Author Topic: wind break  (Read 3841 times)

700xc

wind break
« on: Jan 23, 2003, 05:57 PM »
Anyone have great ideas for windbreaks that are light weight, and portable, I was thinking about attaching something to a small sled.  Any ideas would be great! Thanks

Offline twodoggs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice hard, so fish hard.  but keep it fun.
Re: wind break
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2003, 07:20 PM »
You could rig up something using a tarp and conduit pipe.  Put four uprights that could be connected  at the top and wrap a tarp around them.  Simple cheap and light.

Offline mnfishman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2003, 04:00 AM »
I saw something the other day on the ice.  It looked like a homemade sled with a box on the top.  The box ran the full length of the sled and was about 4' long.  What they did was once they got to their spot they emptied out the sled and tipped it up on end so that the back of the sled was on the ice.  There was a box that they built into the sled that became the seat and the bottom of the sled was the windbreak.  They said it works great and it is easy to haul around.  I didn't get any pictures of it but if I see them again I will try to and then post them here for you.

Offline bido

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • rip some lips!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2003, 05:44 PM »
i seen the same thing mnfishman but not on the ice it was on a web site i'm gunna surf and look for it then will post the site

FISHswMich

« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2003, 06:12 AM »
when the snow is wet where u can pack it u can build a snow wind break
before we had all the fancy stuff we would do this all the time
dont cost a thing you can leave it not worry bout any body stealin it or haulin it home

Mr.Ice

« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2003, 08:30 AM »
One problem with leaving the snow is that the occasional snowmobiler could hit the lump and get severely hurt!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.