IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

Propane going up 94%

<< < (18/18)

DTro:
I broke even on my Flame Kings a few years ago, it's all money saved at this point.  I figure I go through about 3 20lb tanks a year.  Last year was $12.99 to fill a 20lber so about about $40.   If it doubles this year is just an extra $40.   Not ideal, but not terrifying either.   

Over the past 3 years I have filled each of my 4 Flame King 1lbers at least 50 times.   Compared to $4 for the retail 1lbers and subtracting the initial cost, I've saved over $500. 

They just need to get them things back in stock.... 

Iceassin:

--- Quote from: DTro on Oct 27, 2021, 03:11 PM ---I broke even on my Flame Kings a few years ago, it's all money saved at this point.  I figure I go through about 3 20lb tanks a year.  Last year was $12.99 to fill a 20lber so about about $40.   If it doubles this year is just an extra $40.   Not ideal, but not terrifying either.   

Over the past 3 years I have filled each of my 4 Flame King 1lbers at least 50 times.   Compared to $4 for the retail 1lbers and subtracting the initial cost, I've saved over $500. 

They just need to get them things back in stock....

--- End quote ---
If it stays consistent across the land, there won't be much of an increase in the smaller fills...20# or less...as this is not where the propane businesses make their money. It's a small market in comparison.  But those that purchase large quantities as for home heating and the like? Probably need to be prepared.

Rebelss:
Makes no sense. U-haul was $3.99 today; another place was $3.39. Topped off my 20 lb'er at that place. U-haul has sign that says propane vehicle fill is $3.59; LP tanks $3.99. What a friggin' racket. I'll never go back there again.  :nono:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version