Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1621696 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #18210 on: Jan 10, 2020, 06:43 AM »
21* and some clouds.

WS, the new house seems to be doing the trick. You are catching some pike. Has the lake produced some big pike over the years? Good luck today.

Eddie, I knew Jim's father when he ran the shop. Now that Dave's Bait is closed, Jim's is about the only place that is open "early" in the morning. Not sure how long Fish Attractor has been in business but I checked his FB page and I see he does Bass fishing on Sacandaga. Glad you ran into one of "good guys".

WW, I thought of you yesterday when I saw a guy going down Rt. 30 on his motorcycle. It was 18* outside. He must be getting ready for this weekends warm-up.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18211 on: Jan 10, 2020, 07:23 AM »
Morning all,

H2L......yesterday definitely wouldn't have been my pick of days to ride  :nono:  :blink: 

IW.....hope yesterday's appointment went well  ;)  good luck on the ice today  :icefish:

WS.....that crazy eye MUST be getting hungry by now  :whistle:  good luck  :icefish:

Eddie......sounds like a couple really nice guys  :thumbsup: :clap:  got to love the "down home" bait shops  ;)2

IFF.....that's an insane jump in price  :wacko: :%$#!:  does CO have any programs that work with medicare to help with the cost of prescriptions  ???

MrC......assume you're getting straight rain today in your neck of the woods  ???

TT/CapJ......hope all is well with both of you and yours  :)

Freezing rain here this morning, cars are creeping by  :o  supposed to change over to rain later as temps rise. I'll be staying in until things improve outside  ;)2 :whistle:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18212 on: Jan 10, 2020, 08:26 AM »
IFF contact the maker of her insulin. Many pharmaceutical companies have programs that reduce the cost. Some even give their product away. No harm in trying. Supposed to get some snow here. we will see. Maybe even some cold. 40* right now. All the best folks. Charlie.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18213 on: Jan 10, 2020, 10:32 AM »
Good morning overcast gray sky no rain falling yet but looks like it could start at any time. In the mid thirties currently heading to a high of fifty if the weather guessers are correct.
IFF received a message last night from a 9:45 regular with a big chicken in their avatar telling me today is your birthday. Best wishes and have a great day. Good suggestion from UFCreel hopefully you can find a program that lowers the cost of your wife's insulin.
Whopper Stopper may your or your SIL catch that walleye today. To bad you can not use perch for bait I've read many articles about walleye consuming them and that is why perch activity slows down in late afternoon and through out  the night as perch do not see that good in low light conditions compared to walleye so harder for the perch to avoid them so they take cover during the low light hours of the day.
Eddie good story a small act of kindness is the best free advertising that guide can get for his business. Glad there are still independent well stocked bait shops in the areas of NY. that you fish. May you and your son/sons see more fish action on the next trip.
Ice Wanderer hope your wife had a good appointment with the radiologist and will only need a short course of radiation treatment. Best to Jon and you at Schroon Lake today.
Hunts2long is the Bait shop Eddie stopped at right on route 30 if so I was there once when on my way to Speculator,NY.(Hamilton county region of the Adirondacks) for a few days of ice fishing. Nice shop my friend and i were surprised how at that time the fire arms for sale were not under lock and you pick them off the display rack and the bullets were on another table this was in 2005 or 2007. Shops in my area of NY. have the fire arms display behind a counter or locked into the display rack and you need a sales person to get the fire arm you want to look at for possible purchase. Hope this weekend's weather does not set back the ice conditions in your area and you can get out on GSL or another lake before months end.
Wallyworld smart idea in waiting for weather conditions to improve before doing any traveling. I will probably send the next couple of days doing some house cleaning which I put off for to long.
UFCreel may you be able to ice fish on some local lakes after this weekend's weather. The best to you and your family .
TomTurkey,Capt.Jim ditto Wallyworld's words.
Drifter_016 may the cold not be affecting your home heating system and vehicles.

Have a good Friday. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18214 on: Jan 10, 2020, 10:44 AM »
Steve tomorrow :roflmao:

But I am willing to celebrate  a couple days.

Happy pre birthday Bud :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Still fishing. We saw the hog at 8:30, no luck.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18215 on: Jan 10, 2020, 12:25 PM »
Cold again here in the North country.
A balmy -40 with ice fog this AM.
Luckily not much in the way of wind.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18216 on: Jan 10, 2020, 04:29 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Drifter hope you made it through the day with nothing turning purple ??? Here is something for you

Rum Hot Toddy

4 to 6 ounces hot water, varies on cup size
1 ounce or 2 tablespoons spice rum (recommended: Captain Morgan)
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 lemon
Cinnamon sugar, to taste   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Eddie heck of a nice story, I'd be going back there with my business. :thumbsup:

IW hope you guys had some luck today :thumbsup:

WW hope you had a good indoor day, I hope the weather cleared up for you.

h2l most years I see at least 1- 20 pound pike. The most was 3 during a winter but 2 may have been the same fish. I have never been able to get any pictures or video but they would come in and look the decoy over before taking off. 3 years running I speared a ten pound northern for a neighbor lady.  She liked them that size for baking and would make it for her family when all the kids came home around New Years. Most of the time I just enjoy trying to get them to come in and sight fishing is a blast, a lot like hunting.

Today the s-i-l and I sat in the house from just before light until 2pm. I left her jig and I tended to the dead stick which only produced one pike. It seemed slow but she caught 5, I got 1, and one just passed by, again the bigges was around 4 pounds.

At 8:15 who showed up but the big walleye. It passed on the jig, turned it's nose up at the shiner and swam off :%$#!: I had to laugh at how excited the s-i-l got when she saw it. I do believe she caught the fever :roflmao: I'm not sure if we are heading out tomorrow or not, but am thinking we will.

Hope you all have an excellent evening :thumbsup: Stay safe, and in some cases warm.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18217 on: Jan 10, 2020, 05:12 PM »
Gonna fire up the slow cooker. ;)
Need to add some veggies to the recipe though.

Time to spear that insulant walleye!!!!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18218 on: Jan 10, 2020, 07:10 PM »
Good evening, oops wondered why no one else wished IFF a Happy Birthday. (assume I'm not the only one WS messaged)
Whopper Stopper glad you and your SIL had a good day wish I knew more about walleyes and had some tip to help you catch the hog. Have you tried different species of minnows on the dead stick if you an find various species at bait shops in your area.
Drifter_016 looks like the perfect comfort food meal for a cold night. Enjoy!
Icefisher-45 may you and the wife be feeling better.

Have a good night folks.
 Steve

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18219 on: Jan 10, 2020, 08:47 PM »
Thought I better take time to post so you all know I am still kicking. Been busy with the other place and working on this place. Might be with out power after what is guessed to hit us after mid night through tomorrow. UP to a half inch of ice guessed for here so we may be with out power again. It was out for 4 hours early in the week. No clue why.

WW That is a sharp boat. It should make you able fish in a little rougher weather. Hope  fully you can find a decent  bit of weather to bring it home.

WS Maybe that walleye might be interested in a jigging spoon or some thing bigger.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18220 on: Jan 11, 2020, 12:13 AM »
Thanks for the B-day wishes.  Have to work tomorrow, crew is pretty thin.  With half of the crew off to an RV show. Still haven't got the clerk position filled and one on a hunting trip to Texas.

Mrs back for another scan.  they want to check on what looked like a lesion on her liver.

Haven't been able to get any ice time in yet.  Got told good 5.5 solid ice on Cherry Creek and some have been catching some legal eyes.  Heard its to dip down to 10* tonight.

going to catch a flight out the 25th to Seattle to spend some time with an older brother that hasn't been doing very well of late.  Mrs will be on her own for 8 days. 

take care all.

Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18221 on: Jan 11, 2020, 03:16 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Bud I hope your brothers situation whatever it is gets better. Happy Birthday late. Maybe someone could keep an eye on Mrs. IFF while your gone.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18222 on: Jan 11, 2020, 04:53 AM »

Good morning Bud, OG, ER's,
                              It's 38* and light rain is falling. I have been getting flood warnings on my phone. ::)
                              Bud...……..Happy Belated Birthday, and safe travels to your brothers and he can recover from what ails him! :flex:
                              Marv...…...There is something wrong with that Walleye, doesn't want an easy meal or it's smart and sees the line attached to that minnow. :whistle:
                              Eddie...…...Are you heading out this morning, I didn't see rain on the radar down by you? ???
                              Steve?Wally………...My wife's appointment went well, the radiology dept. was busy they did a cat scan on her then the tattooed two spots so they know
                where to target the radiation. She goes back next Thursday for a dry run then her first round of radiation will start on the 20th. She will go once a day five days
                a week for six to eight weeks. :blink:
                              Drifter...…..The ice fog must really put a coating on everything. ???
                              I-45...……...I hope you and your wife are feeling better. :flex:
                              Yesterdays trip to Schroon Lake was a fairly good one, Jon landed a good Laker about 26" and a nice 20" Salmon, he also had to shorter Lakers.
                 I came home with one Laker. Ice was good about eight inches but after this up coming rain event I don't know what it will be like.
                              I hope everyone has a Good Saturday either at work or out on the hardwater.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18223 on: Jan 11, 2020, 05:22 AM »
Good morning OG, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

-1 with a 15mph breeze.

Happy Birthday Bud! Sorry to hear your Brother isn't doing well, we will keep him in our prayers.

Heading out to Shamu in a few. The lake promises to be a wild one today with all the people moving in, it will either stir the fish up or shut them down.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #18224 on: Jan 11, 2020, 05:45 AM »
Good Morning OG, Jeff, Marv,  Morning Everyone,
  Mostly cloudy 41* this am, high of 59 today with rain coming late afternoon/evening.

Happy Birthday Bud!   :clap:  Sorry to read of your brothers health problems, best wishes sent his way from NY Sir.   :thumbsup:
  Tom...have been wondering how you’re doing, glad to hear you’ve been keeping busy! Hope the ice storm doesn’t commit a power failure.   :thumbsup:
  Drifter...some fine looking comfort food....how’d it turn out?   :thumbsup:  Looks like it’s going to be somewhere in the area of a 90-100 degree temperature difference between here and there today...I might be eating ice cream out on the ice today before they both melt.   ;D.   That ice fog is crazy looking, awesome pictures! 
  Marv...great report, sounds like the spear house is definitely in a good spot! Congrats to you both on a good outing, maybe today is the day for that big old eye...best of luck!   :thumbsup: :clap:
  Steve...I mentioned to the owner of the shop that I spend some time here on IceShanty and would make a post. Will definitely be getting a few more visits there this season!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...heard things got pretty nasty out your way yesterday! Was definitely a good day to be inside.   :thumbsup:
  H2...I figured you would know the owner of the shop for sure, very good guy and you’re right about being open earlier than the rest of the bait shops...a big plus, that’s what brought us there!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...congrats to you and Jon on a good trip, nice job on the Lakers!  :clap:  Best wishes sent for your wife’s treatments coming up.  :thumbsup:  No rain expected here until later, 60 degree temps and rain to boot again tomorrow.  :cookoo: :%$#!:

Glad you liked the story, it was pretty condensed on what took place at the bait shop....didn’t have time to mention the 30-40mph winds that came in mid morning and all afternoon, whiteout conditions, snow twisters forming, then the sun would pop out, repeat...it was crazy! ;D   :clap:   Really fealt bad for the poor guy who tried taking down a hub by himself in it...that was bad news!
  Heading to a local lake to see if I can get on, if not, have a small lake that isn’t too far to try. Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18225 on: Jan 11, 2020, 06:40 AM »
Good Morning. 36* with some fog.
IFF, Happy Birthday, a little late. Thoughts and prayers for your brother.
WS, 20lb is a very nice pike. A 10 pounder on a spear has to be a blast. Glad you, or should I say s-I-l, are getting some fish. Can't wait to see that walleye on the ice.
IW, pretty sure the shop you saw with guns was Franks. He doesn't open early. The shop that Eddie went to is Jim's and is just off Rt. 30 in Mayfield.
It was pretty icy around here most of Friday. They kept a lot of salt on the roads but the driveway was pretty bad. Stayed right around 32/33 degrees most of the day with light rain. Started warming up about 8pm.
Have a good day....h2l

Eddie, hope you find some ice and put some fish on it...
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18226 on: Jan 11, 2020, 07:14 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....happy birthday  :clap:  thoughts and prayers to your brother, hope things improve for him  :-\  fingers crossed MrsIFF's scan turns out negative

WS....hope the crowds don't scare all the fish away  :nono:  I can imagine how exciting/frustrating t is to watch the fish come in then turn tail  ::)  sometimes perch fishing shallow I can watch them swimming around, makes it hard to wait for an actual bite  :roflmao: :whistle:

IW....sounds like a good day on the lake  :flex: :thumbsup:  the 50+ temps/rain/wind will definitely take a toll on things  :(

Eddie.....spud spud spud  ;)2  good luck  :icefish:

TT......looking at next weekend to bring her home  :thumbsup: :clap:

H2L....50* here this morning    :o   :pinch:  pretty much takes care of all the snow and ice  ::)

Looks like a spring day today  :(  tomorrow's more of the same  :( 

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18227 on: Jan 11, 2020, 07:15 AM »
Good morning all. No snow as of yet.  ::) Plenty of rain. 29 now. We will see what the day has instore. Good day all. Charlie.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18228 on: Jan 11, 2020, 12:48 PM »
Eddie haven't been to the store to buy the ingredients yet.

Having a hard time getting my arse off the couch today for some reason.
::)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #18229 on: Jan 11, 2020, 01:09 PM »
Good afternoon ER's!! It's in the mid 60's and raining.  :%$#!: My wife seems to be about a week behind IW's wife. She has some more tests and then starts radiation on the 29th. It'll be about the same schedule as IW's wife. I hope everyone has a good Saturday with whatever's on the planner!! :thumbsup:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18230 on: Jan 11, 2020, 01:32 PM »
Good afternoon ER's!! It's in the mid 60's and raining.  :%$#!: My wife seems to be about a week behind IW's wife. She has some more tests and then starts radiation on the 29th. It'll be about the same schedule as IW's wife. I hope everyone has a good Saturday with whatever's on the planner!! :thumbsup:
              OS, Good luck to your wife with her treatment! :flex: :clap: :thumbsup:

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18231 on: Jan 11, 2020, 04:59 PM »
Good evening everyone  :bow:

We had an excellent day out at Shamu. We caught a few small pike and 2 small crappies.

We saw the big gal and 2 other pretty nice walleyes. We had four carp in the 15-18 pound range go through the center of the hole, 2 pretty nice bass 17"-18", and 7 pike nothing big. I told the s-i-l if we had an 8" hole and a finder we would have seen a few red lines but wouldn't of had a clue how big these fish were.

One of the bass took 3 jabs at the s-i-l's Rattlin Rap. On the 3erd jab it inhaled it and she set the hook. The Rap popped out and the bass swam off, man she was mad  :roflmao: On the other bass almost the same thing happened except it left hers and took my shiner on a plain hook and left with it. I waited until it was out of sight and the line tightened up and set the hook. I got what paddy shot at :%$#!:

The walleyes all checked out the Tingler and minnow head but none of them had an interest. The big one stopped to check out the dead stick but soon moved on.

When we were loading up a guy with a house about 40 yards from mine came out and was telling me about a monster Walleye that paid him a visit. I listened as he excitedly told his story. I never told him I knew the old girl well, but as I listened I was already working out my plan to use on that cow tomorrow ;D

Hope you all have an excellent night :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18232 on: Jan 11, 2020, 08:02 PM »
Good evening made it to the lower sixties today for temperature high. Rain and winds coming over night most of the Catskills and South Eastern NY. under a wind advisory tomorrow.
Tomturkey may you not have gone through any power failures due to ice build up from the storm.
IFF hope you had a great day May your brothers health improve and wife's scan be negative. Hope you get some time to ice fish before going to see your brother.
Ice Wanderer good to read Jon and you had a good trip to Schroon Lake. Keeping your wife in my thoughts and prayers.
Eddie hope conditions were better if you got out today. May Jim's bait shop get some business from your post here on Ice Shanty.
Hunts2long I was the one talking about guns at bait/sporting goods shop. The shop I was in was close to Amsterdam.
Wallyworld may you have good weather for your trip to WI. to get the boat.
UFCreel how did the day turn out weather wise sounds like you were in for a mix of weather.
Drifter do any food markets in Yellow Knife have shopping on-line and delivery. Nice for those minus 40 C days. :whistle:
OldSailor best to your wife with her radiation treatments.
Icefisher-45 hope the colds did not turn into something worse may you and the wife be getting better.
Whopper Stopper glad you and your SIL caught some fish today. Have you thought of using just a bare treble hook tipped with a minnow head to catch the big girl or leave the Tingler spoon unbaited.

A safe a good night to all.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18233 on: Jan 11, 2020, 08:09 PM »
Mr. C unfortunately not.
Took most of the day but I finally got up off me arse and went out to buy food.
Not leaving the couch tomorrow.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18234 on: Jan 11, 2020, 09:06 PM »
Just came home from a banquet we had to attend tonight.....it’s 64* outside  :o a beautiful spring evening  ::)  not a good night for making ice  :(

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #18235 on: Jan 12, 2020, 04:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  58* with light rain falling, high of 60 today. Temps are supposed to start dropping pretty quickly around noon, strong winds coming.  :cookoo:

Wally...it was 63* when I came off the ice at 5:30 last evening, fished in a sweatshirt all morning and again in the afternoon...think that was a first!   ;D
  Steve...I played it safe and fished shallower water where I knew there was decent ice,  8-9” where I set up on, but only about half  of it was good black ice. There was about 1-2” of water covering most of the lake from the snow melt.
  Marv...Shamu is providing some great reads here, and action every trip! Congrats to you both on a fun day out there!   :clap:  Hope your plan comes together today getting that big girl to bite...best of luck!   :thumbsup:
  OS...will be keeping your wife in thoughts and prayers here Sir, best wishes sent!   :thumbsup:
  Drifter...enjoy the couch time today! Showed one of my sons your temps there last evening and the pictures....he had the same reaction as the guys at work, lol.   :clap: :roflmao:
  UFC...I hope we see some good cold weather coming before anymore snow!   :thumbsup:
  H2...found fishable ice, just couldn’t find the fish willing to cooperate, lol. A couple small pickerel, lost one nice Rainbow at the hole. Good luck on the lanes this evening!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...might need the rain gear if heading out this am...how was the ice holding up?

There was about 20 people out already when I got to the lake yesterday morning. A small group was set up in the spot I wanted to fish, so I fished the opposite side of the lake just off a weed line..12-24’ of water. I must be like a magnet, within 10 minutes, had 4 more guys homing in on me, lol.
  First hole I drilled with the 6” auger measured 9”” of ice, it was pretty consistent through that area. Every hole drilled acted like a sewer draining off the standing water.
  Fished till 11 then went back and met up with a friend around 3 for the last few hours. Some of those 6” holes from the morning were close to doubled in size when we left.
  No fishing today...might be awhile now before we get back out.  That’s about it from here....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18236 on: Jan 12, 2020, 05:49 AM »
Morning all,

Still 61* out  ::)  supposed to turn very windy with falling temps, we'll see  ::)

WS.....fingers crossed today's the day the big girl decides it's snack time   :icefish:

OS.....thoughts and prayers to MrsOS as she begins her next treatments  ;)

Eddie.....glad you found some decent ice, think you're wise to wait for another freeze before venturing back out  ;)2

H2L.....good luck holding onto 1st place tonight  :flex:

Not sure what's on the agenda today, my brother's coming for chicken & bisquits tonight  :thumbsup:

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18237 on: Jan 12, 2020, 05:59 AM »
50* here this morning. Highest I saw yesterday was 47*. Lindsay said it was 53* in Amsterdam. Don't think we got the rain that was in the forecast.
Eddie, there were a lot of guys on the lake yesterday. Even some 4 wheelers. Haven't talked to any to see how they are doing. The lake does look wet.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18238 on: Jan 12, 2020, 06:43 AM »
Good Morning all, Temperature is 22. Total for the snow was 2 inches. Roads were pretty icy from all reports. My much better half and i stayed indoors all day yesterday. We took down and boxed up Christmas. Today we lug it all out to the garage for storage. Weather may be making ice.  All the best. Charlie. Update. Temps back into the 40's on its way.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18239 on: Jan 12, 2020, 10:47 AM »
More of the same today.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.