over this way. It has that gray look and I see some of the holes have opened up. The shore line isn't looking very good either. Cold this weekend, but also some snow on the way.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18269 on: Jan 15, 2020, 06:49 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....at least you got on the ice again  :thumbsup:  enjoy your evening  ;)

WS....maybe you need to make the ole girl mad to get her to strike  :whistle:  good luck today  :)  hope your snow stays on the low end of the forecast  :-\

Eddie....saw one motorcycle on the road yesterday and unfortunately there was also a motorcycle accident locally that left the 22yo driver in critical condition  :'(  it was a nice day for January but certainly NOT bike weather  ::)

H2L....went by Oneida lake yesterday, mostly all open water again  :(   hope things don't semi-freeze before the snow this weekend  :blink: :pinch:

Today will be spent getting things done around the house and packing for tomorrow's departure  :)  My son and grandson are spending the night here on their way from MA to Buffalo, also leaving here tomorrow. Fingers crossed the weatherman is over estimating the weekend snow storm  :unsure: :whistle:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.