Author Topic: Delaware water gap becoming National Park??  (Read 4499 times)

Offline ChillyH2O

• IceShanty Rookie
Delaware water gap becoming National Park??
« on: Feb 08, 2022, 06:20 PM »
It seems like “Delaware water Gap national recreation area”may be turning  into a “National Park.”   If this  happens it seems like the park would be closed to HUNTING!!!  Wow I can’t even imagine.  NJ isn’t some big western state with large tracts of public lands.  This would truly be a loss to us hunters and idk what they may do about motor regulations on the river…..

Offline FM67

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Delaware water gap becoming National Park??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2022, 12:44 AM »
Sure hope it doesn’t happen

Offline njsquatch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2022, 11:36 AM »
they are talking about categorizing certain areas as a "Preserve" which allow hunting and fishing but agree the hunting and fishing community needs to stay on top of this

https://www.njherald.com/story/news/2022/01/31/delaware-water-gap-national-recreation-area-national-park-nj/9257595002/

Offline Old Spud

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2022, 10:31 AM »
It seems like “Delaware water Gap national recreation area”may be turning  into a “National Park.”   If this  happens it seems like the park would be closed to HUNTING!!!  Wow I can’t even imagine.  NJ isn’t some big western state with large tracts of public lands.  This would truly be a loss to us hunters and idk what they may do about motor regulations on the river…..
There are regs already in place regarding speed on the river. I foresee a bunch of new regulations being implemented in the coming years if it does turn into a park. Hunting will be curtailed in many areas with the usual excuses. We all know what happens when the government handles anything- FUBAR.....

Offline ChillyH2O

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2022, 09:57 AM »
Categorizing as a “preserve”.  Sounds like a way of trying to get hunters to back off.  Hunting would be very limited or not at all.

Offline FM67

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2022, 11:11 AM »
Categorizing as a “preserve”.  Sounds like a way of trying to get hunters to back off.  Hunting would be very limited or not at all.

That’s exactly it. Way with words. If someone says they’ll let you hunt the “preserve” area aren’t they really saying you can’t hunt everywhere else? They’re taking area away. Giving us nothing.
I know guys on the inside said they could slowly make sections smaller and smaller too. It’s also limit areas the state could stock anything, maybe limit the type hunting. Say no hounds. I’ve heard they could consider the River the park. Than what about the waterfowl guys? Guys who hunt the islands? Bowfisherman. How bout the trappers? Guys please, sign and share. This is a big deal.

Offline ChillyH2O

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 25, 2022, 12:33 PM »
👍

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.