The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: SE Wisconsin Ice  (Read 773 times)

Offline gator_hunter71

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tip Up!!!
SE Wisconsin Ice
« on: Jan 18, 2007, 09:31 PM »
I got out on the lake this afternoon. Me and my buddie took the spud bar and headed out. The areas where the earlier snow covered the first ice last week was pretty slushy, weak. We worked our way around the soft areas to out past the freeze line and hit about 3 " of good hard black ice. We dropped a couple of tip ups along the way and scouted around. Jigged a little before dark. No flags but man it was awsome to be setting a tip up anyway. Must have seen 10 different vehicles at the launch looking out at us, by Saturday I think the lake will be jumping. With the temps in the teens until middle of next week so far, it looks good for some sustained fishin ice!! Tommorrow morning I'm heading in the a.m. for a couple hours to actually get on some structure and do some real fishing. Hope to have some pics over the weekend!
Tight lines Wisconsin!!  :tipup:
If you jig it...... They will come.

Offline gator_hunter71

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tip Up!!!
Re: SE Wisconsin Ice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2007, 10:27 PM »
As I'm looking through other posts my dad calls and said someone on the news went through the ice from New Berlin. He's OK but apparently he drilled a hole and the ice all around him just gave, so I hope I didn't give everyone the impression we have SAFE ice everywhere in SE!! The lake I was on today, I've been fishing for 15+ years and I know where all the springs and the river channel are, and I've been watching it freeze over and been in contact with friends that live on the lake. I hope everyone is smart enough to be safe but I just didn't want my post having anyone grabbing gear and running out on a lake that might not have as good of ice!!!
If you jig it...... They will come.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.