The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Whats the best power auger out there?  (Read 5823 times)

Offline welderman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Whats the best power auger out there?
« Reply #30 on: Mar 15, 2010, 05:23 PM »
jiffy i have a new sd60i runs and drills great 17 inch ice in 6 sec.

Offline silvercliff_46

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jul 07, 2010, 07:03 PM »
I;m going to buy a power auger and was wondering what is the best all round auger out there. I'm going to go with a 6" or 8" . Thanks for the help!
  Matt

I'll answer your question if you answer mine first.  What's the best pick-up truck, shotgun, rifle, beer, whiskey, boat, outboard, and Women.

Answer:  It's always the one "you" have, or at least want to have.

Offline TIBS

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tipup!!!!!
« Reply #32 on: Jul 07, 2010, 08:52 PM »
I'll answer your question if you answer mine first.  What's the best pick-up truck, shotgun, rifle, beer, whiskey, boat, outboard, and Women.

And the answers are:

Ford F-150, Benelli Vinci, Winchester Model 70, anything made by Miller, I hate whiskey (I know, Un-American, can't stand it though), Lund, Mercury, and a Brunette. ;D

Of course, all my opinion, and I've only got 2 on the list.

To the OP, Which auger can you afford, so long as it comes from one of the reputable mfg's.  Jiffy (I own), Strikemaster, Eskimo, Nils Master.  Those are the only ones I would look at.  I'm not a fan of the electric augers, especially ones with batteries mounted to them.  Some guys love em, I'm not one of them. ;)

Offline silvercliff_46

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jul 07, 2010, 09:06 PM »
And the answers are:

Ford F-150, Benelli Vinci, Winchester Model 70, anything made by Miller, I hate whiskey (I know, Un-American, can't stand it though), Lund, Mercury, and a Brunette. ;D

Of course, all my opinion, and I've only got 2 on the list.

To the OP, Which auger can you afford, so long as it comes from one of the reputable mfg's.  Jiffy (I own), Strikemaster, Eskimo, Nils Master.  Those are the only ones I would look at.  I'm not a fan of the electric augers, especially ones with batteries mounted to them.  Some guys love em, I'm not one of them. ;)

Dodge, Belgum Browning auto five, Reminton 700, Schlitz (original blend), Jack Daniels, Ranger, Yamaha, and my blond, red head, brunette (what ever is "in" this month or it would be grey) wife of 43 years.

and........, I agree about the auger, except the electric, cause I never used one so I don't know. :)

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #34 on: Jul 07, 2010, 10:31 PM »
Want to guess.    Icegator   In 3 years no issues. And I understand this year is the year for the 10 inch 36 volt model
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline bababooey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jul 07, 2010, 11:01 PM »
Want to guess.    Icegator   In 3 years no issues. And I understand this year is the year for the 10 inch 36 volt model

I haven't been on here very long Hazzy, but I was waiting for you to throw Icegator in the mix... ;D   I'll let you enjoy it for a couple days before I bring up the Strikemaster Solo being the best auger   :D

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jul 08, 2010, 04:38 AM »
Have only used a strikemaster so far, nothing to compare against.

As for the best truck etc.:
Any truck that will get me there, no idea on the shotgun, no idea on the rifle, don't drink don't know (when I used to drink I found they all got me equally drunk), same rule on the boat and motor as for the truck.
As for women, the one that stays around even when things get real bad, and keeps you standing rather than standing on you.

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jul 08, 2010, 11:28 AM »
Tanaka/Nils.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.