Author Topic: Just Stopping By  (Read 1626 times)

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Build A Smitty Sled.......it's a back & lung saver
Just Stopping By
« on: Jun 03, 2019, 10:10 AM »
Hi guys......how's your spring/summer going......waterlogged around my neck of the woods......I wanna get out on the Mississippi river but that won't happen anytime soon.....maybe I should just start building some Smitty Kits for the up-coming ice.....post some pics. Tight Lines.
[email protected] if you don't have a FB account.....or search "The Original Smitty Sled" on FB....thank you

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Just Stopping By
« Reply #1 on: Jun 03, 2019, 10:25 AM »
Hey, Smitty!  How are you feeling?  I hope that you are reasonably well.  No more stones, please.

We're having a terrific Spring here catching large trout.  Our annual overnight on the pontoon boat was terrific despite the cool weather, with a ribeye steak dinner and John Wayne movie before bed.  We hosted two families on Saturday and one of the kids caught a 7 lb 4 oz rainbow.  My wife giggles and laughs when a large fish takes line, on the boat just like on the ice.  That's the music of heaven.

Good fishing, reservoirs are full, snow pack is high, the weather is warming, the freezer is filling.  Life is very good.  I'll scrounge around for pics.  Most of them have been taken by guests on their own phones.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #2 on: Jun 03, 2019, 12:05 PM »
Pretty soggy here in Michigan too.just been catfishing lately..

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 2019, 08:37 PM »
striper season just opened up on the lower susquehanna river. good opening day! I hope everyone else is having a good start to Sumner

Offline BobOlink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jun 05, 2019, 01:30 PM »
 :flex:
Bob P.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jun 05, 2019, 10:28 PM »
Have you ever seen a perch without strips?  I caught this one last Winter.  Have a good Summer.

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jun 19, 2019, 07:33 AM »
Smitty- due to weather conditions here in Ohio. Plus the extended forecast. You might want to dream up some ARK plans. Construction should be a snap with modern tools. Filling out passenger list could be problematic. For instance limiting rabbits to just two.

Smitty's Ark would be good marketing name. Giving Noah original builder a mention would be entirely optional. ;D
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #7 on: Jun 19, 2019, 07:18 PM »
Smitty- due to weather conditions here in Ohio. Plus the extended forecast. You might want to dream up some ARK plans. Construction should be a snap with modern tools. Filling out passenger list could be problematic. For instance limiting rabbits to just two.

Smitty's Ark would be good marketing name. Giving Noah original builder a mention would be entirely optional. ;D
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :whistle: We have been getting quite a bit of rain!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Jun 20, 2019, 06:47 AM »
Supposed to get another 2" today.  Glad I live on a mountain and I will wave as you guys float down the valley..... ;D
Or you could stop in and have a beer.     ;D ;D ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #9 on: Jun 20, 2019, 09:09 AM »
Supposed to get another 2" today.  Glad I live on a mountain and I will wave as you guys float down the valley..... ;D
Or you could stop in and have a beer.     ;D ;D ;D
We'll be there!!!  ;)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.