Author Topic: Jigging Aggressive Maine Lake Trout  (Read 280 times)

Offline ZLaLonde

• IceShanty Rookie
Jigging Aggressive Maine Lake Trout
« on: Feb 28, 2024, 08:46 AM »
i=vM6hjEVIfaudIRpz

Hey Guys!

Got on my first ever Lake Trout through the ice during this video and then a couple more. Definitely my new favorite to target through the ice!

Let me know how you like the video! Any criticism to improve the videos is welcome!

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Jigging Aggressive Maine Lake Trout
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2024, 07:18 PM »
Nice work on getting your first lakers. They are very feisty fish when you get them out of the water. Very fun when you get on them. I know what you mean about the ice being angry with all of the expansion and contraction as I was on some this past week and it was non stop rumbling, but it was making ice.

Offline ZLaLonde

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 29, 2024, 05:30 AM »
Nice work on getting your first lakers. They are very feisty fish when you get them out of the water. Very fun when you get on them. I know what you mean about the ice being angry with all of the expansion and contraction as I was on some this past week and it was non stop rumbling, but it was making ice.

Yeah as much as it is a good sound to hear when you’re out there it sure is scary. Especially when i a crack goes right under you and the water in your hole starts bouncing

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2024, 10:34 AM »
Nice video.
Master Laker taker.

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2024, 04:53 PM »
Some very good action on the lakers. Also nice video. Be aware that the rumbling of the ice is no indication of danger. It is caused by expansion of the ice sheet as the temp changes. It happens a lot on sunny days after a cold night as the sun hits and the temp increases. It could be 2 ft thick and still rumble, prob even louder. On very big lakes it can be a danger. I read lots of reports from L Simcoe incl 1 in which a crack a couple of feet wide went right thru the pop-up and the guys lost eqpt down the hole---but luckily did not fall in.
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.