Author Topic: Cajun Red Fishing Line  (Read 5072 times)

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
Cajun Red Fishing Line
« on: Mar 14, 2006, 12:16 AM »
I was thinking about getting some Cajun Red Fishing Line this season for my spinning rod and if I liked it for my icefishing rods for next winter. Have any of you use this line yet and how do you like it? Is fishing better with the red line or does the color make a difference, do its knots hold well, and what is a recommended knot for this line?  :-\

WW

Offline Travis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Bait?
Re: Cajun Red Fishing Line
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2006, 09:16 PM »
I used it this year on one of my ice rods (Cajun ICE- 4lb).  I liked the visibility on it alot.  Caught fish and never had a problem with knots slipping.  Some coiling of line, but not that bad.   I just use an improved clinch knot with it, and it seems to hold fine.  A friend used the regular Cajun, and had problems with coiling in cold water, but i've never tried it....... YET.
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day.  But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline oldken

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2006, 07:10 AM »
tried the cajun line last year fishing walleye. didn't realy like it still much prefer fire line for almost all kinds of fishing i use suffix on my jig poles or mr. crappie from bass pro

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2006, 08:59 PM »
6pound test and under is great! Nuff said 8)
Andrew

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2006, 11:00 AM »
Where are you guys finding the ice line, in my area I have a hard enuff time finding the regular cajun line and I really want to give it a try

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 26, 2006, 11:40 AM »
Where are you guys finding the ice line, in my area I have a hard enuff time finding the regular cajun line and I really want to give it a try

http://www.cajunline.com/CAJUN%20WHERETOBUY.html

For catalog or online check Bass Pro Shops Or Cabela
BPS/

Might have to call them I do not see it on either website.

Offline Travis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Bait?
« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2006, 12:41 AM »
Got mine from Gander Mountain.  I would imagine Cabelas or Bass Pro carries it as well.  Maybe even K-mart, I know they sell the regular stuff.
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day.  But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #7 on: Oct 27, 2006, 02:11 PM »
Since I started this post last winter, I have picked up some 10lb Cajun Red Cast. It has a low memory and so-far it has produced a fair number of pike and walleye for me.
I have even used it as a leader for the fireline.
I will also try it on the ice this winter and see how it works. ;)2

WW

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #8 on: Nov 09, 2006, 12:19 PM »
Im still looking, all I can find in my area is heavier line, I want some 2-4lb for the ice, I will keep checking and see what comes in later this  year

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 11, 2006, 09:42 PM »
Im still looking, all I can find in my area is heavier line, I want some 2-4lb for the ice, I will keep checking and see what comes in later this  year

I am looking for ya buddy  ;)
Andrew

Offline Travis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Bait?
« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2006, 12:46 AM »

Not sure if you found it yet, but I was just looking on Cabelas and remembered this post. 
http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20166-cat20196&id=0035835120442a&navCount=7&podId=0035835&parentId=cat20196&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=UF&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20196&hasJS=true

Offline Tommyboy18769

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 14, 2006, 12:08 PM »
The kmart around here didnt sell it neither did walmart or meijers...our local gander sold out of it before i was ready to buy it so therefore i had to drive 45 miles to get mine...believe me it is well worth it...cant see anything but your jig once your below the surface...

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2007, 09:49 AM »
sorry to bring an old topic back to life, but have any of you tested out the ice line yet? looking to try it out this winter maybe depending on what i hear.
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Nov 27, 2007, 10:37 AM »
I bought a 6000 yard spool of the cajun red line 8 lb test    off ebay    I hope it works   lol
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline bluegill63

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 27, 2007, 12:40 PM »
I use 8# Cajun on all my reels I have had nothing but success with it takes a lot for it to twist and it is tough to break when you have a snag. Now I am thinking about trying the ice line. What I normally do is use 4# Stren Hi-Vis Gold and tip it with some Berkley blue 2# test. So I would like to hear some responses on the Cajun ice line.

Offline crappiekid24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 27, 2007, 03:30 PM »
I use 3lb test works good. I really like it for the visibility above water and invisibility under water.

Offline IrishIce99

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I am number 1. All others are number 2 or lower."
« Reply #16 on: Nov 29, 2007, 01:21 PM »
I use it along with trilene micro ice and both are very good. It seems the Cajun Red doesent coil up as much, but mabye that's just me.
Support local bait and tackle shops --> Jay-Ve <br />   

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 17, 2007, 06:53 PM »
I tried the 6# cajun line this weekend and it got all twisted. I would drop it to the bottom and a little extra line would uncoil from my reel. when I started to reel in, the line was twisted up with a loop in the end.
jbird68

Offline icefisherjaydogg

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Living The Dream
« Reply #18 on: Jan 02, 2008, 08:21 PM »
sorry to bring an old topic back to life, but have any of you tested out the ice line yet? looking to try it out this winter maybe depending on what i hear.

I can safely say that the ice line is the best line that I have EVER used on my ice rods. I would recommend it to anyone. I absolutely love it. The only downfall is When I hook into a pike. But what can ya do

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 02, 2008, 08:23 PM »
i now use fire line crystal and its some awsome line, i use the cajun red on my tip ups for the leader so i can see the line done on the ice when i bring a fish up make keeping your feet off the line sooooo much easier
Team Goldfish 55 :-D :-D
lifetime jigging goals:
gill-done; perch-done; crappie- done; bass- done; carp-done; catfish-done, splake-done; rainbow-done; brookie- done; pike- done; pickeral-done (29inch6.5lb); white fish-done;  laker-  ;cusk-  ;salmon-  ;walleye-

chimo

« Reply #20 on: Jan 02, 2008, 08:33 PM »
I've been using some 2lb cajun red ice line and have been impressed so far.  Haven't had a break off yet even with a couple small northerns and some 1.5 lb bass caught.  I like the visibilty above the ice as well since I like to watch the line for bites.  good fishin

chimo

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 03, 2008, 09:12 AM »
I have 6 lb test on one reel. Although I like the color, knot securing ability, durabiity and strengh in not breaking.... I'm concerned with the severe "memory"  of it.  Lot's off spooling as it comes off the reel.
Ice-Fisherman: We're all highly addicted, shivering, psychotic patients in the asylum of the frigid.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.