The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Fishing Miller Dam Flowage Sunday 1/9  (Read 1285 times)

Offline bobfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
Fishing Miller Dam Flowage Sunday 1/9
« on: Jan 09, 2007, 12:17 PM »
Local reports of decent ice had me drive up 1-1/4+ hour to find 6-8" good ice, down here mostly 5-10' open water around ice.   Fished from before noon to a little after 4:00, north of big island, lots of fisherman, portables and four wheelers, only caught one small bluegill on a jig and spikes, had a few flags on shiners and crappie minnows, but did not hook anything. ice good from campground boat landing to big island, but there is a big pressure crack from the island to the point south of the boat landing where you can see open water, still good to be out and learning.  Back to ice fishing after 8 years with too much work and trying to learn the game again, any pointers from guys who fish a lot??

Offline BUSCHLITE

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fishing Miller Dam Flowage Sunday 1/9
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2007, 07:46 PM »
I haven't been to miller this year, mainly because to the crowds that seem to be out there most of the time. I've been fishing the smaller lakes around there with little success. Going to do my home work this summer with boat and locater,gps and maybe underwater cam if the boss lets me get one. Next year  I'll have a better idea of where to go when I get there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.