Author Topic: Phantom Tilly  (Read 520 times)

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Phantom Tilly
« on: Dec 22, 2023, 12:43 AM »
Phantom Tilly: preliminary review.

It's a lure that catches fishermen and then use it to catch fish.  I got the size 5 at 1/4 oz. weight.  It has a jigging rap profile, but that's only about half of what it resembles.  It's a hard plastic lure with a fully integrated tail fins.  It is more similar to a Jigging Shad Rap in design.  However appearance is all that is.  The lure has a much wider body profile and due to it size, it feels much lighter. 

I have to say that the color paint schemes are wonderful.  The glows are also wonderful are bright.  That's what catches the fisherman.  It's side profile reminds me of a fancy guppy in an aquarium fish tank. 

Bucket of water test:  Dropped in water and  watched it.  Appears to be having a slower fall rate.  That being the key difference in this lure over most other similar lures.  It also has some slight wobble on the fall.  In appearance when free fall the lure sort of like to lean over on it's side on the initial drop.  It is very different free fall form compared to most other jigging rap with the nose dive.  This being a lighter feel lure, also has a more fluid jigging lift.  It has some forward motion on the up lift.  Again different from most other similar jigging rap lures which is mostly uplift only.  To get the gliding motion one sort of has to control the fall rate.  Only this lure seems to require a bit more finessing and control to get the correct motion.  Again it has a lighter feel so it may be better suited to shallow water jigging.  Maybe also better suited to quivering the lure in place.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Phantom Tilly
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2023, 05:50 AM »

Bob no mention of the internal rattle , was it noticeable

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2023, 02:17 AM »
oh yeah, that internal rattles do rattle.  ;D

That side wobble thing got too much attention from me.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2023, 05:48 AM »

😉

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.