Author Topic: [CONTEST] The Ultimate Shanty (Winners!!!)  (Read 114196 times)

Offline ULTRAlite

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice is Nice
Re: [CONTEST] The Ultimate Shanty
« Reply #30 on: Oct 18, 2009, 08:58 PM »
Two entries for scenic shot...

Bow to The Mountain

Whispering Winds

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r174/cory_r_t/ablogo1xf11-1.gif[/img]     

VIDEO >> The 2010 Season Begins - EARLY ICE SESSION

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
« Reply #31 on: Oct 19, 2009, 08:46 PM »
No fair ULTRA - you live in God's country!  Can't take a bad scenery shot out there  ;D ;D ;D

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Oct 20, 2009, 09:51 PM »
it is truly physically impossible. but idaho definitely comes close if it doesn't surpass at times.  ;)

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #33 on: Oct 21, 2009, 07:19 AM »
I would like to enter my two portables. I still have them both!

The sled part on the white one has a hole for the 5 gallon bucket for the poles. The green one has the same, its just on the other side so I can strap them together, bottom to bottom for pulling them out on the ice. Harder for the wind to blow away.
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline pmac3522

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Oct 21, 2009, 12:48 PM »
Lund94

Shouldn't your shack be green and white now not green and gold?  You are a year off.  I feel sorry for anyone that paints anything based on Favre's current team, their paint budget would be through the roof!

Sorry, just a jilted packers fan speaking here.  Fortunately for you, my appreciation for fellow ice fishermen is greater than my hatred of "Favre fans" so I won't hunt down and sink your shack the second it turns purple and gold.

Offline bigred1974

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Oct 21, 2009, 05:45 PM »
Lund94

Shouldn't your shack be green and white now not green and gold?  You are a year off.  I feel sorry for anyone that paints anything based on Favre's current team, their paint budget would be through the roof!

Sorry, just a jilted packers fan speaking here.  Fortunately for you, my appreciation for fellow ice fishermen is greater than my hatred of "Favre fans" so I won't hunt down and sink your shack the second it turns purple and gold.
Hey we would personally like to thank you for your old "Washed Up" QB. I think at 6-0 he is off to an alright start, hehehe

Offline pmac3522

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Oct 21, 2009, 05:56 PM »
Not to get off topic, so this will be all I have to say about the subject.  Every team in the NFL, including the vikings, would take Aaron Rodgers over Brett Favre right now.  Rodgers is not why the Packers are struggling and Favre is not why the Vikings are winning, simple as that. 

There, back on topic.

No pictures for me, every shack that I have ever had a hand in building has been so mediocre that it would fail to qualify for any category here.  It is fun to look at the pictures though, so keep them coming.

Offline andercee

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Oct 21, 2009, 08:00 PM »
I don't have any pictures but way up north in Minnesota there are people who have mobile homes on the ice.

Offline dalwhe1970

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Oct 21, 2009, 10:58 PM »
Heres mine from last season, Was a nice day.........Around -34; And the only way to get to it was on the old plus  ;D

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #39 on: Oct 22, 2009, 06:36 PM »
Not to get off topic, so this will be all I have to say about the subject.  Every team in the NFL, including the vikings, would take Aaron Rodgers over Brett Favre right now.  Rodgers is not why the Packers are struggling and Favre is not why the Vikings are winning, simple as that.  

There, back on topic.

No pictures for me, every shack that I have ever had a hand in building has been so mediocre that it would fail to qualify for any category here.  It is fun to look at the pictures though, so keep them coming.

i agree with everything aside from farve being why the vikings are winning,
He's only half of why there winning , they have adrian peterson :whistle:

im supposed to be a Pats fan but, Go Vikings

nice scenic shot entries!, i wish i had some canadian scenery lol

Catch A Buzz

Offline ULTRAlite

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice is Nice
« Reply #40 on: Oct 22, 2009, 07:57 PM »
No fair ULTRA - you live in God's country!  Can't take a bad scenery shot out there  ;D ;D ;D

:) :) :)
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r174/cory_r_t/ablogo1xf11-1.gif[/img]     

VIDEO >> The 2010 Season Begins - EARLY ICE SESSION

Offline WHITETAIL111

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Oct 22, 2009, 08:49 PM »
Ultralite and RV2 ...beautiful shots!
That taxidermy man back home gonna have a heart attack when he see what I bring'em!!

Offline wedkarz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Oct 24, 2009, 01:46 PM »
Starting to get anxious for ice fishing season to roll around so I figured i should post some pics of my portable shanty I built 2 years ago. Took about a month to build with some buddies. It's a bit on the heavy side but we made sure it was good and sturdy. 
Here's my favorite pic of it. The sky almost looks like a wildfire, it's awesome.

here's a pic of the first fish caught inside the shanty, a 5 inch perch.

here's a pic of the inside.

Enjoy. Can't wait to use it again this winter!

Offline Hardwater Problem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Oct 25, 2009, 01:51 PM »
Hey wedkarz...  nice shack...  I have one similar to yours, but with a few upgrades?..  I have no idea if you are interested, but I am completely computer handicapped, and for whatever reason can't get the pictures to post on my macbook.  I took the basic shack that you built but where your floor is i built a box that is tall enough to close the top down over five gallon buckets.  My thoughts were that since there isn't much room for storage, they would double as seats and storage.  The advantage is I can fold down my shack and move it without having to pull everything out of it to do so.  Experience has taught me that five gallon buckets are absolute hell on my back, and I have now gone to a fold up chair.  It is a brilliant design for running and gunning as I simply drill a new hole and relocate the shack only having to pull up my transducer.  My heater and everything stays in place and running.  The biggest disadvantage to me is that I have doubled the weight of my shack.  I am a puller, and had the mechanic at work fabricate half inch bolts welded to metal plates that I insert into lawn mower wheels on the four corners to ease the towing.  I have found that the plastic wheels crack under extreme temps, but all metal wheels are the key.  I currently have no sled or wheeler so I literally pull mine everywhere, and sometimes by myself.  You would definitely benefit from the added height, and with that wheeler have no issues.  I have also gone to a taller wheel to get me through deeper snow.  I have yet to have a snow I couldn't pull it through by myself, however, a buddy helping to pull has proven to be a thigh saver.  Lastly, I went to a carpet store and bought a strip that goes from the door end of my shack to the back, but is only three feet wide.  I have one foot of exposed wood on the floor to allow my flaps to open and close, and I can sweep the water back into my open holes.  The carpet was treated with a can of scotch guard for longevity.    Great shack, just some ideas if you are interested.  Good luck out there...  be safe.
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, GO GET IN FRONT OF THEM!!!     

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Oct 28, 2009, 03:37 PM »
Best Portable Shanty entry.  We fish a different lake each week, so for us Portable is the only way to go.

If your going by yourself or with a friend this works Great even on the windiest days

If your going with a bunch of friends and/or you what to spend the night for a tournament this works Great. Opens up to 8' x 8' and has a insulated floor to help keep you warm.

And if you are taking a army of friends, you can just zip them together

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Oct 28, 2009, 05:04 PM »
Will let's try this again ... Here's the winter get away it's  8 x 18 crank down with a hinged hitch, it weighs in at about 3400 lbs, has smooth aluminum siding with rock guard all the way around. Dual 40 lbs propane tank's, vinyl Thermal windows, and trailer lights. On the inside theres a, Sat TV, Microwave, 6 holes, Rattle Reels, 12 volt hole lights, 110 volt lights & outlets, Battery Tender, 3 Burner Gas Cook Top With Oven, Forced air Furnace, for back up to keep the hole's open when your away there's a vented Empire Gas Heater, a Dinette with under seat storage with a bay window, there's also a small storage room in the V front area.   (Image removed from quote.)      (Image removed from quote.)      (Image removed from quote.)

AWESOME!!! I like every shack I've seen here, but this thing ROCKS!

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #46 on: Oct 28, 2009, 05:13 PM »
thats awesome, nice fish trap those are sick
as for the clam , i didnt know they made a "sleeper" thats awesome

Catch A Buzz

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Oct 28, 2009, 06:21 PM »

sunrise ,sandy pond
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Oct 28, 2009, 06:44 PM »
thats awesome, nice fish trap those are sick
as for the clam , i didnt know they made a "sleeper" thats awesome
I've had my sleeper for about 4 years, I picked up the X2 about a year ago. So I decided to sell my older 4 person Clam that I had for 12 years and I got what I paid for it.

I will always own a Clam, they have the BEST customer service in the business. The wind took my 1st house down the lake and broke just about every pole in it. I called their Customer Service and told them what happen and asked them if I could order the poles I needed. They told me that they were having some issues with some of the poles in my style Clam and told me they would send me all new poles @ NO Charge.

I like both of them, if I could only own one, I don't think I could decide.

Offline Meppsfan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Oct 28, 2009, 07:45 PM »
I would love to build a perfect house...but what a pain in you know what to haul it on and off the ice. It's always somthing.
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the ice like an idiot.

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #50 on: Oct 28, 2009, 08:18 PM »
yeah i wouldent be able to decide either, i have an old shappell and a new shappell , they are both nice but if i had the money i would definitly like to get the fish trap and the sleeper is to cool to pass up so maybe someday i will own both. they are made to zip together right? you could even put 2 8x8's together that would be nasty haha. where about in maine you live? fish in NH at all? id like to try some Maine fishing this year . im going to start with umbagog since its half NH half ME

Catch A Buzz

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #51 on: Oct 28, 2009, 09:28 PM »
Here is my entry for best scenic, or whatever cat. you want to judge it in.

This was our first time driving on ice.  Skies were blue and the sun was shining when we went out about 8 AM on Houghton Lake in MI.  This was the scene 2 hours later.  We came off at 4:00 with eight inches of snow and in a whiteout.  Glad I had the trail feature turned on on the GPS on the way out!!

-Jeff

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #52 on: Oct 29, 2009, 06:42 AM »
Been there! Done that!
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #53 on: Oct 29, 2009, 07:51 AM »
here's my entry for portable. 1st year for the atv sure made getting around Brushy Creek easier. I fished lots of new area with the Sportsman xp and the Otter cabin

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #54 on: Oct 29, 2009, 09:54 AM »
Here's mine. The only reason it should be considered "Ultimate" is because my son will be with me in it this year!  ;D  He obviously approves....

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Oct 29, 2009, 07:11 PM »
yeah i wouldent be able to decide either, i have an old shappell and a new shappell , they are both nice but if i had the money i would definitly like to get the fish trap and the sleeper is to cool to pass up so maybe someday i will own both. they are made to zip together right? you could even put 2 8x8's together that would be nasty haha. where about in maine you live? fish in NH at all? id like to try some Maine fishing this year . im going to start with umbagog since its half NH half ME
I live in Durham, which is just outside Freeport, the home of LL Beans. I could not have the toys I have, if I didn't work at Beans. We have not made it up to NH to fish, we bounce from Sebago area up to the Winthrop area.

Offline boblee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Oct 29, 2009, 10:24 PM »
Heres one for the best but ugly category.  Talk about teenagers with good intentions, random items laying around a garage, and a case of old mil light!

Offline dalwhe1970

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Oct 31, 2009, 02:11 AM »
And if you are taking a army of friends, you can just zip them together

That is one of the best sleds I have ever seen, easy and very practical..... :thumbsup:

Offline icefishindaddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • please make ice
« Reply #58 on: Oct 31, 2009, 10:59 PM »
This is all I need. shanty's a few years old and the bike is a 2002.  Gets me where I gotta go and is very reliable.  The shanty fits 2 but I'm by myself alot.

Offline Hardwater Problem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Nov 01, 2009, 03:45 AM »
This is all I need. shanty's a few years old and the bike is a 2002.  Gets me where I gotta go and is very reliable.  The shanty fits 2 but I'm by myself alot.

(Image removed from quote.)
most of the time...  that's the best.
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, GO GET IN FRONT OF THEM!!!     

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.