Author Topic: Had to do it! 12/5  (Read 1396 times)

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Had to do it! 12/5
« on: Dec 07, 2022, 10:12 PM »
Well, I've lived in Colorado a long time now, and have heard about the mighty Snake river for Kokes, every Thanksgiving. So figured what the heck & decided to check it out. Glad I did, as it was a ton of fun. Got there about 7am, fished in 6 ft. of water, pretty close to the shore. There were only 4 other groups out there, so pretty much had the place to ourselves.(maybe the blizzard starting at Georgetown, through the tunnel had something to do with that) Caught at least 40 of those little suckers, with maybe 5 or 6 small rainbows mixed in. Easily missed or lost just as many. Tiny pink jigs & a small piece of shrimp crushed it, although I did use waxies a little too. flasher was marking fish the entire time I was there. Was getting lazy towards the end, didn't even reel, just lifted them out  ;) Don't know how long it usually lasts, but as others have said, if you have kids or newbies that you need to get on fish, it's an easy place to go to!

Enjoy, Johnny-O

Offline da_teacher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Had to do it! 12/5
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2022, 08:49 AM »
Nice!!! This is the first year in awhile that we didn't do it!

Offline Vex-Um

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2022, 10:16 AM »
Nice work Johnny!
Rippin' Lips and Jerkin' Jaws

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2022, 11:44 AM »
Good Job. Those Idjits on FISHEXPLOITER can't catch a dead salmon there to save there lives! ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline kpetro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2022, 12:44 PM »
Nice!  Those still look highly smokable.

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2022, 03:08 PM »
Nice!  Those still look highly smokable.

Hard to light, but highly smokable!😝
Well done Sir!
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2022, 04:09 PM »
Hell yeah Johnny, smoke em if you got em! Good job!

Offline COlipripper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2022, 05:18 PM »
Nice work johnnyO!
Selective harvest works!

Offline SoxFan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2022, 07:22 PM »
Very nice...thanx for sharing.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2022, 10:03 AM »
Nice, Johnny!  It’s always a fun time up there.  Especially when it’s not a huge crowd.  Did you keep any for smoking?
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2022, 01:23 PM »
Well, I've lived in Colorado a long time now, and have heard about the mighty Snake river for Kokes, every Thanksgiving. So figured what the heck & decided to check it out. Glad I did, as it was a ton of fun. Got there about 7am, fished in 6 ft. of water, pretty close to the shore. There were only 4 other groups out there, so pretty much had the place to ourselves.(maybe the blizzard starting at Georgetown, through the tunnel had something to do with that) Caught at least 40 of those little suckers, with maybe 5 or 6 small rainbows mixed in. Easily missed or lost just as many. Tiny pink jigs & a small piece of shrimp crushed it, although I did use waxies a little too. flasher was marking fish the entire time I was there. Was getting lazy towards the end, didn't even reel, just lifted them out  ;) Don't know how long it usually lasts, but as others have said, if you have kids or newbies that you need to get on fish, it's an easy place to go to!

Enjoy, Johnny-O

I'm in the same boat as you, always hear about it but haven't hit it. Next season I think I will, appreciate the post!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.