Author Topic: Unthreaded plastic hole for seat mount?  (Read 596 times)

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
Unthreaded plastic hole for seat mount?
« on: Jan 01, 2014, 06:13 PM »
I know I'm showing my ignorance here and my total lack of mechanicable ability, but I've never seen this or had this happen to me on something I've purchased before. I know I could go to a hardware store and ask this, but I was on the board and thought I'd ask.
 When I put together my frabill seat on my commando, I used the bolts I BELIEVE that were supposed to mount the swivel bracket to the bottom of the seat, (the bolt sizes were hard to understand!) and three screwed in fine, but the fourth just dropped into the hole as if the hole was too big or as if when they made the plastic mold they didn't put threads in the hole. How would I fix this? The bolt just drops out. Should I just try a bigger bolt? I swear I think it's not threaded, though. Or does loctite make a product that would fill the plastic hole so I could screw the bolt in, or could, should I just try superglue and a bigger bolt?
 I just put the rest of the hut together and went fishing, but, of course, the first time I bent over while sitting the bolt just dropped out. I'm gonna fix it after the season, but I'm worried about bending the mount bracket.
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.