Author Topic: My prediction, right or wrong?  (Read 829 times)

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
My prediction, right or wrong?
« on: Jan 06, 2006, 10:08 AM »
With all the cloud we've been having in the southern part of MB, and the lousy catch of perch last weekend, I started thinking about other times on L. Man. when we really got into the tasty little guys.  You know, just about every one of those times, it was a sunny day.  So I'm predicting that if there is a sunny day this weekend, the perch are really gonna turn on and start biting.  Anybody else with predictions?
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Offline Ac

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: My prediction, right or wrong?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2006, 10:16 AM »
I was out last year...cloudy in the am, caught a few but around noon, sun was out and the perch really turned on. My therory though....I think with the fall windstorm and the mess the ice is in may have an effect. The perch used to hide close to ice ridges...now the whole lake is an ice ridge...could they be scattered all over ??? Also when the wind storm came it really made a mess of the water quality...maybe the perch moved off to where the water is clear and just haven't returned. Talked to guy that told me the ice is a mess all the way up to Ammaranth. What I'm really trying to say is...I DON'T KNOW !!!!!  :wacko:

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2006, 10:19 AM »
I would partially agree with Ac.....initially the water was quite murky, but we have had a prolonged low hanging over southern Manitoba.....If we keep some decent temps and get the sunshine, no doubt they will turn on......just like us, the sun makes everyone HAPPY!!!.....Grump

PIKEGUY

« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2006, 10:43 AM »
I haven't seen the sun in almost two weeks here :'(  It's been rainy and dreary and the fishing has been "less than spectacular" Maybe you are right 8)

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2006, 11:22 AM »
 I think sunny days are better most of the time but the most important thing is location location location!! Finding the huge schools of bait is the most important element to finding the perch. Everytime I have slayed em when cleaning them they are all stuffed with minnows past few times out the ones we did get were empty! 

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2006, 01:17 PM »
Sun is the key IMO... have found the morning bite to be real hot once the sun gets up a bit. Cloudy days will produce first off but should the sun come out later in the afternoon... then hold onto your rods! The weather has been so mild that a lot of guys are kind of "rushing" the perch bite as I still feel its a bit early in the season. Come longer days in Feb. I'm sure the perch fishing will be hot on L. Manitoba. Having said all this I must add that my pal and I are looking at L. Manitoba this weekend. Not sure where we shall hit but it will be nice to get out.

Firefighter

It
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2006, 03:42 PM »
I agree......
The sun was out today......wippee :clap: :thumbsup:......everyone seemed in a better mood out there.....noticed less road rage even when I cut a few people off   :woot: while scurrying about getting stuff for my weekend fishing trip  :whistle: sing with me ......let the sunshine.....let the sunshine in!  :whistle:
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline swilleye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2006, 05:34 PM »
The sun is the source of our existance, most things slow down without it. I'm sure it effect's all things. We get S.A.D. sindrum and the dinosaurs left the planet because of the dust storms. God, to think of that compared to us just enjoying fishing doesn't seem right. A good mix of sunshine seem's to not only get me out,it does so with a smile ;D Lots of people who clean off the snow seem to benifit with perch, whitefish are more spooky in shallow water with surface movement. Walleye in murky water seem to use there nose to get there. Any way good fishing and that is my wierd view of things. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2006, 09:19 PM »
A good mix of sunshine seem's to not only get me out,it does so with a smile ;D

Bah humbug.

Just call me young Grump  ::) ;D ... or big grump...or whatever, just not late for dinner.
Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.