Author Topic: underwater footage  (Read 2425 times)

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
underwater footage
« on: Jan 17, 2005, 03:36 PM »
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what are some of your most memorable footage with underwater cameras?
   One incident for me it was when I had 3 Northern Pike at one time curcling my lure like pack of wolves, they all took turns slashing at my lure and finally have a pike hit and wrap around the camera cord,when I reeled it in you could see what it looked like for a fish to come up the hole.
   On another occasion I had  a pike that hung around my lure for an hour but refused to hit, he would come up and just nuzzle the bait, I even tapped it on the head and under the jaw hoping for a reaction strike but no sir, it would lazily drift out of screen and then re-appear. I had many good close looks at it and noticed that the top part of it's tail was missing and was sporting a scar. As I was going home I chatted with some other anglers a thousand yards away from where I was fishing, he showed me the fish he had just caught and believe it or not it was the same pike, it had the same scar in the same place, and the upper half of it's tail was missing. Just goes to show you how far the fish actually travel in a short period of time in there never ending search for food.

Good fishing and keep those cameras rolling   ;D

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
Re: underwater footage
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2005, 09:22 PM »
I had a very similiar incident. I had two pike attack my camera. nearly made me crap my pants. man did they make the camera spin. To this day I still laugh at that.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2005, 04:59 PM »
Big Walleye,
 You are right it does give you a start. You almost hear the Jaws music playing as they draw closer,lol. Thanks for the reply.   :o 
                                                >*)}}}}}><
Water Wolf

Offline BigLunker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2005, 08:32 PM »
Last year we were at the fish farm at Dief.  I ran my line down and then sent the camera down a different hole about six feet away from my line.  There was the odd whitefish that would come and look at my powerchew.  Then  I threw a hand full of trout pellets down.  Instantly there were no less than a dozen whites swarming around the food.  They were swimming into the side of the camera and the cable so I couldn't even see my line.  I was spending so much time just watching the fish that I don't think I even realized when they were sucking in my chews.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2005, 01:25 PM »
BigLunker,

How did you do in the end? That is neat to see that many fish all at one time. Using trout pellets a chum is a great idea. Wonder if it would work on perch the same way. I will have to try that next time I see perch on the camera, that might be the real ticket to keep them in a feeding frenzy, the white fish you saw sure were. Thanks for the post.  :)

Water Wolf  <*)}}}}><

Offline BigLunker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2005, 08:25 PM »
Waterwolf,

We did catch a few but not as many as we would have liked knowing how many fish were down there.  It seemed that they would quickly suck in the pellets and then spit them back out so you had to be quick.  We were also fishing in 50 feet of water and it was hard to feel the light hits.  Once we got the memory out of the line it was easier.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2005, 01:51 PM »
Thanks for the interesting story Biglunker. Tight line 8)

Water Wolf

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.