Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: This weekend.  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Iowa ice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If the bobbers under set the hook.
This weekend.
« on: Jan 29, 2005, 07:37 AM »
Good morning every one. I am sitting here at work, wishing I was on the ice. I was wondering if any one has been out and about in eastern Iowa. I have not been out in a while, and am planning on taking the kids tomorrow. Would really like to be able to put them on fish right away. Any help would be appreciated. Tahnks in advance. Lance
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "............Holy crap.............what a ride!"

Offline Icey Tom

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's as good as ICE FISHING
Re: This weekend.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2005, 10:48 PM »
Hey!!! How did the weekend go?  Find out where all the fish are hiding?  Fishing is a bit slow over our way, Clear Lake anyway..  Did you get the kids out?

Offline riverbottoms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Hardcore
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2005, 11:08 PM »
 Iowa ice,
 I was looking at your profile, is Jim your dad? If so, where is he at still live up in the north end?

Offline Iowa ice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If the bobbers under set the hook.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2005, 05:33 AM »
Riverbottoms,

YUes Jim is my dad. Mom still lives in the same house on the north end. Dad pasted away a year ago Jan. 31. That d#&n cancer got him. Ho did you know him? He knew alot of people, and hunted, and fished alot. He is greatly missed. Did not get out fishing. I had a duck calling contest on Sat., and decided to stay home on Sun.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "............Holy crap.............what a ride!"

Offline mzellner

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Zeeman1
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2005, 09:23 AM »
 :clap: :callcops:
Went out on Lake Delhi last night caught a few not a lot.  Ice was good but waters appeear muddy fromn last weeks rain.  VOLGA STUNK LAST WEEKEND.  No one else has had real earth shattering luck this last week.  Lotsa gills in spots. Thats all I got from around the area.

Zeeman

Offline riverbottoms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Hardcore
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2005, 11:13 PM »
Yes, I knew your Dad we went to school together. Your Dad was one heck of a Hunter and Fisherman. I hope you learned and payed attention to what he was able to teach you about hunting and fishing.
Very sorry to hear about your Dad's passing.
Heck I even worked at Dupont with your Grandad.
Will PM you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.