The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: RAIN  (Read 8970 times)

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
Re: RAIN
« Reply #60 on: Jan 13, 2023, 07:19 PM »
REALLY sad to hear............... especially considering in most cases it could be avoided! (Float suit/pics/spud bar)

Prayers to the men and their family! 🙏🙏🙏
after falling in with out a float suit i can tell you, you sink fast!! your avoidance list should be heeded,sorry to say this but float suits are really expensive wonder if they were cheaper would they be used by more people?
GOD BLESS and GOD HAVE MERCY
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline BIGDEERHUNTER63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Jan 22, 2023, 09:25 PM »
Like I said back in mid December this season is done put a fork in it  . Forecast was for 1 to 3 in. of snow here today in central PA. but all it did was RAIN at 38 deg. Expect it to be cold and snowy in April for trout season .

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Jan 23, 2023, 05:43 AM »
Raining here today, lightly. I bet it's freezing rain up by the lake. I won't put the gear away just yet but I am spending more time at the gym and gun range.

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Jan 23, 2023, 06:32 AM »
3 inches of snow here in the northwest and still snowing

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 23, 2023, 09:02 AM »
wet snow now. Hardly any accumulation.

Offline BIGDEERHUNTER63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Jan 30, 2023, 11:12 AM »
Once again , like over Christmas a giant cold front is plunging into the United States and will plunge almost to Mexico , then move east and set up over the north east. This will bring 2 to 3 days of very cold air over PA. (FRI. SAT , SUN ) ,then fly right back to the winter weather we have had all month. A statement from Elliott Abrams from Penn State weather said 40 or more years ago  "THAT THE HARSHER THE BLAST THE SHORTER THEY LAST " . I'll use a quote from Don McLean from the song American Pie (" no time left to start again ).

Offline Scranton Joe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 30, 2023, 11:49 AM »
Once again , like over Christmas a giant cold front is plunging into the United States and will plunge almost to Mexico , then move east and set up over the north east. This will bring 2 to 3 days of very cold air over PA. (FRI. SAT , SUN ) ,then fly right back to the winter weather we have had all month. A statement from Elliott Abrams from Penn State weather said 40 or more years ago  "THAT THE HARSHER THE BLAST THE SHORTER THEY LAST " . I'll use a quote from Don McLean from the song American Pie (" no time left to start again ).

I guess you were right after all.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Jan 30, 2023, 01:42 PM »
Belmont parking lot was packed this weekend.

Also heard thru the grapevine guys were fishing Duck Harbor.

I had plans and then got sick as a dog so I couldn’t go. But I would have been out somewhere if I could.

I will be (ice)fishing somewhere all weekend coming up...................w here there is a will, there is a way! 😜
Where's the FISH?!

Offline BIGDEERHUNTER63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Jan 30, 2023, 02:06 PM »
Put a fork into it with the rain coming the season is toast for most of PA.  .There may be a few places at high elevations that have a bare minimum of ice , but that bare min. for me is 6 in . Better luck next season .
You notice I said there would be a few places at elevation that would have minimal ice.

Belmont Lake--------1949 '
Duck Harbor Lake ------ 1391 '
Hills Creek  ----------1486 '
The average of 5.5 degrees loss per 1000' of elevation , that's why these places hold ice in lean years of cold , it's also why these places are fished out .

Offline 4seasonfishrman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Jan 30, 2023, 04:04 PM »
You notice I said there would be a few places at elevation that would have minimal ice.

The average of 5.5 degrees loss per 1000' of elevation , that's why these places hold ice in lean years of cold , it's also why these places are fished out .

Here in the sw part of the state even the small ponds at elevation (2500+ ft) aren't frozen.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Jan 30, 2023, 04:42 PM »

I’m just saying if you want it bad enough you can make it happen. Heard Belmont had 7-8” and Duck 6.5”....................
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Scranton Joe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Jan 30, 2023, 04:56 PM »
I’m just saying if you want it bad enough you can make it happen. Heard Belmont had 7-8” and Duck 6.5”....................

Chaumont Bay is the way to go in these trying times.

Offline IceSpartan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Jan 30, 2023, 05:25 PM »

Chaumont Bay is the way to go in these trying times.
Joe, did you see my report on Belmont?  I went up there on your advice.  7 inches.  I appreciate you!  Things should be improving this week with the cold nights.

Offline Scranton Joe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Jan 31, 2023, 06:58 AM »
Joe, did you see my report on Belmont?  I went up there on your advice.  7 inches.  I appreciate you!  Things should be improving this week with the cold nights.

Yes, I saw you're  report.

I'm  seriously thinking about taking a 4 day trip to NY this year. 

Offline boatman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Jan 31, 2023, 07:08 PM »
Yes, I saw you're  report.

I'm  seriously thinking about taking a 4 day trip to NY this year.

There is no ice up there either.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Jan 31, 2023, 07:52 PM »
There is no ice up there either.
the sun  when shining is already gettin warm.close to shore ice is gonna be the problem.it should make ice tonight,tommorow,thursday and friday,saturday and if you cant get on sunday well all aboard on the ice fishing coaster
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Feb 01, 2023, 06:20 PM »

I guess you were right after all.
well said,you gotta be ready to go at a moments notice,fish while you can and be grateful for the time you have on the ice.my accuweather says 50ish temps next week.GO FISH
GOD BLESS
mo

Offline Scranton Joe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Feb 01, 2023, 08:46 PM »
well said,you gotta be ready to go at a moments notice,fish while you can and be grateful for the time you have on the ice.my accuweather says 50ish temps next week.GO FISH
GOD BLESS
mo

We did have a great  6 day local season here fishing from dawn to dusk.  At least we had that this year.  Now, we will have to drive an hour or so to get another couple of trips in.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Feb 01, 2023, 09:07 PM »
GOD BLESS
mo

AMEN! I’m making plans for a Marathon ice-fishing weekend with some buddies! Might even camp out on the ice Sunday night! 🤪
Where's the FISH?!

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Feb 07, 2023, 06:14 PM »
AMEN! I’m making plans for a Marathon ice-fishing weekend with some buddies! Might even camp out on the ice Sunday night! 🤪
its 53 and rain here,'65 and rain next week  >:( :'( hope you ran your iceathon.
GOD BLESS
mo

Offline Salty Ice Queen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Feb 07, 2023, 09:26 PM »
Believe:: we are supposed to get a cool down until March..Could the ground hog be correct??
Game on!!..Fish on!!
🤞

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Feb 08, 2023, 04:35 AM »
its 53 and rain here,'65 and rain next week  >:( :'( hope you ran your iceathon.
GOD BLESS
mo

Yep! Fished the last 4 days actually.............. .not the hottest action  ever but got out every day and managed to avoid the SKUNK all 4 days ...................and even got a couple nice crappie after work yesterday! 😎

Where's the FISH?!

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Feb 08, 2023, 06:32 PM »
Yep! Fished the last 4 days actually.............. .not the hottest action  ever but got out every day and managed to avoid the SKUNK all 4 days ...................and even got a couple nice crappie after work yesterday! 😎

Couple nice slabs there Ruttnutt. Couple more you will have a happy meal !!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Feb 09, 2023, 09:13 AM »
Thanks Captain! The second one put up a good fight- stripped some line on 2 runs before I could land him! 🤪
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Salty Ice Queen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Feb 09, 2023, 05:05 PM »
Yes,. Definitely nice..🫡

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Feb 10, 2023, 05:10 AM »
No ice here in Se pa. Put my stuff away. Started the traditional February Gill fishing. Finally found some that were biting.

Offline Salty Ice Queen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Feb 12, 2023, 06:56 PM »
I'm putting my stuff away tomorrow..I need to keep watch for early bears now.
And start putting my feeders away every night.
Last year We had 8 bear..I
Chased off..My m.p.380
And a huge stainless steel bowl with a huge spoon.
Does a fine job.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.