Author Topic: Ice fishing for river pike  (Read 2093 times)

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
Ice fishing for river pike
« on: Feb 14, 2004, 08:53 AM »
I'm heading to the St. Lawrence River next week to do some fishing, and I'm hoping to catch some pike. With the current and all, what way should I set up for northerns? I'm new to ice fishing for pike, so any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-Zach

Offline Muskie Matt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Throw'em back! & report abuse EPO # 800.632.8075
Re: Ice fishing for river pike
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2004, 04:00 PM »
How did you end up doing? I figure you found the NY board. I believe St. Lawrence is on there.

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2004, 05:52 PM »
I didn't get to go, the trip was cancelled :-\ And I'm from NY, I actually post quite regularly. I live in Chenango County, and fish local waters as often as possible (I'm 17, and I don't have a vehicle, so I fish when I can use the truck, orr get a ride) In fact, if you look, I'm the one who added the St. Lawrence thread, under the Conditions forum  ;)

-Zach

Offline Muskie Matt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Throw'em back! & report abuse EPO # 800.632.8075
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2004, 08:11 AM »
Sucks that you couldn't go. I've been wanting to get up there for sometime now. The Muskie up there are HUGE!!!!!

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2004, 07:17 PM »
They sure are huge. I make a couple trips a year up there during open water, I'm still looking to tie into one. I'm going to really try this year. Unfortunatly, the muskie fishing has been sub-par in recent years. But they're there, so git yer self up there and get em! :D

-Zach

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2009, 12:46 PM »
You guys are both right. The musky fishing isn't consistant up here like it used to be but if you do boil a st.lawrence river musky it should be a nice'n. The pike fishing is usually pretty steady through the ice though! Im interested, where do you musky fish? And where do you plan on ice fishing? (weve got a shack on Coles Creek, in Waddington)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.