Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1616095 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #18270 on: Jan 15, 2020, 07:20 AM »
Eddie yeah the thing about the drone's is getting weird.  Drones ?? or are they  ::) :whistle:
Bud

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #18271 on: Jan 15, 2020, 07:35 PM »
Evening, Gang

Temps. got to the low 50's, a bit of a breeze, good amount of Sun, when I was walking the dog(Domino) this morning, I noticed a lot of trees are starting to show buds,
     not a good sign with the winter really not in full swing yet

Mrs. W.W. - Have a good trip to the Falls, and to get the 'Yacht'

I.W. - Enjoy dinner with the boys

Mason - The concrete trucks are moving around here like crazy, the guys are doing some crazy work with the weather being what it is

W.S. - Any luck today?

45 - How are you doing?

Cleaned out the work van today, after taking Domino for her Rabies shot, I have 2 laminate flooring jobs coming up, 1 this weekend for a school teacher who has a 3 day week-
     end with MLK day on Monday, only 145 sq. ft., but have to move a few items to be able to work, job #2 is bigger, 420 sq. ft., not so much moving, but a small piece is on
     the 2nd. floor, I just 'LOVE' stairs :-\, had to make room for the flooring for transport, if the weather stays like it has been, there won't be ice fishing this year, again  >:(
     shouldn't complain, thou, at least no slipping and/or sliding when driving

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Good Eats & Drink-Safe Travels-Happy Birthday-Happy Anniversary-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18272 on: Jan 15, 2020, 10:01 PM »
Good evening ER's I found another one of those plastic cases with 24 individual cases inside. I looked for them on the net and found them. They are a Bead storage system called Clear " EZ " View sold on Etsy. There neat. 6 1/4 by 4 1/2 by 1 7/8. Hope all are doing well. WW where you picking up the boat in WI? WS had to chuckle when your post said SIL has the fever.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #18273 on: Jan 16, 2020, 02:50 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Light snow falling 30*, looks like close to 2” on the ground, high of 37 today. Strong winds are suppose to be moving in later today bringing some good ice making weather behind them.

OG...thanks for the info, will have to take a peak at those cases. How’s the fishing been out there?   :thumbsup:
  Capt.J...everybody’s been taking advantage of the mild weather for sure..think that’s going to come to a halt here after today. Hope the flooring jobs go well.   :thumbsup:
  Bud...that’s a good question...keep us posted!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...safe travels to everyone today, best of luck to your grandson and the team!   :thumbsup:
  H2...hopefully the 30mph plus winds coming will take care of this snow today, single digits tonight should lock up a lot of those open holes. Amazed how much the reservoir came up.
  Marv...I probably should have asked what lures haven’t you tried yet, lol. Looking forward to yesterday’s trip, best of luck out there today!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...in a nutshell, it was going to cost me about a 1/3 of my pension in penalties to go out early, I couldn’t allow that to happen. Hope you had a great evening with your company, good luck if you’re heading out today!   :thumbsup:

We should be ok with today’s pour, but I hope like heck somebody wakes up and pulls the plug on our outside work after it’s done today...I don’t know what they’re smoking, but it is the middle of January isn’t it?   ;D  :cookoo:
  Time to get ready for the days events...Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18274 on: Jan 16, 2020, 04:20 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                        It's 29* and we have about 3" on the ground and that is suppose to be the total, still snowing. ::)
                        Eddie...…….I would go early either if it would cost a !/3 reduction in your retirement income. :cookoo: How much longer will you have to work? ???
                        Capt...……..This mild weather sure has extended the outside work but it's killing the ice fishing, where we fished last Friday there is now 6 to 8 feet
               of open shoreline. I hate planking to get on the ice. :%$#!:
                        Marv...…….I hope you can hook that ol' girl. :flex:
                        Wally...…...Safe travels to you and your family today, and have a good time. :clap:
                        H2L...……...Maybe the wind will blow a lot of the snow away, we really don't need the ice to be insulated when the cold temps move in. :blink:
                        Dinner last night was fun, we had corned beef and cabbage. #2's father in law is a retired telephone company executive and traveled all over
               the world, so there are always lots of stories to hear.
                        Not fishing today, I might go down to the "VA" to get new c-pap mask.
                        I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out on the headwater.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18275 on: Jan 16, 2020, 05:16 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:
r
-10 with a -27 wind chill and snow in the forecast. Tomorrow around noon through Saturday 10+ of snow. I need to do something with Shamu just not sure what. I either have to just block it up and leave it sit or bring it home. With all the snow the lake is going to flood bad and I don't want the house to get flooded and froze in. The winds Saturday are supposed to get around 40mph so drifting is going to be a problem.

Yesterday was fun with 3 pike hitting my Rattlin Trap and 1 large mouth Bass choking on it. I didn't see any walleyes so not sure what was up with them.

Eddie most of what I have been using is spoons, swimming baits, and plain hook and minnow on the dead stick. I have tried a variety of colors and sizes, tipping the baits or leaving them plain. The bigger fish are interested in jigging but lose interest when they get to the bait. The smaller walleyes seal the deal when they come to an active bait. One of the problems is the low numbers of walleyes in the lake, I only see 1-3 each morning before the northern move in. Not like the lakes I go to when I fish north 100 miles and have a day bite and good numbers. I am having fun but would love to hang the big one.

WW safe travels today :thumbsup:

Not sure on fishing this morning, it will depend on how stiff the wheeler is. I am thinking it may be a day at home.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18276 on: Jan 16, 2020, 05:29 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....sounds like a good day to stay inside  ;)   guessing bringing Shamu home might be the right move  :-\

Eddie.....no sense giving up THAT much $$$ to leave early  :blink:  hope you don't have too many more outside days left this year  :wacko:

IW.....glad you had a nice evening  :clap:  hopefully this cold snap locks the lakes again and most of the snow blows off   :)

OG.....we're heading for Pleasant Prairie  @)

TT.....hope MrsTT's blood work & appointment went well  ;)2

Heading out mid day, hoping the storm totals stay on the low end  :whistle:  will be checking in over the next few days but might not post much as I hate typing on the phone  ::)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18277 on: Jan 16, 2020, 06:06 AM »
Good Morning. 30* and 2 inches or so of snow.
DEC was out late yesterday with their air boat to check on a shanty that had settled part way into the ice. He said the ice doesn't look very good at all. Very few shanties on the lake. I can see only one on the Northville end. This snow isn't going to help.

WS, weather conditions out your way don't sound very good. Hope "big Tuna" returns.

WW, be safe.

Eddie, some cold but also some snow coming for the weekend. Do you have a long weekend coming up?

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18278 on: Jan 16, 2020, 07:47 AM »
Good Morning all. Holy crap WS keep an update on the weather here if you can. WW I looked up Pleasant Praire glad it's south of Milwaukee as the Milw. harbor had some severe flooding recently. Eddie hope the indoor season starts soon. Wishing all good health.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18279 on: Jan 16, 2020, 08:03 AM »
IFF- My much better half went to get her diabetes drugs yesterday. A one month supply of insulin was over $800.00. Talk about sticker shock. So the pharmacist made a couple calls. She was able to get a three month supply for just over $50.00 total. Something to look into.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18280 on: Jan 16, 2020, 09:11 AM »
IFF- My much better half went to get her diabetes drugs yesterday. A one month supply of insulin was over $800.00. Talk about sticker shock. So the pharmacist made a couple calls. She was able to get a three month supply for just over $50.00 total. Something to look into.
The drug companies are pretty good about making it "less painful". There is no way we could afford all the meds we have had to get after the wife's transplant. Glad things are working out for you..h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18281 on: Jan 16, 2020, 09:26 PM »
Been on the couch all week with the flu.
Good thing as it's still as cold as space out there.  ;)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18282 on: Jan 16, 2020, 10:36 PM »
Good evening had a post all typed out this morning then lost my internet connection. Colder weather coming tomorrow and snow-Wintry mix on Saturday. Very windy today while temperature reached the low forties felt much colder with the wind chill. I'm not sure if it is the coming weather change or something else was out shopping earlier this evening leave the store and my vehicle will not start. I called a friend thankfully he was home we looked under the hood and were not sure how to jump my vehicle appears the on-board computer sits on top of battery found on terminal but not the second. So tomorrow I will contact my garage and have them see if we can start the vehicle and then drive to the shop and have them look over the vehicle. Hopefully a minor repair.
Eddie must have been fun trying to cover any concrete you poured today with the wind. Hope you start working inside next week.
Ice Wanderer good to read you had a nice dinner with son#2's in-laws. His Fil must have plenty of good stories from his working days.
Hunts2long I see there is a photo posted of the shanty in the GSL thread. Going to be a chore to recover it.
Tomturkey may the new ortho.PA help your wife with the knee problem.
Wallyworld hope all of you had safe trips to Niagara Falls and Buffalo. Best to your grandson and his teammates at the tournament. Enjoy the outdoors show.
Drifter sorry to read the flu has gotten you this year.
Whopper Stopper did you block up or beach Shamu to protect it for the coming weather.
Capt.Jim  may all go well with the flooring jobs.
UFCreel thanks for the info. on insulin makes you wondrer what cost is to drug companies if you can get that big of a price difference.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18283 on: Jan 17, 2020, 02:45 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  11* at the moment with strong NW winds, low of 7 before warming up to 17 today...we’ll take it!   :thumbsup:

Steve...sorry to hear about the car problem. Not familiar with your vehicle, but wonder if that one terminal is the positive and you ground to the vehicle possibly? Hope it’s a just a bad battery, best of luck today.   :thumbsup:
  Drifter...hope you’re feeling better today! Looks like some of your cold weather has finally seeped down here, awesome picture!   :thumbsup:
  UFC...wow, that’s incredible!!  :clap: :bow:
  H2...yes, long weekend coming up...fingers crossed the snow stays on the low side tomorrow.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope the roads weren’t too bad traveling yesterday...enjoy the show!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...best of luck with your decision today, tough choice! Another good trip and report.   :clap:  :thumbsup:
  Jeff...I’m hoping to only have to go 2 more years, we’ll see, scheduling another appointment soon.  :%$#!:

Believe it or not, they’ve got concrete ordered for this morning at 7am, lol....can’t see that happening, but one never knows the thought process of some of these people.   :cookoo:
  Time to warm up the truck...Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18284 on: Jan 17, 2020, 05:21 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 3* and clear out  this morning, a high of 13* is the forecast from the guessers. ::)
                          Eddie...…….Concrete, Holy cow! Who schedules these things? ??? 2 years will go pretty fast. :clap: I was talking to MW last night and he seems
                 to think Lake George will freeze over next week. :unsure: :clap: :thumbsup: We'll see. ???
                          UF...………..That's outrageous, the cost of that, I'm glad the pharmacist made the call. :thumbsup:
                          Marv...…...If it was me, I'd get Shamu home where it will be safe. :thumbsup:
                          Wally...…. I hope you had a safe ride out, the wind in Albany was horrific yesterday, it almost blew me off my feet. :o
                          Steve...…..They put so much stuff on these vehicles these days, they want you to go the dealer for repairs. :%$#!: I hope it's an easy fix. :unsure:
                          H2L...……..I've seen sinking shanties before, most wait till the ice tightens up and take a chain saw and cut them at ice line! :cookoo: :%$#!:
                          Drifter...….I hope you're feeling better. :thumbsup:
                          Not much going on today, my wife has a dry run for her radiation treatments then I think we will go to a furniture store and look at some new
                 dressers, mine are old and need of an upgrade.
                          I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out on some ice.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18285 on: Jan 17, 2020, 06:17 AM »
6* and clear this morning. Looks like a little skim ice out front but I am sure there is some current flowing. I know yesterday the ice had broken up down past the bridge almost to Sport Island. At 3Pm yesterday there was a guy setting out tip-ups about 100yds from the open water.
When a shanty sinks into the ice, it has to be a pretty good indication on the condition of the ice.
It depends on what weather report you read, one says 3 to 5 inches, another says 7 to 17. Guess I will be able to tell by Sunday.
Going to Albany today with the wife. She has to be fingerprinted. She has applied for a part time job, taking the census.
I think maybe I should look at the manual for the Jeep and see where my battery is hidden.
Hope everyone has a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18286 on: Jan 17, 2020, 09:30 AM »
Good morning my GMC is up and running the garage I bought the vehicle from is a short walk from my home so was there around 8:15 this morning. Drove over to the supermarket where I left the GMC over night and jump started it then went to the garage and they installed a new battery no charge cost to me for the battery or service call. interesting set up in the engine compartment the terminal and ground used for jump starting are by the fuse box the battery is behind the front grill under the on-board computer. So you have to remove a plastic cover and the computer to get at the battery then you nedd to remove part of the plastic trim on top of the grill and a metal strap to remove the battery. Now at least I know how to jump start the vehicle.
Eddie think you will be using many of your mason's tricks of the trade if your pour more concrete today.
Ice Wanderer depending on how much ice cover was left on Lake George and it's condition after last weekend weather the coming cold weather may not be enough to produce "Safe" ice. I respect Mealworm for his optimistic thinking. May your wife have a good "dry run" today. Have fun furniture shopping don't get sticker shock when you see the prices for solid wood dressers verus the OSB and veneer ones.
Hunts2long the battery on your Jeep may be under the front passengers seat depending on the model and year. They were working on a Jeep at the shop and told me that was where it's battery was located. Leaves me shaking my head wondering what the car designers and engineers are thinking. Don't mean to discourage your wife but she should think about the census job if she will have to be out in the weather and talking/meeting with many people handing out the census form. She does not need any set backs to her health. I admire her for wanting to get out of the house and do some things.
Icefisher-45 getting a little concerned must be close to a week since your last post. Hope it is computer and not health problems for you or your wife that is keeping you from posting.
Drifter may you be on the road to recovery from the flu.
Wallyworld if your grandson's team played last night hope they won their game. Don't blow your bank account buying accessory items for the new boat.
Whopper Stopper did you pull Shamu from the ice and beach her. ;D ;D

Snow totals from tomorrow's storm for my region of NY. vary from 1 to 7 inches depending on the forecaster. Like H2l said guess I will know on Sunday when the storm ends.
Have a good Friday and be careful if yiu need to travel tomorrow.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18287 on: Jan 17, 2020, 11:36 AM »
Still down with the sickness but I think I'm on the back half of this thing.
Warmer here today. :)

Too sick to go out and play this weekend though, but next weekend looks downright tropical.  ;D

For you guys expecting this snow event you should thank your lucky stars you're not in Newfoundland.
They're gonna get pounded by 2 feet of snow whipped by 80+ MPH winds.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/atlantic-canada-major-winter-storm-significant-snow-blizzard-conditions-for-newfoundland

Forgot to mention that I had a knock at the door after dinner last night.
Now where I live I don't get many visitors so I was surprised.
It was a dude from the sheriffs office with a lovely summons for me.  :-\
I was like, well who did I piss off now?   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Turns out I've been called for jury duty.  :afro:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18288 on: Jan 17, 2020, 01:51 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

+12 degrees waiting on the snow event to show up, AccuWeather says 70 minutes until show time. They are still saying at least 10" with 45mph winds so we will see. If it missed us I wouldn't hold it against them.

Dave glad to read you are still still above the sod :clap: I had jury duty once. Guess they didn't like the answers I gave, they sent me home.

Eddie I hope come Monday you guys find yourselves indoors :thumbsup:

IW hope you find something you like at the furniture store :thumbsup:

WW hope your ride was a good one, enjoy the show and hockey :thumbsup:

mr.clean good going on the truck fix, you can't beat that :thumbsup:

Well Shamu is home. I went out before first light and cut the hole out and fished for 4 hours. I caught 2 pike and lost a VMC Tingler. About 8:15 I spotted a walleye checking out my bait, I didn't even see when it left it was so dark. About 8:45 the s-i-l showed up just in time to see the "Tuna" cruise thru. Today it didn't even give the bait a second look, at least we had one more peak at her.

In all we saw 4 pike,  2 other walleyes, 1 Large mouth bass. They definitely were moving before the storm. The pike were hungry and the bass bit, no go with the Walters.

The wind started picking up and we decided the time had come. I threw a rope over the trailer hitch and gave it a good jerk, nothing. I knew it was froze down but thought I would give it a try. I took the chisel and chopped along the side opposite the trailer, then put a 2x4 down to pry against and the house popped loose. It was far easier than I was expecting. I pulled it to shore with the 4 wheeler, hooked it up and headed for home.

Hope you are all having an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18289 on: Jan 17, 2020, 06:14 PM »
I got out on the ice last night at Cherry Creek, before the heavy winds came in today.  Not a lot of catching but at least I got out and had company.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18290 on: Jan 18, 2020, 03:45 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 2* and mostly clear here on my hill, snow expected to start early this afternoon. ::)
                         Marv...……..I guess you got Shamu off the ice just in time and is home safe and sound. :flex:
                         Steve...…….The theory the snow today through tomorrow will help the lake freeze and the cold temps afterwards. I hope it works that way. :blink:
                The reason manufactures put the battery in such insane places is they don't want the average Joe do his own work and have to go to the dealers for repairs :%$#!: :%
                         Eddie...…... How did your concrete pour go yesterday. ??? Are you and the boys hitting the ice before the snow comes? :unsure:
                         Drifter...…...I've been summoned twice for jury duty and because of my work experiences, I got excused. One case sounded interesting and I was hoping
                 that I would sit on the jury. ;D
                         H2L...………..I have fished as close as 10' from open water, the ice was 10" thick where I was. The open water wasn't that big of an area so that a piece
                 would break off and float away. :o
                         Wally...……..I hope you and Mr. WW are having a good time?
                         My wife's dry run went well yesterday and was told that she would only need 21 treatments, once a day Monday through Friday and the last one will be
                 February 16th, that made her day. Then we went furniture shopping and the second place had a nice looking bedroom set but I showed my wife that the
                drawers weren't dovetailed, they were just slotted and glued. So we gave up in the Glens Falls area and were on our way home and we passed a place called
                Bare Bones Furniture so we went in and found a nice set and I purchased it. They didn't have the King size bed in stock, so we won't get it until mid February.
                         When we got home I started working I started installing a wash tub in my basement from Home Depot and I have to use a under the sink pump to get
                rid of the water, when I opened the box for the pump the intake pipe was broken off so off to Home Depot this morning. :%$#!:
                         I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out.

IW 

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18291 on: Jan 18, 2020, 04:33 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Fairly calm and 6* on the Hill this am, high of 22 today. Snow is suppose to start around noon, 3-6” expected.

Bud...glad you had a chance to get out and drill a few holes, nice! How was the ice?   :thumbsup:
  Marv...good decision taking Shamu off the lake yesterday before the storm hit, glad it wasn’t too much of a PITA getting it free, and thanks for sharing the trip!   :clap:  Hopefully the snow stays on the low side.
  Dave...good story, lol. Hope you’re feeling a little better today ...thanks for sharing some of that cooler weather with us!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...great news on your vehicle and the service, can’t beat that.  :clap:  The way they build these new vehicles today, the simplest of things you once could do require ridiculous amounts of labor hours. At least your aware now on how to jump start it.  :thumbsup:
  H2...that’s great your wife is going to take on the census job, good luck to her!   :clap:  Did you have to go to City Hall?
  Jeff...our supervisor did the scheduling, and we poured the sidewalks yesterday....it was -5* with the wind chill when the truck pulled in.  :cookoo:  Glad all went well for your wife yesterday and you found what you were looking for furniture shopping.  :thumbsup:

Thought for certain someone would have the smarts to cancel concrete yesterday, but they didn’t, truck was on time and we poured...no enclosure and no heat source.  ;D  Some parts of it began to freeze before we even had a chance to put a finish on it. Oh well... that’s what happens when smarter people than us make these types of decisions. I’ll bite my tongue now, lol.  :roflmao:
  Might check some local ice to see how the shorelines are before the snow comes. The recent cold weather should have helped lock them back up and some of those big holes that opened last week.
  Cawfee’s on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18292 on: Jan 18, 2020, 04:45 AM »

Good morning again ER's,
                          I thought this to be interesting about Lake George, it's the water temp. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18293 on: Jan 18, 2020, 04:51 AM »
Looking good Jeff!!   :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18294 on: Jan 18, 2020, 05:06 AM »
Morning all,

The trip out wasn’t too bad, not much snow. More on it’s way today!! Two games yesterday both losing ones. Hope the two today turn out better!! The kids are playing their hearts out!!

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18295 on: Jan 18, 2020, 06:11 AM »
6* this morning. Bowling is still on for this afternoon.
Drifter, I have been called a few times and only served once. Since the wife's transplant I have gotten out of it.
WS, best that Shamu is home safe. I take it you will be able to go right back to the same spot. Then again a new spot just might be where "Big Tuna" is having breakfast.
IW, the best to the wife. We will be thinking of her and it will be Feb. 16th before you know it.
WW, sorry about the losses. Good Luck to them today.

The census job doesn't require going into the homes so that shouldn't be an issue. Also it doesn't start until late March, early April so weather "should" have changed. We will see how it goes.

Eddie, she had to go to one of the big hotels out by Crossgate Mall. Fingerprint, picture then they do back ground check. Some time in late March there is training.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18296 on: Jan 18, 2020, 07:19 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

The snow event was a flop but we still received about 7". The second part of the storm will start in about 4 hours when the wind gets going around 40mph and the temps will drop closer to 0. I am happy the house is home, time will tell if I put it back or find a new spot. like h2l alluded to, the "Big Tuna" is still there and finding her dinner area would be exciting.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18297 on: Jan 18, 2020, 07:26 AM »
Eddie, a surprising good 6.5 Won't be seeing my until I get back from my trip west 2/2
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18298 on: Jan 18, 2020, 08:48 AM »
Good morning 15 degrees outside  according to the Weather Channel them storm is forecast to hit my region of NY. around 1 PM may see 2-6 inches before it ends as rain on Sunday morning. Depending on the wind might get out and shovel once before the storm ends I hate shovel wet heavy snow any rain will cause strains the back muscles. I did spend some money on the GMC yesterday finally had a spare key made for the vehicle cheaper then I expected only 75 dollars also found out the vehicle has remote start feature. Really need to get an owners manual think I will visit the local GMC dealership and have them order me one.
Eddie guess your supervisors don't worry about wasting tax payer's money I think you will be Jack Hammering out yesterday's pour during next period of warmer weather or this Spring and repouring new concrete. Hope you find improving ice conditions on your scouting trip.
Ice Wanderer that is great news for your wife. :clap: :thumbsup: I think there maybe some truth to the theory of snow cooling the lake water temperature and promoting ice formation. But on lakes of Lake George's size and depth not sure one storm will make any difference.  Sounds like you found some good quality furniture to replace your old bed room set. i was going to suggest visiting an antique or second hand store sometimes you find quality built furniture at a reasonable price though not all second hand store want furniture guess most folks want today's fashions or put price over quality when we were cleaning out the house the ASPCA connected thrift store I contacted would only take certain items. We did seel a few pieces to one of my sister's coworkers  one of her children had recently left the nest and was furnishing their apartment.
wallyworld may your grandson's team do better today. How is the outdoors show. Safe travels to you when you head for WI.to get the boat.
Hunts2long seems a little snow does not stop things for you North Country of NY. folks best to you if you go to the bowling alley. Given the details you provided about the census job it may be a good thing for your wife.
IFF Glad you got an ice fishing trip in before heading out to visit your brother.
Drifter I've been called for jury duty three times the last in May of 2018. i got picked to be on the jury for a civil suit between a home owner and a building contractor thankfully they reached a settlement during second day of court proceedings. The lawyers involve still selected me even after I told them I would have to change my sleep patterns as I worked the grave yard shift I ended up taking majority of the week off from work as the case started on a Wednesday.
Whopper Stopper seen some footage from the Twin Cities Jungle on the Weather Channel things look a little  tricky for travel out your way. Sorry your had to bring Shamu home hopefully if your place the shanty in a new spot on the same lake like H2L said it will be over "Tuna" walleye's dining table.
OldSailor may you not be among the Ohio residents going through the power outage mentioned by the weather Chanel.
TomTurkey looks like like there maybe some flooding along lake Michigan's shorelines from this storm. Hope your wife's knee is doing better.

May everyone in Winter Storm Jacob's path come through with only minor hassle of snow clean up/removal.   I would appreciate it if all of you would keep my nephew in your thoughts and prayers to day he is supposed to fly from Los Angeles to Newark,NJ. later today. He does change planes in Washington,DC. hoping he gets home on early Sunday morning with out any major delays or having to spend the night in Washington,DC. and coming home on late Sunday or Monday. Thank You.

Have a good Saturday.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18299 on: Jan 18, 2020, 09:08 AM »
I would appreciate it if all of you would keep my nephew in your thoughts and prayers to day he is supposed to fly from Los Angeles to Newark,NJ. later today. He does change planes in Washington,DC. hoping he gets home on early Sunday morning with out any major delays or having to spend the night in Washington,DC. and coming home on late Sunday or Monday. Thank You.

Have a good Saturday.
 Steve

Best wishes and prayers sent for your nephew mr.clean :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.