Author Topic: Lost my rod, help me identify which one it is.  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Ryderr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lost my rod, help me identify which one it is.
« on: Jan 10, 2011, 07:56 AM »
Yesterday I lost my brand new rod/reel combo via my buddy who knocked it down my 10" hole.  :'( He felt so bad after doing it, but I figured I can just replace it no biggie.

Problem is I cant figure out which one it was!

The rod was definelty the Frabill Bro Series rod 27" quicktip, now...here is the tricky part. The reel was a periwinkle blue and was a 6 bearing reel. I bought them as a combo, but in my web search of frabill, cabelas, gander and bass pro I can only find that rod and reel combo with a 3 bearing reel which is silver. I think I paid around $50 for the combo. Am I missing something, or did I buy an older model to begin with?  ???
I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there. -Robert Altman

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: Lost my rod, help me identify which one it is.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2011, 11:14 AM »
I bought my frabil quick-tip a few seasons back and it was the 3bb silver reel, never seen the periwinkle

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2011, 11:19 AM »
I also checked Reeds, thorneBros and Redrock, every time you buy the quicktip in that size it comes with the 3bb reel. I did see a "36 rod with the 6bb at redrock

Offline Ryderr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2011, 10:55 PM »
You know thats what I thought too, and I just figured I got one marked down by accident, but right before I was about to give up all hope I found the combo at reeds in the paper catalog, called them up and ordered it. They said it came with the 6BB reel too. So we shall see. The reel can be purchased now seperate from the combos for $29.99 but add another $29.99 for the rod plus shipping = way more than I want to pay. Thanks for the help though.
I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there. -Robert Altman

Offline SoftSpot_716

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2011, 09:43 PM »
 the bro series frabill reels are 6 ball bearings and they are that perrywinkle blue. i just did the same thing with the bro series dead stick rods it made more sense to buy two combos at forty bucks each then a combo and a reel. for the same price as that i got an extra like 30 dollar rod basically by buying the combos. those reels are deffinatly nice. even to buy them for thirty bucks if ya had to not bad seen as they come with an extra spool.

Offline Ryderr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2011, 12:33 AM »
Yep I figured it out. I actually ordered one from Reeds which turned out to be a whole ordeal. The rod came broke at the top and Reeds didnt have anymore in stock. The rod was my fiances. Its a quick tip which she is rather fond of because she doesnt like spring bobbers all that much. Finally we got an answer where the manager told me to cut the end of the rod off and stick a spring on it. I told him it was for my fiance and the dude said "she wont know the difference." Boy was I upset. She probably knows more about ice fishing than his whole staff.  >:( Wont be shopping there anymore. They did fix the issue though. But thats besides the point. THanks for the help guys!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.