Author Topic: What kind of striker ice bibs is this?  (Read 1718 times)

Offline UnderTheIce

• IceShanty Rookie
What kind of striker ice bibs is this?
« on: Aug 01, 2021, 09:41 PM »
Looking to buy this bibs.  Don’t know what the model is.  I ask the owner and they can’t find the answer either.  Probably an earlier model.  Just want to know how warm it is compared to a predator.  Anyone have one or recall?

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: What kind of striker ice bibs is this?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2021, 07:35 AM »
I think they are Storm boss rain bibs ..not seeing anything about insulation...also kicked up another picture that they may be from their Heat Sink line up (which was a winter bib) ...both are discontinued ..may want to fire off an Email to Striker Ice . My best guess is no relevant insulation .

https://www.tackledirect.com/striker-ice-storm-boss-rain-bib.html
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline UnderTheIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 2021, 08:54 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  Kinda thought they were very early models or non ice fishing bibs.   This morning, I asked the guy about taking a picture of the knee pads and he said there was none.  I passed on them since most of the time I fish knee on surface.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Aug 02, 2021, 09:02 AM »
Are you determined to get a set of bibs from Striker Ice or any make ? What size? do they have to be floating?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline UnderTheIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Aug 03, 2021, 06:35 AM »
My 2018 predator got cut on the bottom on both sides with large tears.  I have a climate jacket.  Both size large.  Looking for a matching brand setup.  Preferably not spend over $100 on either another predator or hard water.  May just try stitching the cuts back together.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Aug 03, 2021, 07:34 AM »
Finding a size large is really tough now most sold out last season ...finding a deal on size large even tougher . I have patched some bibs and jackets with Bondex iron on with success ...I see now they have a stick on type . I have also used some Gear Aid products and clear Gorilla tape for various repairs

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Simplicity-Bondex-5-x7-Black-Twill-Iron-On-Patches-2-Pieces/490078001

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Simplicity-Bondex-8-x-8-Black-Pressure-Sensitive-Patches-2-Count/844641831

https://www.gearaid.com/collections/gear-repair-patches

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gear-Aid-Tenacious-Tape-Patches-Black/37022260

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 03, 2021, 08:03 AM »
That clear gorilla tape is no joke! lol

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Aug 03, 2021, 08:30 AM »
That clear gorilla tape is no joke! lol

I got a roll to just have at the ready for quick fixes ..I experimented on a collapsible cooler bag ..worked like a charm and has held up . The tape itself does not appear too sticky but it has held up .

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Aug 03, 2021, 08:38 AM »
My 2018 predator got cut on the bottom on both sides with large tears.  I have a climate jacket.  Both size large.  Looking for a matching brand setup.  Preferably not spend over $100 on either another predator or hard water.  May just try stitching the cuts back together.

Note the Trekker bibs fit like cheap snow bibs...meaning there is no elastic in the side chest area of the bib like the other SI models...so going up a size may be in order . Also they are only 60 g of insulation ..I picked up a pair last season from Franks Great Outdoors for early and late ice ...but to be perfectly honest I would either fix them yourself or bring them to a tailor/seamstress if it is not in your skill set ..will be less then a hundred bucks for sure.

https://www.franksgreatoutdoors.com/strikerice-reg-trekker-bib-striker-trekker-bib

Offline UnderTheIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Aug 03, 2021, 10:34 AM »
My cousin bought an older trekker during fleet farm Black Friday.  I was not impress at all when compared to a predator.  Too thin.  Needless to say, a couple weeks after using it he bought a predator.  Thanks for the patching ideas hardwater diehard.  if I can’t get it stitched well, I will try that route.

Offline Nysrx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Aug 03, 2021, 12:16 PM »
The 2020 predator bibs are on sale everywhere’s for $149.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Aug 03, 2021, 09:24 PM »
Them look like rain bibs. I remember when striker wasn’t trying to make a name of themselves before they got big. They were all about providing an affordable quality product cheaper than the competition. Their first rain gear were the pinnacle and axiom suits. The pinnacle was the higher end one. Bibs and a jacket at 159 a piece. I jumped on it. Awesome rain suit. Now their bib/jacket rain suits are 7-800+ dollars... my next rain suit and ice suit won’t be striker. The quality isn’t there anymore either. All way overpriced. Pretty sad when people are spending 200+ on ice bibs when the same ice bib can be had for half the price if you keep your eyes peeled. The markup is insane on this stuff. I’d be surprised if the bibs cost more than 20 bucks for production and shipping.

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Aug 04, 2021, 08:36 AM »
I went to dozens of sites, couldnt find them anywhere for $149
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Aug 04, 2021, 05:37 PM »
I paid 129 for a new pair of Hardwater bibs two years ago.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Aug 05, 2021, 05:46 PM »
Should have gone to Ganders big sale, $125 apiece, bibs or jackets,  for top of the line suites, Striker included.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #16 on: Aug 05, 2021, 06:04 PM »
Should have gone to Ganders big sale, $125 apiece, bibs or jackets,  for top of the line suites, Striker included.
quite a deal,i bought  striker hardwater suits for 200$ free ship when korkys went out of business.still have a few brand new.

Offline UnderTheIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Aug 05, 2021, 11:23 PM »
I went to the nearest gander (hour and a half drive) about 3 weeks ago and all of the size large bibs were cleaned out, even the clam ones too.  I think bibs are more prone to damage compare to jackets.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18 on: Aug 06, 2021, 06:08 AM »
I went to the nearest gander (hour and a half drive) about 3 weeks ago and all of the size large bibs were cleaned out, even the clam ones too.  I think bibs are more prone to damage compare to jackets.

Size large is a popular size ...and you will always wear the bibs ..the jacket for the most part is very limited use..as most anglers wear only a a heavy hooded sweat shirt on most outings.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.