The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Package of elk steaks!!!!!!  (Read 1868 times)

Offline chuckducker

• IceShanty Rookie
Package of elk steaks!!!!!!
« on: Jan 26, 2016, 10:25 PM »
Moving from Montana to New Hampshire and looking to fish Devils lake for no other reason than an ice fisherman can't drive by Devils lake and not stop to fish. So I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in some elk steaks to fish with me show me the ropes of the lake for a day trip. Will never be able to make it to the lake again and want to take this opportunity to fish it. I run a fishing dept. so I got all the gear and toys. I will be at the lake around February 25 hope my someone is looking for a fishing parter for the day!!!
The tugs the drug

Offline minnow_master

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Package of elk steaks!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2016, 02:05 PM »
Wish I could join ya for those steaks, but i'll be there this weekend 2/6.  I"m actually from Missoula originally  and made the move out to MN years ago.  Really is no rhyme or reason to the lake, go shallow for the evening bite and try a hole 30fow+ for perch during the day.  That's all I got for ya.  Now....how about some trout reports from MT? :)

Offline Eyes R Bitin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2016, 04:39 PM »
Wish I could join ya for those steaks, but i'll be there this weekend 2/6.

Be careful.  I understand a couple vehicles broke through this week.  One dropped in its wheels across from the camp.  Another went through down by Ft. Totten. 

Offline minnow_master

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2016, 07:09 PM »
Bummer.  Thanks for the heads up.  Anyone hurt?

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2016, 07:57 PM »

The  one across from Camp Grafton...

Offline minnow_master

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2016, 07:52 AM »
WOW.  that is definitely spooky.  Looks like there were cracks from the ice moving around or was it thin ice for whatever reason?

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2016, 08:16 AM »
Story I read, mouth of a bay, where there is current...yes Devils lake does have current in some areas....I remember fishing Pelican bay years ago with 3' of ice and the NW tip had only 6-8" and it was COLD.  Be safe out there!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.