Author Topic: 2013/2014 Loughborough Ice Watch  (Read 14871 times)

Offline Bigbassmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 2013/2014 Loughborough Ice Watch
« Reply #60 on: Jan 02, 2014, 05:43 PM »
Will do. Saw ya out there but just couldn't get myself out the door with that wind!lol. I had good intentions of hitting Quinte this morning till I checked environment canada at 5:00am. Warm bed won!!!!

Offline Bigbassmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 02, 2014, 05:49 PM »
So who is gonna brave the wind tomorrow? At least the sun will be out. Just might be the little push I need.lol. I couldn't believe my eyes this morning when I looked out and saw one brave soul standing out there with no hut... and for about 2 hrs!!!

Offline MegaRam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 02, 2014, 06:59 PM »
I'm going out tomorrow, wind rain, snow, slush, whatever. Lol.
Didn't make it to dog lake today, wife trumped fishing,and spent a fortune in grocerys in the states. Lol.
I will be on Loughbrough at 0930. If anybody want to meet at that time.

I am looking for someone to show me crappie fishing, never tried or even seen one before. PM me if someone is intrested in showing me.

Everyone needs to believe in something,
I believe
I'LL GO FISHING

Offline hearn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Jan 02, 2014, 09:24 PM »
Think I'm hittin' BoQ tomorrow, went out tonight for a few hours, DAMN cold, didn't catch anything....plan is to hit Loughborough Saturday.

MegaRam, I'm in the same boat, would love to find a nice crappie lake in the area..

Offline zultzy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Jan 02, 2014, 10:13 PM »
Hey guy's/girl's
I'm new to the whole ice fishing for lake trout i made 1 trip out last year and 1 so far this year and nothing at all, i was using a white dubble tail mr twister with a minnow and nothing, any one e-mail me a place to try out on the lake or what bait to use, i'm not asking for your secrets i'm just asking to catch a lake trout. thanks in advance for any info. by the way i go in off the boat launch on loughborough lane.

Offline Bigbassmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Jan 03, 2014, 06:08 AM »
I'll be out for couple hrs this morning. Clam two man, red jacket,black pants, but you won't see me out side the hut!!!lol

Offline kamaro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Jan 03, 2014, 09:08 AM »
herns and Mega ram if you take the trip to Collins its always good for crappie/ perch .... take lakefield dr off of holmes rd and go to the end at the turn around walk through the reeds. down size everything.... line, bait, hooks, and feel...... very light bites but you get the odd HIT
My Wife
"Its like He has ADD and can't sit still for 1 min but he can look down a hole in the ice for HOURS"

Offline hearn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Jan 03, 2014, 09:45 AM »
Hey thanks Makaro, sounds like a fun spot..

Only concern is parking, buddy in this thread says that there really isn't any parking at the end of lakefield.  I don't wanna piss off anyone, think it's fine down that road?

Offline kamaro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:12 PM »
ive parked there .... as long as its not in the week ( A school bus parks there) its a turn around .... never had a problem before
My Wife
"Its like He has ADD and can't sit still for 1 min but he can look down a hole in the ice for HOURS"

Offline eastcoastboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:20 PM »
I have not yet been out to lobo this year but am going tomorrow. i like to fish out in the 100-110fow range about 200-300 yards east of the boat launch. I would just like a general idea of ice thickness out that way if anyone has set up out there in the last couple days.
ECB

Offline Cadeuses

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Jan 03, 2014, 02:17 PM »
I have not yet been out to lobo this year but am going tomorrow. i like to fish out in the 100-110fow range about 200-300 yards east of the boat launch. I would just like a general idea of ice thickness out that way if anyone has set up out there in the last couple days.

ECB, what time you heading out?  I have some time in the morning.  I want to check out my ice 35 against yours.  Transducer is making weird signals on wide beam and would appreciate comparing.

Let me know.  I will be out there in the blue Kodiak Clam wearing the red Mustang Survival suit.

Cheers

Cadeuses

Offline eastcoastboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Jan 03, 2014, 02:49 PM »
Cadeuses, hey man i will be taking a buddy out for his first time fishing for lakers tomorrow. I will be parked by 0700 and set up and the heat blastin probably by 0720-0730. I will be in the same blue clam hut and i picked up a bright orange mustang one piece floater so i will be hard to miss. Come on over and bring the bird and we will do some comparisons in the hut. It will be nice to catch up again after the open water season. I will be far east of the boat launch.
ECB

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #72 on: Jan 03, 2014, 03:12 PM »
I was over 90-100 fow on tues and there was lots of ice, 9 plus inches and its been brutally cold the last 3 days so I wouldnt be surprised if you were close to a foot by tmo.  If you are in a pop up tent keep an eye on the forcast 30 km winds, gusts in the 40s could make set up and tear down challenging. I was going to go out saturday but will hold off until sunday because of the wind.
@jzuliniak

Offline eastcoastboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Jan 03, 2014, 03:57 PM »
JZ, thanks for the ice report. I will be putting some extra anchors in the ice tomorrow for sure. I almost lost my pop up out there last year due to high winds.
ECB

Offline Bigbassmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Jan 03, 2014, 04:13 PM »
Hit the lake this morning and had her all to myself till about noon. When I finally got the auger started it was about 10.15 and had my first on ice by 10:30.. After a double chaser. Had quite a few more marks, a couple follows but that was it.(77'). At 11:30 decided to make a quick move before heading in (104'). Again after a struggle with the auger, was set up, and another fish on by noon. After a few more marks but no takers, I had to head in. Ended up with my limit anyway, and two missed hook sets. Lots out there. Ice was easy 12" and making noise steady so it's building. Good luck to all going out on the weekend. Remember to clean up afterwards.

Offline Cadeuses

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #75 on: Jan 03, 2014, 04:25 PM »
ECB... Ok will see you there around 0700.  I will bring some live waxies and minnows in case the lakers are stubborn, we can try for some perch.  See you then.

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #76 on: Jan 03, 2014, 06:18 PM »
ECB... Ok will see you there around 0700.  I will bring some live waxies and minnows in case the lakers are stubborn, we can try for some perch.  See you then.
Hey Cadeuses

Have you got panfish on west Loughborough? I've got them in open water but have never tried for them near the laker grounds in winter.
@jzuliniak

Offline hearn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Jan 03, 2014, 08:35 PM »
Hey guys, heading out on tomorrow morning, will have a blue clam popup, two tall dudes...

Anyone else heading out?  Gonna be a zoo out there?

Offline MegaRam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Jan 03, 2014, 08:43 PM »
zoo is right... Im going to dog lake.. hopfully its not crowded too..lol

Good Luck Guys...
I believe
I'LL GO FISHING

Offline hearn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Jan 03, 2014, 08:53 PM »
Haha yeah, what access point are you using at Dog? (never been)

Offline Cadeuses

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Jan 04, 2014, 12:16 PM »
Hey Cadeuses

Have you got panfish on west Loughborough? I've got them in open water but have never tried for them near the laker grounds in winter.

JZ, nope, never caught any probably cause I wasn't trying for them.  I'm usually fishing deep, anywhere from 60 to 120 FOW on West Loughborough.

Lots of ice on the lake today... at least 10 inches where I was (44.359766,-76.561534 google maps).  Marked fish from about 0730 till about 0800, then they disappeared.  The wind blew me over around 1030...  >:(   knocked over the bait pail... lost all the water... gave the live ones to ECB.

Hopefully he can make something bite them.  Packed up and headed in.  Will get back out there again once the infernal wind dies down a bit...

Cheers.

Cadeuses

Offline Porkchopguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #81 on: Jan 04, 2014, 12:56 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm new on here and haven't been on the lake yet this year. Tried it a couple of times last year but had no luck. Went in from loughborough lane side. I'm gonna try Davidson beach area this week, hopefully better luck at this end. Or does it really matter witch end lol? any advise would appreciated thanks :)

Offline eastcoastboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Jan 04, 2014, 04:23 PM »
WOW, that was some crazy wind out there today. Lakers were quite lazy too, i really only had 1 or 2 chasers that followed it a good 60ft... the rest would chase for about 10 feet and stop and back down to the depths. I will never set up the pop up in those kind of winds ever again. Thank you Cadeuses for helping me set my shanty up this morning as it would have been impossible by myself. I almost meltled the popup as well. I ended up getting out when i heard Cadeuses stuff blowing around but just got my foot out the door and then the side blew in and came about one foot from my 20lb'er propane tank and burner that was cranked up! I got to it just in time to turn it off. Needless to say the shack came down after that and i just dealt with the extreme winds till 1215 and called er quits. Now that i got the skunk outta the way early i'm ready to get back into some good Laker fishing this year. It is always fun to be on the ice nonetheless.
ECB

Offline hearn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Jan 04, 2014, 07:06 PM »
WOW, that was some crazy wind out there today. Lakers were quite lazy too, i really only had 1 or 2 chasers that followed it a good 60ft... the rest would chase for about 10 feet and stop and back down to the depths.

Same thing here, had at least 10 follow 15' then give up and head back down...just couldn't figure out what they wanted..smart fish on Loughborough!

Offline MarkoB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #84 on: Jan 04, 2014, 08:45 PM »
Hey guy's/girl's
I'm new to the whole ice fishing for lake trout i made 1 trip out last year and 1 so far this year and nothing at all, i was using a white dubble tail mr twister with a minnow and nothing, any one e-mail me a place to try out on the lake or what bait to use, i'm not asking for your secrets i'm just asking to catch a lake trout. thanks in advance for any info. by the way i go in off the boat launch on loughborough lane.

Hey how is it going
Here is my lake trout arsenal....i am no Bob Izumi  :P but i think it covers the basics.

Some Williams wablers w-40 and w-50 in random colors.

Xzone swammers in white or black/white. Those are my favorite colors. White Berkley 4-5 inch tubes as well.

Few bucktail jigs are a must have as well

This is the one that i got mine on earlier

Hope this helps
Marko

Offline eastcoastboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Jan 04, 2014, 10:20 PM »
A lot of nice kit but when i go to loughborough all i really use is 3" white tubes with a minnow head jammed up inside the body of it. I WILL NOT use anything else as it worked so well for me last year. I think i iced between 25-30 trout last ice season with this method. Just be persistent and it will pay off.
ECB

Offline MegaRam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Jan 04, 2014, 10:28 PM »
I'm heading out tomorrow in the Am.  Anybody else going out?
I believe
I'LL GO FISHING

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #87 on: Jan 05, 2014, 06:05 AM »
I'm heading out tomorrow in the Am.  Anybody else going out?

Hey Mega Ram

I will be out there somepoint in the morning for a couple hrs.
@jzuliniak

Offline MegaRam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Jan 05, 2014, 06:41 AM »
I'm sitting out here right now, 100ft of water.  Marked one fish at 40ft.  Stop by say high,
No dog today...
I believe
I'LL GO FISHING

Offline jakkjakk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Jan 05, 2014, 08:14 AM »
hy guys , i will probably head out for a late aft bite ... will probably be really busy on the lake today .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.