Author Topic: Bass Lake  (Read 5172 times)

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Bass Lake
« Reply #30 on: Feb 15, 2019, 02:56 PM »
Not sure if your just a straight ice fisherman or not, but the spring walleye spawn on lake erie is world class but you probably already knew that!
been there done that

Offline Jig_Head

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 15, 2019, 05:45 PM »
Has anyone seen any shanties set up  on Bass on their way to Maxi. Figured there are still a few who need to try it... I know come spring I will be one of the few who will see if anything has changed. The last 4 years has been a total waste of time. Still keeping my fingers crossed.
I stopped at the bait shop on bass lake on the way to maxi yesterday. Not a soul out there
When hell freezes over ill ice fish there too!

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 16, 2019, 08:03 AM »
Have been by bass many, many times in the fall and winter the last few years. Dont see boats fishing, dont see shanties on the ice... dont even see trucks at the boat ramp.

The lake got screwed up big time, hopefully in due time, it will bounce back.

They sprayed the lake ridiculously, screwed up the fishing and the duck hunting!
Got one goin'!

Offline icehole219

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 16, 2019, 08:16 AM »
Leave it to the yuppies to mess everything up. It’s tough in this area just not not enough water for everyone to share and get along. I like to fish and recreate on the water.  I just stick to huge lakes for speeding around and tubing with the kids. I definitely missed out on the good years at Bass but I heard it was great

Offline Oaktree1215

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Look at them cheeks!
« Reply #34 on: Feb 16, 2019, 06:49 PM »
Nobody on bass or Bruce today.

Offline FOOTDOC

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #35 on: Feb 16, 2019, 11:00 PM »
I drove by Bass on my way to Maxi at about 3 PM and there was a large blue shanty out several yards in front of the marina and then as I headed past the old state park beach, there were two trucks in the lane and two guys were out in front of the beach with shelters.  So, I did see 3 fisherpeople giving it a try. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.