Author Topic: Rapala/Ice Force 2020/21 Ice Catalog  (Read 2740 times)

Offline Fishtrekker

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline Tuma

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Rapala/Ice Force 2020/21 Ice Catalog
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2020, 12:26 PM »
I hope Rapala can keep these products on the shelves.  They are not doing the best fulfilling store orders.  Thanks for sharing.
TINY RODWORKS  custom rods and tackle

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2020, 12:58 PM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jul 17, 2020, 10:15 AM »
Couple of answers from StrikeMaster from their FB page ..

What are the advantages of the 24V compared to the 40V?

Lightweight and compact is a big difference. Price point is great as well. $399.99 and $379.99

100 holes on the 6" and 50 holes on the 8"
16" of ice.

13.3lbs and 14.3lbs

The 40v is not being discontinued. The 24v just gives anglers another StrikeMaster option

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jul 21, 2020, 02:48 AM »
Couple of answers from StrikeMaster from their FB page ..

What are the advantages of the 24V compared to the 40V?

Lightweight and compact is a big difference. Price point is great as well. $399.99 and $379.99

100 holes on the 6" and 50 holes on the 8"
16" of ice.

13.3lbs and 14.3lbs

The 40v is not being discontinued. The 24v just gives anglers another StrikeMaster option

Those numbers seem awfully close to what I can get out of my Milwaukee Fuel w/8” Lazer using a 5ah battery. I get 30 holes (almost like clockwork) in 20” of ice with it. With my rough math, in 16” of ice, I’d get 37.5 holes. Of course, not including random uncontrollable variables, most of which being dull blades (my Lazer blades are 8 years old). On 8” of ice, I lose count of holes after around 60 and still have about half battery left. I really think StrikeMaster is trying to reign in the cordless drill market with the 24v option. Price point is around the same if buying all new drill components too. About the only thing the 24v has on my drill setup is weight. With the above components and the clam extension, my setup comes in at just a little over 17 pounds.

I really see these selling like hot-cakes though. The price is right.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Jul 21, 2020, 05:39 PM »
I think that the price point is spot on for the ice angler ..also if you figure in some sale price/discount code etc these are going to be gone before first ice . :icefish:

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jul 21, 2020, 06:41 PM »
I do have to say that if the 24v had been available when I compiled my drill setup a few seasons back that I probably would have skipped the drill setup all together. Especially, like HD said, if they run a sale or throw in an extra battery like they did when they released the other ones. Barring any malfunctions, these should be a solid buy for the beginner, avid weekender, or early/late thin ice angler.

It’s nice to see some options on the market.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #7 on: Jul 21, 2020, 08:14 PM »
I used my drill setup and my bro in laws new strikemaster 40v last year and tell you what if it wasnt for the weight difference i liked the 40v better.it was slower but it was so smooth without any jolt on breakthrough like my ridgid/9ah/clam plate running a 8” mora.this new auger sound real nice,light and priced right.hmm sell my drill setup??lol

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jul 25, 2020, 02:40 PM »
I must be lucky or ignorant because I don’t ever seem to have the dreaded breakthrough issues that almost everyone else seems to have. I tend not to ask questions in situations like that though and just accept it lol.

I’d also like to try one of the 40v. They look to be very nice.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jul 26, 2020, 10:54 AM »
 i agree ryan, i've never experienced that with my fuel/8" set up in the 7 years i've used it.  keep the blades sharp and don't push down, let the auger pull itself into the ice.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Jul 26, 2020, 01:34 PM »

My bud let me try his 40v last year,  it cut just fine and no  issue at  break through ,

Offline marknpanfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jul 26, 2020, 02:29 PM »
No trouble with breakthrough on my Milwaukee with a 6 inch Nils. 7 in nero yes, but you do get what you pay for.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.