The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: High School Fishing Contest  (Read 3490 times)

Offline dbuchmann

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin' I was fishin'!
High School Fishing Contest
« on: Nov 27, 2018, 02:57 PM »
Hey guys, I'm the coach/advisor at Rice Lake and we are considering hosting a tournament open to the public (we already do one for other high school students only) and have been going back and forth on entry fee.  What would you be willing to pay for an entry fee? We will give out prizes for biggest northern, walleye/bass and panfish. Leaning towards a power auger for northern, insulated hub shack for bass/walleye and a vexilar for panfish.  These may change but that's what we are thinking. It is going to be a fundraiser to help fund our team so we can attend the state tournament.  Is a $10 entry per person too much? Any thoughts or ideas are helpful. Hoping to raise around $1500-$2000 for the team.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
Re: High School Fishing Contest
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2018, 12:31 PM »
Make it 20.00 and include a meal of sloppy joes/hot dogs or something cheap. Food goes a long ways for tourny guys.

Offline Basswacker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2018, 12:40 PM »
Go with $20 fee.  :tipup:

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2018, 12:42 PM »
People often spend plenty of money at fundraiser dinners,  52's idea of providing food would be great $25 with a meal or at least sell some sort of food on site.  Hot cocoa, coffee, hot dogs, snacks. I would think someone would donate food to keep that cost low

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2018, 01:35 PM »
Do a 50/50 raffle, or raffle off a 12 ga shot gun or something brings in a lot of money.

Offline dbuchmann

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin' I was fishin'!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2018, 10:39 AM »
We were planning on selling brats and hot dogs and other items but the idea of including it the ticket might be a good idea.  We might try to get a Henry Arm's gun to raffle off or some other ice fishing stuff as bigger prizes.  Also we'll have smaller raffle prizes, gift cards, tip ups etc. We are also going to have raffle tickets for our drop down ice shack we build in our construction classes, 7x16 drop down, rear ramp etc. 

Offline icebrad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2018, 10:01 PM »
cool idea....  Have pictures of the shack??

Offline dbuchmann

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin' I was fishin'!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2018, 01:52 PM »
Ice Brad, I'll get some pics to you when we get it back from being spray foamed. 

Offline dbuchmann

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin' I was fishin'!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2018, 01:01 PM »
Here's the info for our team contest if anyone is interested

Offline North

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 18, 2018, 01:08 PM »
Where do we sign up?!  We'll be there.  Sounds like a great time!

Offline BH2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont wish your life away!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 18, 2018, 08:44 PM »
Sounds like a great time and a great cause! We Will try to make it up!

Offline dbuchmann

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin' I was fishin'!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 18, 2018, 09:02 PM »
Show up the morning of and register.  We'll also have that ice shack my students built on the ice with raffle tickets available

Offline dbuchmann

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin' I was fishin'!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 07, 2019, 02:21 PM »
Here are some pictures of the ice shack that we'll be raffling off the day of the contest, its not quite done yet and has a rubber floor. (All this money goes directly into the tech ed program and not to the fishing team). We've got lots of good raffle prizes with more showing up daily. Also going to have a $5 raffle ticket for an Auger, Shack and a 1/2 day guided fishing trip for 2 in Hayward. Tell your friends and come up and enjoy a day on the ice.  All money raised is going directly to the team for gear and travel to our tournaments. 

Offline minnowdrowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • T-bar!!!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 08, 2019, 08:23 AM »
Sorry if I missed something but all I can find is the information for the high school tournament, not the one open to public being discussed ???. Pictures aren't loading correctly for me so maybe missed in there? Only picture I saw is for last years' contest. Could you let us know the info for the public contest dates etc...? Sounds fun and I'm always ready to spend a little money to support teams like this.
How many times do I gotta go through holes before I watch where I'm going? I am an amateur fisherman, but an all star minnow drowner!

Offline dbuchmann

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin' I was fishin'!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 08, 2019, 01:18 PM »
Minnow, a few posts up I posted the Event Poster for the community contest which has all the information on it. Send me a PM with your email or phone number and I'll send over the info.

Offline minnowdrowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • T-bar!!!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 09, 2019, 11:25 AM »
Not sure how I missed that...  :whistle:
Thanks, I'm going to try to get a couple guys up there
How many times do I gotta go through holes before I watch where I'm going? I am an amateur fisherman, but an all star minnow drowner!

Offline dbuchmann

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin' I was fishin'!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 09, 2019, 03:03 PM »
Not sure if this link will work but here is the event page on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/events/839023776429294/?active_tab=discussion

Please share with your friends.  Please let us know if you're going to attend so we can get rough ideas of numbers.  Thanks guys!

Offline dbuchmann

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin' I was fishin'!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 29, 2019, 10:21 AM »
We're a few days away from our contest. Hope you guys can make it.  The weather looks like it will be much better.

Offline North

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 04, 2019, 09:23 PM »
Who won your tourney?  I was there for a while but had to split before the end of the day.  Did you get the turnout you had hoped for?

Offline dbuchmann

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin' I was fishin'!
« Reply #19 on: Feb 10, 2019, 08:49 AM »
North, I can't remember the names  but the weights were
4.21# pike
2.35# Bass
.83# Crappie

Not a lot of fish were caught or registered but I think the weather had something to do with it. We had 105 people register for the tournament and lots of raffle tickets sold.  We made about $2500 for our team which we decided we are going to set some of that aside to do some fish stocking on Rice Lake and maybe Long Lake once I talk to the DNR.  Thanks for showing up and supporting us! The kids learned a lot about running the tournament and have been talking about changes they want to make for next year.

Offline dbuchmann

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin' I was fishin'!
High School Fishing Contest
« Reply #20 on: Dec 06, 2019, 09:35 AM »
We are hosting another community contest to raise funds for our high school team. This year it will be held on the Red Cedar Lake Chain on February 8th from 9-3. Entry is $20 for adults and $10 for kids with lunch included.  I've attached the poster with more details. We will also have another 7x16 drop down shack to be raffled off that day.  Hope to see you guys there!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.