Author Topic: Invisa-Leader  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Squall

• IceShanty Rookie
Invisa-Leader
« on: Feb 21, 2006, 07:07 PM »
I was in Wal Mart tonight and i came across invisa-leader made by South Bend, its a small diamater steel leader.  The only thing i don't like about it is that it is only 8" in length but that could be perfect for a quick strike rig on big bait if you attach it to flouro carbon.  It might work good on smaller baits too if you use flouro carbon to make the leader longer.

Here is the best link i could find to it even though the picture isn't very good.  Its is small in diamater and black.

http://outdoor-recreation.gillroys.com/Fishing_and_accessories/Lines_and_leaders/Invisa-Leader_Flexible_Leaders-s833592.html

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Invisa-Leader
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2006, 07:52 PM »

Hi Squall, 
                  Personally, I would stay away from those invisa-leaders. Tryed one trolling for pike,12" 45lb test. Broke off, losing a pike and everything up to my main line. Yes, they are thin, but not very strong. Go with flouro. I use at least 20lb test. Make my leaders 2 to 3 feet long. Seagaur and P-line  are good choices. JMO 

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2006, 10:52 PM »
Ditto what lake snake said Squall!  I tried some on the ice with the same problems as snake...  One other thing I noticed was that it turned brittle and coiled a little easier than standard fluorocarbon leaders.  I pre-tie all my leaders, and like limper subtle line.  Stick with Seaguar and PLine fluorocarbon.  Good stuff that won't go brittle through the ice.  Hope this helps?
TEAM ALASKA

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2006, 11:59 PM »
Barley and snake are right, use fluoro. The only time I will ever use wire for pike is if I'm fishing heavily stained or murky water, and only one lake that I pike fish in Colorado has water like that.
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Offline Squall

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2006, 07:05 AM »
Wow, i'm glad i asked.  Thanks for the info guys.

Offline Muskie Matt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Throw'em back! & report abuse EPO # 800.632.8075

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.